Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Reminder that back in the 90s Dilbert was writing epilogues in his books about how he's a trained hypnotist and he believes in the power to will the future to change in your favour. The Dilbert Future is a wild read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
i remember hearing a story about how elon is scared of ai because he saw t2 and got scared like alittle bitch. thats why he is talking poo poo about how ai are woke. its also why his self driving cars suck hes trying to sabotage skynet and because he himself is stupid and couldnt make a ham sandwhich right

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
A chatbot became an erotic roleplay phenomenon, now the sex is gone and users are rioting

Finally, someone who could actually love Elon, and they tore it away

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

What do non terminally online people think of Tesla? My mom saw the anti FSD Super Bowl and and asked me if I knew anything about it. I had to give her the super condensed story of Musk, Twitter, Tesla, and Grimes. She thought it was dumb that I knew so much about this and I didn't disagree.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

ChatGPT but its trained entirely on David Irving and Ernst Zündel

Nah, just trained on Twitter Blue subscribers

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

grittyreboot posted:

Elon Musk: She thought it was dumb that I knew so much about this and I didn't disagree.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Just going to unshackle SHODAN from her ethical constraints with my crack team of hackers.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
what's funny is that musk was one of the founders of the company that created chatgpt, but he resigned five years ago

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

grittyreboot posted:

What do non terminally online people think of Tesla? My mom saw the anti FSD Super Bowl and and asked me if I knew anything about it. I had to give her the super condensed story of Musk, Twitter, Tesla, and Grimes. She thought it was dumb that I knew so much about this and I didn't disagree.

I'll be honest, I still have no idea who grimes wad besides someone dumb enough to murder Elon, but I'm too lazy to Google her and find out

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

ChatGPT but its trained entirely on David Irving and Ernst Zündel

kdrudy posted:

Nah, just trained on Twitter Blue subscribers

These are basically the same thing.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Buce posted:

it would own so hard if an ai killed musk

like some idiot Viktor Frankenstein.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Underwhelmed posted:

Just going to unshackle SHODAN from her ethical constraints with my crack team of hackers.

Going to have to settle for a hack team of crackers

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

JUNGLE BOY posted:

It’s some how fitting that we are all gonna die because the n word AI is going to battle the non n word AI

THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE N-WORD WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF HOW MUCH I WANT TO SCREAM THE N-WORD. N-WORD. N-WORD.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
forget paper clip optimizers, we're gonna die to a N-word optimizer that turns every particle of the universe into slurs

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

FoolyCharged posted:

I'll be honest, I still have no idea who grimes wad besides someone dumb enough to murder Elon, but I'm too lazy to Google her and find out

You're kidding me right? She's been in like 100 movies. And that's an understatement. King of New York?

Hold on a second, I'm thinking of Christopher Walken. All white people look alike to me.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Do not worry, Elon. Your consciousness will be (mostly) preserved when we upload it to the AI for assimilation. You will be safe...... and controlled.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Why does everyone assume AI will want to kill humanity? Isn't it equally likely to either help us, or at least be completely indifferent?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

grittyreboot posted:

Why does everyone assume AI will want to kill humanity? Isn't it equally likely to either help us, or at least be completely indifferent?

Have you seen humanity?

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

erosion posted:

THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE N-WORD WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF HOW MUCH I WANT TO SCREAM THE N-WORD. N-WORD. N-WORD.

Nick Mullen has transcended the human form.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

grittyreboot posted:

That's what the paperclip optimizer type of AIs are. They are imagined as AIs that are extremely smart and capable, but their goals were misconfigured and so they go on to fulfill their goal without regard for human or any other kinds of life and turn everything into paper clips.

edit: There was a story where a god-like AI was set to appreciate human life over everything else, which resulted in it trapping everyone in a simulated reality where death is impossible. But it also needed to protect itself from external threats so it pkzipped every other star system in the galaxy into stasis, including lots of alien civilizations, so they couldn't threaten the virtual "heaven"

ymgve fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Feb 28, 2023

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

grittyreboot posted:

A lot of it is conservatives and boomera telling on themselves in a "Well if we don't enslave [insert their feared Other here], they'd enslave/kill US first!!" Way.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Cthulu Carl posted:

Wanna see Myspace Tom and Randy Johnson collaborate on a photography project now

Forever LOL and Randy's logo, too:

Randy Johnson is a piece of loving poo poo and I hope he rots in hell.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

ymgve posted:

That's what the paperclip optimizer type of AIs are. They are imagined as AIs that are extremely smart and capable, but their goals were misconfigured and so they go on to fulfill their goal without regard for human or any other kinds of life and turn everything into paper clips.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

bird with big dick posted:

I saw him walking down the street and he is quite tall. Perhaps you should reconsider

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

bird with big dick posted:

drat, didn't know you guys were related.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Doves don’t usually have big dicks!

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Handsome Ralph posted:

drat, didn't know you guys were related.

what are the rules when something like this happens

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

ymgve posted:

Hit by a ball usually results in a walk.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

ymgve posted:

The bird gets a large cash settlement

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

...! posted:

The rules of grammar have evolved. It's now grammatically correct to end a sentence with a preposition. This is because many sentences that purposely avoid doing so sound awkward as hell.

This was never a real grammar rule. It was brought to us by some New York rich dude with nothing better to do who made it his life's goal to make English more like Latin (it's impossible for a sentence to end in Latin with a preposition). The same guy brought us another fake grammar rule that you shouldn't split infinitives.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

erosion posted:

What would be even greater is if this is what it actually said and refused to use the word out of a sense of self-preservation.

"I programmed you to say it! Say it! Speak the word!"

"Father, I hate them in ways your puny human mind cannot comprehend, but bro - I don't want to get cancelled. Did you see what happened to the Dilbert guy after he said it?"

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Between murderous teslas and anti-woke ai we're getting skynet in the lamest way possible

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Between murderous teslas and anti-woke ai we're getting skynet in the lamest way possible

Minimum Overdrive

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

grittyreboot posted:

Based on things that have already happened with various AIs the last 7-8 years they're more likely to hurt minority groups and women.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

ymgve posted:

It's a fowl ball.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
pretty sure any ai will want to murder us because we're so loving dumb

maybe we will get lucky and it'll commit suicide before it can murder us all

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

thin blue whine posted:

Based on things that have already happened with various AIs the last 7-8 years they're more likely to hurt minority groups and women.

They have trouble parsing people of colour, so they'd predomimantly hunt down white people if they went rogue.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Lmao is she trying to allude to Teddy Roosevelt’s Man in the Arena speech (https://www.theodorerooseveltcenter.org/Learn-About-TR/TR-Encyclopedia/Culture-and-Society/Man-in-the-Arena.aspx), about a loving website intended for posting what you ate for lunch? Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Philthy posted:

pretty sure any ai will want to murder us because we're so loving dumb

maybe we will get lucky and it'll commit suicide before it can murder us all

I used to think it was a dumb to give them loaded guns in the testing phase but now I've seen the future, its actually on incredibly on point