Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

the whole static raid group / jesse, we have to prog / omg you were 2 seconds late on that cooldown stuff doesnt show up till the very end.

also you can simply just not do that stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

it was some gross/questionable image. i forget what it was, but i saw it before it was erased and recall thinking "hmmmmm"

was it an exploit that turns people monitors off

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Can I just make an account for FFXIV just to play Mahjong? I mean, knowing me I'll end up getting into the actual game but that's the main thing I'm interested in

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah you dont even have to go paid to go to the gold saucer. just get like level 15 or smth iirc

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Zlodo posted:

was it an exploit that turns people monitors off

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

bump is a cool guy who sometimes loses his mind and posts the weirdest poo poo

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

InternetOfTwinks posted:

Can I just make an account for FFXIV just to play Mahjong? I mean, knowing me I'll end up getting into the actual game but that's the main thing I'm interested in

japanese mahjong players literally do this to play mahjong because it's free and well presented and all the other large competitors in the space either cost money or are anime as gently caress

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

not saying that xiv isn't anime as gently caress but there are degrees

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

jesus WEP posted:

bump is a cool guy who sometimes loses his mind and posts the weirdest poo poo
good thing he got out of the uk before it became terminal

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mahjong kicks so much rear end, playing it for hours is my favorite part of the yakuza games

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

oh no blimp issue posted:

not saying that xiv isn't anime as gently caress but there are degrees

Having briefly looked into options for digital mahjong, FFXIV might as well be a western medical drama next to the baseline offerings for digital mahjong that don't also look and feel like they were made in 2003 at best.

And I haven't even played FFXIV. And I know FFXIV has catgirls.

So yeah makes sense as far as a way to play mahjong. Still not gonna play a WOW style MMO though.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
tf does "wow style" mean. is that like "chicago style" food

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

world of Warcraft loot grinder go getter

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Decon posted:

Still not gonna play a WOW style MMO though.

good news about ffxiv then

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

hahaha xiv, wow style mmo, hahaha

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

xiv is a final fantasy game with some form of MMO gameplay shoehorned in

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Zlodo posted:

brain worms where you must absolutely complete every single possible thing it's fine

:smith:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

mahjong kicks so much rear end, playing it for hours is my favorite part of the yakuza games

hell yeah, mahjong rules. i used to play tenhou, but i think mahjongsoul is far less clunky

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I totally get the comparison though since if you look at screenshots or footage you have a couple hotbars and an avatar in the middle of the screen

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

yeah mmos have this weird compulsion to bloat the hell out of your moves

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Decon posted:

Having briefly looked into options for digital mahjong, FFXIV might as well be a western medical drama next to the baseline offerings for digital mahjong that don't also look and feel like they were made in 2003 at best.

And I haven't even played FFXIV. And I know FFXIV has catgirls.

So yeah makes sense as far as a way to play mahjong. Still not gonna play a WOW style MMO though.

mahjong soul, while a bit heavy on the cheesecake, is a really good richii mahjong client

and it has sanma, which is fun as hell and great when you just want a quick game

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Gnossiennes posted:

mahjong soul, while a bit heavy on the cheesecake, is a really good richii mahjong client

and it has sanma, which is fun as hell and great when you just want a quick game

you can also have a cat paw to call riichi and discard tiles with

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Gnossiennes posted:

this was the aforementioned "anime as hell" mahjong client
its anime as all loving hell

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

new splatoon season is the poo poo, love to turn into a giant kraken and roll into people

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

giving myself three hours for james after work tonight. so many games in my library to play, but i know i'm gonna spend all three hours on ftl

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

How can your neglect RimWorld like that

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I got CoH3 from a very kind poster in the grey forum thread and also have been meaning to play days gone that I bought on sale

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

How can your neglect RimWorld like that

because i know goddamn well if i fire up rimworld, it's gonna be 8 hours not 3

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

nudgenudgetilt posted:

because i know goddamn well if i fire up rimworld, it's gonna be 8 hours not 3

:twisted:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

do we have a :rimworld: ?

e: nope, hmm 🤔

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

PokeJoe posted:

I got CoH3 from a very kind poster in the grey forum thread and also have been meaning to play days gone that I bought on sale

but every rimworld colony is a company of heroes

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

PokeJoe posted:

Days Gone was great, my last big full game playthrough. Not often something grabs me and I have to put all the hours into it ASAP, even Horizon Zero Dawn that I played before and loved I took some downtime.

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Got that on deck for the next time I'm hankering for an open world popcorn thing, seems like a good game of that style

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

dioxazine posted:

but every rimworld colony is a company of heroes

The original CoH was my favorite rts ever and probably my most played game of all time. I totally bounced off the sequel and am undecided on the 3rd so far. RimWorld however is a way of life

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Days Gone was great, my last big full game playthrough. Not often something grabs me and I have to put all the hours into it ASAP, even Horizon Zero Dawn that I played before and loved I took some downtime.

I've been interested in it for a while since I live up in the pnw. somehow im still a sucker for zombie stuff despite much of it being dogshit garbage. It finally got down to $20 or w/e and I've been sitting on it since whatever sale but I'm probably gonna start it up tomorrow or maybe even tonite

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i didn't like 2 at all and yes, the original CoH was great

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Calvin og hobbes

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

dioxazine posted:

i didn't like 2 at all and yes, the original CoH was great

Conrad, tie your loving laces

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

getting around to trying the demo for wo lang: fallen dynasty. drat, these guys got hands. lot of fun though, and unlike nioh 2 i don't have to ki pulse all the loving time so i can actually concentrate on the fight :v:

might pick up the full game this weekend

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

built a fresh wooden shack on a uranium planet in nms

half the rocks on the planet give chromatic metal, so it was amusing searching for a copper deposit from which i could refine a single copper ore to chromatic metal to get the game to let me past an objective

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

getting around to trying the demo for wo lang: fallen dynasty. drat, these guys got hands. lot of fun though, and unlike nioh 2 i don't have to ki pulse all the loving time so i can actually concentrate on the fight :v:

might pick up the full game this weekend

wo lang is on game pass