Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
duvet covers are great and as long as you get a cover + comforter with the ties and loops they dont bunch up. works4me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Jonny 290 posted:

duvet covers are great and as long as you get a cover + comforter with the ties and loops they dont bunch up. works4me

ime lies

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

this poo poo bunches up no matter what

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

maybe I’m bad at duvets. T hat sucks I guess

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

one weird trick to save money on laundry, keep your thermostat set real high so you don't need sheets at all

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Pollyanna posted:

this poo poo bunches up no matter what

I got some of these

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004843147687.html

and they work well and don't look nearly as huge as the fake product use photos.

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

Roosevelt posted:

clean sheets mean a lot to a guy who sleeps on the floor

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
my duvet covers dont have the little tie things in teh corners so i just grab the comforter and pull it into the corner and tie all the corners real tight with twine

so like yeah at the corners of the comforter are these hard little fabric knots but its actually kinda nice cause that way you know how its oriented cause for whatever reason my blankets & stuff always seem to gradually rotate over time.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

rotor posted:

my blankets & stuff always seem to gradually rotate over time.

makes sense given the username.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i sleep in nothing but the finest linens, always waking in a bright room with my sheets artfully rumpled around me

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Silver Alicorn posted:

not like a convertible futon couch. a cotton stuffed mat on the floor

on tatami? i was so comfy when i slept on that at a ryokan.

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."

Truman Peyote posted:

i sleep in nothing but the finest linens, always waking in a bright room with my sheets artfully rumpled around me

i haven't slept in past dawn since i adopted chickens

my morning routine begins with releasing my feathered dinosaurs, giving them treats, and then cleaning the coop

worth it, though

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

KidDynamite posted:

carpet over concrete lmao

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I used to have a spine made of steel.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Silver Alicorn posted:

carpet over concrete lmao

oh yeah that doesn't sound great.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

KidDynamite posted:

its so great

that buckwheat hull pillow can however go gently caress itself

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i got a buckwheat pillow on a western style bed

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
scrunch scrunch while i sleep

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i have an enormous pile of floofy things on the bed. way too many pillows. you can just dive in like a bed bath & beyond scrooge mcduck

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

i have an enormous pile of floofy things on the bed. way too many pillows. you can just dive in like a bed bath & beyond scrooge mcduck

same, though it's quickly becoming too much

my wife recently got a big dense body pillow full of like, shredded memory foam, and it gets priority space on the bed at my expense every night.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Shame Boy posted:

same, though it's quickly becoming too much

my wife recently got a big dense body pillow full of like, shredded memory foam, and it gets priority space on the bed at my expense every night.

lol youre wife bought a MyPillow

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
yeah, lol if your wife bought a pillow from the cocaine trmup man

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

also the cat gets his own pillow nobody's allowed to use or move so i'm down to like 30% of the bed surface area

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
a lot of companies sell the industrial scrap pillows and only one of them says its the american patriot's true pillow. the memory foam chunk pillows are fine as long as you dont buy em from crackhead mike

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Roosevelt posted:

lol youre wife bought a MyPillow

nah it was a generic nonsense brand amazon one

i mean i assume it probably came from the same factory but yeah

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Elizabeth Holmes gave birth to her second child and wants to delay her prison sentence

better get back to fuckin', pronto

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

so do rich people just get to report for prison when they feel like it or something

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shame Boy posted:

so do rich people just get to report for prison when they feel like it or something

oh yeah there's a whole subset of lawdogs that specialize in helping you establish a paper orphanage so you can get on work release or w/e

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

oh yeah there's a whole subset of lawdogs that specialize in helping you establish a paper orphanage so you can get on work release or w/e

i more mean why she didn't just get taken right from court to prison and instead was told "well come back in a few months when you're ready to start your prisoning"

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

yeah she's going to find religion and go quiverfull to kite this out for a few more years.

Shame Boy posted:

i more mean why she didn't just get taken right from court to prison and instead was told "well come back in a few months when you're ready to start your prisoning"

there are a decent number of convicted people, not all of whom are (or were) filthy rich white people, who are given a few weeks to get their stuff in order before they have to report to prison.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Midjack posted:

yeah she's going to find religion and go quiverfull to kite this out for a few more years.

there are a decent number of convicted people, not all of whom are (or were) filthy rich white people, who are given a few weeks to get their stuff in order before they have to report to prison.

how many of them buy one-way tickets to mexico

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

that probably should have been an instant pop, yes.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Midjack posted:

that probably should have been an instant pop, yes.

no, she has two young children so she's not a flight risk anymore, you see

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Shame Boy posted:

they'll have to go to an extradite-free country, and to be a bit more clever

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Ghosn#Flight_from_Japan

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

i hear belize is lovely this time of year

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
belize has an extradition treaty. the nicest countries that dont are vietnam, indonesia, taiwan, some euro microstates, emirates and kuwait, but shes high profile enough that they might send a diplomat to ask for her and prolly any of em would give her up. you need active hostility, so prolly more like prc or russia

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Mar 2, 2023

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Roosevelt posted:

i hear belize is lovely this time of year

i visited once when a cruise my family was on stopped there and the local tour guide was very proud of their new traffic light (one of the only ones in the country!) and the opening of their very first fast food joint :unsmith:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you never, ever, ever buy a one way ticket.

you buy round trip and just plan to not make the flight back

this is fleeing billionaire 101 stuff

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

the only other thing i remember was me (age 13) and all the other oblivious white tourists gathering around to watch as one of the lady tour guides demonstrated "a favorite local dance, known as 'twerking'" while we clapped politely

this was like well over a decade before twerking became a household name in the states so i guess that makes me some kinda twerking hipster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Shame Boy posted:

the only other thing i remember was me (age 13) and all the other oblivious white tourists gathering around to watch as one of the lady tour guides demonstrated "a favorite local dance, known as 'twerking'" while we clapped politely

this was like well over a decade before twerking became a household name in the states so i guess that makes me some kinda twerking hipster

did you learn the twerk while you were there?