Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

fart simpson posted:

u sure? im pretty sure its a thing in the ikea duvet covers and idk why theyd make them differently here

some countries value difficulty and suffering since it builds character and adjust their duvet covers accordingly you see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

i don't even own a duvet cover

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I just spread some gravel out on the floor and doze off. Wife wanted to spring for some landscaping pebbles but I'm not made of money.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

infernal machines posted:

i don't even own a duvet cover

yah well mr. jones just admitted he does. but he doesnt put in the work. whats up with that

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
fuckin' weak, that's what

gnatalie
Jul 1, 2003

blasting women into space

Roosevelt posted:

turn the cover inside-out. put your arms inside and grab the far corners. grab two corners of the duvet along with the cover corners, then pull everything back out through the opening, re-skinning the duvet

yup. when i showed wife how to do this it blew her mind. still is annoying with large duvet and tiny lil babby arms tho

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

Shame Boy posted:

some countries value difficulty and suffering since it builds character and adjust their duvet covers accordingly you see

i wish there was a :thatscalvinism: because this does kind of describe dutch culture, but without the character building as the ultimate goal. the suffering is its own reward

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

MononcQc posted:

I figure the frequency at which it is acceptable to change sheets varies a whole lot depending on whether you shower at night before going to bed or in the morning when getting up, but that's as much as I'm gonna get involved in this.
lol yeah. i shower before bed but my wife showers in the morning, the difference in the bedcovers is... night and day :rimshot:

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

there was so much good poo poo in this film
it's an absolute work of art. i had high hopes for valerian, welp

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

is a duvet cover a replacement for the flat sheet or do you use both?

we use a weird combo of flat sheet + weighted blanket + heated blanket on top. no duvet, although i have thought about getting one. i kinda miss having a big fluffy comforter, but a duvet cover would be easier to launder.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

the duvet cover is just a cover for the duvet. as far as i can tell, duvets are comforters that take covers. it goes over the sheet, and is not a replacement for it. for that reason it doesn't get dirty a lot unless you have big smelly long dogs that jump on the bed with you

mystes
May 31, 2006

Gnossiennes posted:

is a duvet cover a replacement for the flat sheet or do you use both?

we use a weird combo of flat sheet + weighted blanket + heated blanket on top. no duvet, although i have thought about getting one. i kinda miss having a big fluffy comforter, but a duvet cover would be easier to launder.
You don't have a cover on the weighted blanket?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
weighted cover for the cover for the weighted blanket

just 127 pounds of buckwheat smothering u in bed

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Achmed Jones posted:

the duvet cover is just a cover for the duvet. as far as i can tell, duvets are comforters that take covers. it goes over the sheet, and is not a replacement for it. for that reason it doesn't get dirty a lot unless you have big smelly long dogs that jump on the bed with you

only got dirty once in your life?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

weighted cover for the cover for the weighted blanket

just 127 pounds of buckwheat smothering u in bed
the covers aren't weighted, they're just so you can wash them, like pillowcases, because weighted blankets generally aren't easily washable

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

buying silver thread sheets so i never have to do laundry again

they're anti-bacterial!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

fart simpson posted:

only got dirty once in your life?

i never had duvet covers at all until we bought the cal king bed we have now when ms jones got pregnant. ms jones usually does it while i'm at work. but then i spilled something or noticed it was dirty or something so did it myself. i know this kind of pretend-to-not-understand thing is your schtick but this is feeling kinda weird

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

actually we had a comforter for a long time on the bed, i don't remember when we switched to a duvet 🤷‍♀️

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
nothin like dryin the duvet and cover on the line in the sunshine on a spring day. so fluffy

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Achmed Jones posted:

i never had duvet covers at all until we bought the cal king bed we have now when ms jones got pregnant. ms jones usually does it while i'm at work. but then i spilled something or noticed it was dirty or something so did it myself. i know this kind of pretend-to-not-understand thing is your schtick but this is feeling kinda weird

it’s ok my wife does almost all the housework too.

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
duvets are blankets that wear diapers

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

mystes posted:

You don't have a cover on the weighted blanket?

nah, the cover it came with made it too slippery on the top sheet, so we just ditched it. tbh i'd rather have a big fluffy comforter than a weighted blanket, but my husband likes the weighted more. maybe i should look for like, a twin xl-sized duvet just for myself. 🤔

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
duvet cup

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Achmed Jones posted:

i just think it’s funny to have done something like that exactly once. reminds me of when a roommate asked me where the dumpster was, 8 months into us living together, revealing that he had never yet taken the trash out

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
Clean sheets are nice

Highly recommend

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

i just think it’s funny to have done something like that exactly once. reminds me of when a roommate asked me where the dumpster was, 8 months into us living together, revealing that he had never yet taken the trash out

was it the guy that xi welded up the apartment door of maybe?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Jonny 290 posted:

was it the guy that xi welded up the apartment door of maybe?

i dont think so because this was in massachusetts. if he moved to wuhan later i didn’t hear about it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
coulda been one of those chinese police departments theyre setting up in amherst or w/e

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

makes you think

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

AlbertFlasher posted:

Clean sheets are nice

Highly recommend

clean sheets mean a lot to a guy who sleeps on the floor

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

that guy must have huge sheets or a tiny bedroom

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I slept on a futon for a few years

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
not like a convertible futon couch. a cotton stuffed mat on the floor

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."

infernal machines posted:

buying silver thread sheets so i never have to do laundry again

they're anti-bacterial!

pro: no bacteria on the sheets

con: slowly transforming yourself into a smurf

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Silver Alicorn posted:

not like a convertible futon couch. a cotton stuffed mat on the floor

ぶっ飛んだ

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Achmed Jones posted:

wtf you sleep with a sheet between you and the duvet??

americans are completely insane

mystes
May 31, 2006

Carthag Tuek posted:

wtf you sleep with a sheet between you and the duvet??

americans are completely insane
It's common to always use a top sheet in the us, I guess originally because traditionally a lot of comforters weren't that comfortable against the skin in texture or easy to wash. Admittedly maybe it makes more sense not to use a top sheet if your comforter or duvet cover is washable though.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

duvet covers are a profound pain in the rear end and i hate them and don’t use them

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

nobody but me lives in this jank apartment anyway what does it matter.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

y’all should look into this newfangled quilt technology

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Carthag Tuek posted:

i just live in filth, works4me wontfix