Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

*pats dusty ps5* that'll do pig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

The Fool posted:

another problem you don't have on consoles

console chads win again :cool:

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

conchodes

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
chadsoles

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

me hanging out on the couch watching cool movies and drinking yoohoo while playing some of the best games ever on my switch lite while you are stuck behind your wheezing computer upgrading your ram so that you can play zork with graphics set to “okay” or w/e

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

this mf played zork at okay graphics

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

c metroid prime s: gently caress that stupid furnace half pipe, i have no idea how to actually do it right. got no problem doing every other half pipe in the game but this one i swear is broken. and all for a lousy missile expansion, too.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

tried playing nms, but only have a 100 watt power supply with me, so the craptop freaks out and throttles down when my gpu spikes

240w psu being delivered tomorrow tho

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

i'm so bad at playing games with a controller

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

"and the furtive virgin, so easily forgotten."

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

imagine continuing to play games on a computer because you're afraid of being worse at them if you use a purpose-built machine. what a statement on man's folly! o fortune, o sea, deliver us from our hubris and our peril!

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

starting to feel like 2006 all over again

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

dioxazine posted:

starting to feel like 2006 all over again

your back stopped hurting and your psoriasis cleared up?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

no, i've had nerdback since 2002 probably!

i suppose my eyes were better then too

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
haha pc gaming

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

personally i just like having access to keyboard & mouse, and alt-tab

suppose i could bring a laptop or tablet or w/e to the couch but tbh i could never get comfortable using a laptop on, er, my lap. dunno why

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

keyboard and mouse for competitive shooters. game pad for the other stuff.

e z

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Being able to suspend a game at any time is the one and only advantage of consoles

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

:wrong:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

keyboard and mouse for competitive shooters. game pad for the other stuff.

e z

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Sapozhnik posted:

Being able to suspend a game at any time is the one and only advantage of consoles
i hadn't thought of this but yeah that'd be pretty great

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

speaking of pc, would now be a bad time to look into buying a new motherboard/cpu (and i guess ram too, oof)? like upcoming releases or somesuch?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

elden ring in online mode breaks quick resume on the xbox and that makes me sad

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

carry on then posted:

c metroid prime s: gently caress that stupid furnace half pipe, i have no idea how to actually do it right. got no problem doing every other half pipe in the game but this one i swear is broken. and all for a lousy missile expansion, too.

I just spent 20 minutes swearing at this.

tips that got me through:

* you have to boost at just around the halfway point
* you have to release the boost with a directional input, or you will end up about a ball-length too low

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Sapozhnik posted:

the steam deck is a miracle for how well it does this

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

is steam deck suspend anything more than normal linux suspend?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
linux suspend works??

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i don't play pc games much because i already spend too much time sitting at my desk

this is firmly a me problem

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Mr. Crow posted:

linux suspend works??

not in my experience

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

MrQueasy posted:

* you have to release the boost with a directional input, or you will end up about a ball-length too low

haha I saw advice that said no directional input whatsoever, so i wasn't doing it but i bet that's exactly it

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

seems fine? i close lid, it sleeps, i open lid, it wakes. goofy rear end msi laptop at that

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

nudgenudgetilt posted:

seems fine? i close lid, it sleeps, i open lid, it wakes. goofy rear end msi laptop at that

cool cool, nothing i trust more than a linux user leaping in to go "works fine on my machine!"

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

cool cool, nothing i trust more than a linux user leaping in to go "works fine on my machine!"

nothing i trust more than people who show that haven't used it in twenty years by whining about problems that don't exist. the only linux suspend "problems" in a really long time are new, caused by hardware decisions, and affect users across platforms. i.e. computers that wake constantly to try to phone microsoft

this whole convo started by you morons praising linux suspend on the steamdeck

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

echinopsis posted:

i refuse to believe people can actually get past making a rocket that gets into space

you know there's a thread for this

most people can't get they're haeds past rendering stuff the rodtronics way and yet you spend time doing it

imagine programming something like a semi-manned probe to loop around not-mars or building wheeled landers out of tinker toys

some of which might even work

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

MrQueasy posted:

yeah don't think about how you skateboard on a half pipe because it's a completely artificial mechanic that only vaguely relates to physics. there's a sweet spot in which you boost, you just have to find it and hit it repeatedly

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I got a steamdeck yesterday and the first thing I did was install Red Dead Redemption 2.

it’s still not working today. I like the steamdeck, but it’s still very much :pcgaming:

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

when I got my series x rdr2 was the second thing I installed

the first being elden ring, the third being nms

all three worked immediately after the download finished with no issues

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

right, because the steam deck is *gestures at the linux*

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

the steam dreck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
if i got a steamdeck first thing i'd play is new vegas goty edition