Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

goblin week posted:

SA created 4chan and the modern american politics so maybe the nazi website was inside of us all along

now we're cookin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

ooooh, didn't get that was how it worked

IBM's logo speaks of hard-rear end instant coffee and Barney Miller. We think of the smell of carbon copy forms. It is assumed that men will drink rye at lunch.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

my dad had a hunting knife with a leather sheath that had a stitched IBM logo in it from some wierd sales trip to Norway he went on in the early 80s

I hope he still has it

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Cold on a Cob posted:

haha going out like the weirdo loser he is instead of chads like watterson and larson

they're both out of retirement baby

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Beeftweeter posted:

i admit kind of liking the animated series when i saw it in reruns but i don't think a dilbert strip has ever made me actually laugh. even the animated show didn't really, and from what i can tell scott adams had barely anything to do with it

i still think erased dogbert political chart is the funniest thing scott adams ever drew

https://mobile.twitter.com/g0m/status/1267573248495095810

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Shame Boy posted:

i still think erased dogbert political chart is the funniest thing scott adams ever drew

https://mobile.twitter.com/g0m/status/1267573248495095810

i don't get it

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Beeftweeter posted:

i don't get it

he drew dogbert, erased it, then drew real stupid political ideas on top

i just find that really funny for some reason :shrug:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Shame Boy posted:

he drew dogbert, erased it, then drew real stupid political ideas on top

i just find that really funny for some reason :shrug:

i mean ok, just guessing but the guy that draws dilbert probably also draws dogbert a lot :confused:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
consider it a poignant metaphor for his downfall

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

dogbert always struck me as the real self-insert character

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

infernal machines posted:

this works a lot better imo lol

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/halomancer1/status/1630269070233976834

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

infernal machines posted:

yeah it's the juxtaposition of "here's fun character dogbert i draw" being erased and replaced with "antifa are nazis and elizabeth warren is the most far left person i still consider valid"

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Truman Peyote posted:

dogbert always struck me as the real self-insert character

the self insert was the pointy haired boss

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

really putting the white in whiteboard there

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Shame Boy posted:

yeah it's the juxtaposition of "here's fun character dogbert i draw" being erased and replaced with "antifa are nazis and elizabeth warren is the most far left person i still consider valid"

it's far far better than anything scott adams has ever done intentionally

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."
i spent a few moments looking at that circle and trying to figure out how biden could possibly be considered left of center, and then i remembered scott adams is a dumbass and trying to interpret his political opinions in good faith is like trying to figure out what the cow tools are "supposed to be"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Beeftweeter posted:

pretty sure most of our age ranges were in the single digits too (or low double digits)

it's a pretty yospos joke that happens to be in dilbert strip format, i think it's fine

i would have been 1, lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I was in high school in 1995 and remember laughing at the occasional dilbert :o:

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

yeah same, but some aren't on there either :|

it does look like bandcamp's finally put some work into making their mobile app usable though. it used to not have the ability to save for offline play even, which, lol

SA continues to have this amazing capacity to not recognize that other social networks are neither small nor uniform blocs, which is ironic given that SA, small as it is, is not a uniform bloc. same poo poo where we were like "EVERYONE ON REDDIT IS THERE FOR /r/jailbait (and we deny any history that may even suggest a thread of connection between us, 4chan, and that subreddit!)"!

oddly enough, the japanese art and central asia academia twitter spheres never interact with scott adams or anyone in his replies! it's as if large enough social networks often develop disparate and largely separate communities or something

the analogy isn't that we're all at the nazi bar, it's that the nazi bar and the other bars all take cash, and sometimes people exchange cash and interact outside the bars because we all use the same currency

idk about that analogy, given who Twitter is run by and how the service is actively degrading as a result. it’s more like a country, which is run by Nazis. that there’s good communities within this nazi country is incidental

I still use Twitter though I am rooting for its downfall, and if making GBS threads on it in any way helps this happen then good. Reddit is more or less fine for specific communities tho, but the meta community stuff doesn’t paint a great picture

OldAlias fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Feb 28, 2023

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

OldAlias posted:

idk about that analogy, given who Twitter is run by and how the service is actively degrading as a result. it’s more like a country, which is run by Nazis. that there’s good communities within this nazi country is incidental

I still use Twitter though I am rooting for its downfall, and if making GBS threads on it in any way helps this happen then good. Reddit is more or less fine for specific communities tho, but the meta community stuff doesn’t paint a great picture

much of the userbase is simply there, irrespective of the current leadership, how it got there, and what its whims are. this was true before and after the great muskrat dallied in. twitter is, or was, a big pot. extremely online types may have left in a huff, but those are a tiny minority. people who even pay attention to news about the platform are a minority

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i left twitter a while back and my life is noticeably better for having done so.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

i left twitter a while back and my life is noticeably better for having done so.
well, yeah - now you have more time to spend with your friends in yospos :unsmith:

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

much of the userbase is simply there, irrespective of the current leadership, how it got there, and what its whims are. this was true before and after the great muskrat dallied in. twitter is, or was, a big pot. extremely online types may have left in a huff, but those are a tiny minority. people who even pay attention to news about the platform are a minority

reminder that pre-musk twitter deliberately did not ban nazis, except in germany where they were legally required to

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Shame Boy posted:

you're married. you're married? you're married! you're married?! you're married!

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

scott adams looks like dogbert

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

he looks like a Nazi pederast

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

true, lots of people don’t care about the news, but they do care about quality of service. everyone has noticed that twitter has recently gotten less performant and less able to properly fulfill requests. if the experience of using the site gets annoying enough, normies will leave. especially if alternatives can get polished enough that they’re welcoming and easy to join

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

haveblue posted:

true, lots of people don’t care about the news, but they do care about quality of service. everyone has noticed that twitter has recently gotten less performant and less able to properly fulfill requests. if the experience of using the site gets annoying enough, normies will leave. especially if alternatives can get polished enough that they’re welcoming and easy to join

the decimations will continue until morale/performance/profitability improves

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lmao if true

quote:

Even the monetization infrastructure team overseeing Twitter's revenue streams was hit by the job cuts, going from 30 people down to eight.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

this is a step beyond burning the furniture to heat the house. this is burning the house down for warmth

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lol. lmao. remember when i said microsoft was going to shoehorn their gpt poo poo in everywhere?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i don't, but i am pretty sure microsoft already said it first anyway

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

it is getting to the point though where i do wonder how much loving electricity they are spending on this. inference is not cheap.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

ugh why

they already know it doesn't work

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
it's okay, they'll make it up in volume

mystes
May 31, 2006

Jabor posted:

it's okay, they'll make it up in volume
Thankfully I don't think it makes any noise this time

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

imo it's a real missed opportunity moving away from the cortana branding for their unhinged "ai" assistant

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

can’t wait for windows 11 powered by gpt-backed cortana to utter racial slurs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Beeftweeter posted:

ugh why

they already know it doesn't work

i still disagree with this, is it useful? no. will it make microsoft money? no. will it drive google to do something insane? yes, probably. will it harm microsoft share prices? probably not.

and i think that sums to a great opportunity from microsofts perspective.

plus it'll likely keep being funny in various ways.