Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

I was at the With Teeth show where somebody beaned Trent in the head with a Zippo in the middle of Hurt and he just slammed down the keyboard and ragequit the set like, 3 and a half songs early.

Can’t blame him, really. gently caress that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Yeah there’s video of that floating around and it’s fuckin awful. Like c’mon.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

As a guy who has been clocked in the head by a thrown battery at a music festival I can confirm the urge to ragequit whatever you're doing and leave immediately

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Throwing things at the artist is a dick move. The only time I've ever thrown an object at the stage is right after the lights came on at a show because someone near me, who I didn't know, took a swing at a security guard and security's response was to hose down everyone nearby with large cannisters of pepper spray. If I wasn't in high school at the time I probably would have filed a lawsuit over that poo poo.

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?

listen...I'm not saying it's the greatest mashup........but I'm also not saying I wouldn't listen to this+more like it

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah the With Teeth era of shows really had some testy / rear end in a top hat audiences. Like it was really common for people to ruin a set. There’s tons of videos including at festivals in Europe, where people just wanted to be THAT guy during Hurt or something.

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR
Hurt is unfortunately an easy option for the crowd to mess things up.

I was at this Melbourne show when someone yelled out and Trent ragequit there too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQkbrm1v5Ng&t=62s

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
Been on a Bowie kick recently and I'm reading this biography ("Hallo Spaceboy" by Dave Thompson).

About the I'm Afraid of Americans remix single/ep.

This quote lol

He also refers to the band as "the Nails" more than once

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

TOOT BOOT posted:

Throwing things at the artist is a dick move. The only time I've ever thrown an object at the stage is right after the lights came on at a show because someone near me, who I didn't know, took a swing at a security guard and security's response was to hose down everyone nearby with large cannisters of pepper spray. If I wasn't in high school at the time I probably would have filed a lawsuit over that poo poo.

I saw one of Panic! at the Discos first UK festival appearances and the crowd hated them up until the point someone beaned the lead singer with a bottle and he came back to keep playing at which point they got applause.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
NIN didn't do an encore set at the show I saw in '95 for the Further Down the Spiral tour because someone threw a shoe onstage that hit Chris Vrenna. I think it was during their last song of the regular set, but they didn't come back after that.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

MIDWIFE CRISIS posted:

Been on a Bowie kick recently and I'm reading this biography ("Hallo Spaceboy" by Dave Thompson).

It's a shame they didn't really record anything together. They basically did everything but.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Yeah the With Teeth era of shows really had some testy / rear end in a top hat audiences. Like it was really common for people to ruin a set. There’s tons of videos including at festivals in Europe, where people just wanted to be THAT guy during Hurt or something.

Concerts that entire Summer had horrible audiences. gotta remember this was right after live nation split off from clear channel, while the 2008 elections were starting to heat up and the beginning of the recession. livenation was trying to earn some goodwill after years of fee increases so that summer they did $20 all-in lawn seats with no fees for most of their shows at outdoor venues. it ended up being cheaper to just go to a show whether you liked the band or not than to go to the movies for the night, and you could tailgate all day beforehand. i even saw a bunch of really terrible concerts because i could afford to and had nothing else to do. a lot of people just got drunk and really aggressive

that entire era, like late 90s to 2010 is really interesting in terms of live music, i wonder if there's any kind of writing or anything like that out there. the death of touring one-day festivals, etc

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

Bonk posted:

NIN didn't do an encore set at the show I saw in '95 for the Further Down the Spiral tour because someone threw a shoe onstage that hit Chris Vrenna. I think it was during their last song of the regular set, but they didn't come back after that.

Trent: "How dare you throw poo poo at Vrenna's head!? That's MY job!"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Nine inch nails Music is in new video game from people who did Evil Within

https://twitter.com/FlameDragoon2/status/1618413147274252289?s=20&t=jujdIAgerR4VbMdjHjajJA

https://twitter.com/2plus2isjoe/status/1618351668797800448?s=20&t=jujdIAgerR4VbMdjHjajJA

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

good song choice too, drat. i know i have to be in a certain mood for the back half of that album but 1000000 is a fantastic opener

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I haven't played that game (watching it get unveiled at the Xbox/Bethesda developer showcase thing earlier didn't exactly interest me in it), but that's pretty cool! I love that song.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

I am abysmal at rhythm games but I will check this out if it shows up on game pass.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

hatelull posted:

I am abysmal at rhythm games but I will check this out if it shows up on game pass.

Yup it’s on game pass

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

hatelull posted:

The developer is part of Bethesda/ZeniMax, which is owned by Microsoft who will pretty much put all their games on Game Pass on day one. It's already on there.

I think the announcement described it as an action game where timing with the beat means you do more damage, but it's not necessary to survive.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
https://youtu.be/sY_8pVrnWqE

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The Slip loving rules

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Pretty sure that was the first NIN album I listened to, saw a thread on the forums about it being free, and then started listening to the rest of their repertoire

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

not NIN but Ilan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KS2XJyLPyg

dude sounds like a young trent

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

That game Hi-Fu Rush has a "streamer mode" that doesn't use the licensed songs for content creators, but you can find people who have played without it enabled.

So this is the boss fight that uses 1,000,000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjmBElaxJ6o

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

From an email I just got from NIN:

Hell yeah, another score.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Those movies are ok I guess

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Photex posted:

Those movies are ok I guess
The Social Network is incredible. I rewatched Dragon Tattoo recently and it didn't hold up. I've only seen Gone Girl and Mank once each.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I'm noticing that the Mank score is finally on YouTube Music now, so I'll definitely get around to listening to that. (I'm not sure how long it's been up, I just remember I couldn't find it when it first came out.)

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZKzqTYBr2Y

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It's pretty dope that these are Wayne Static's vocals found after his death, but I'm not into this version at all. It sounds like if Rob Zombie were to cover Terrible Lie, who Static X just toured with coincidentally. The style is too much for the song IMO.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Rageaholic posted:

It's pretty dope that these are Wayne Static's vocals found after his death, but I'm not into this version at all. It sounds like if Rob Zombie were to cover Terrible Lie, who Static X just toured with coincidentally. The style is too much for the song IMO.

I always get Wayne Static and Spider One mixed up. In my head Wayne was Rob's brother.
Agree that it is not a good song, but I'm happy it exists.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah, I think the cover of Ministry's "Burning Inside" from back in the day was a better fit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-jkrUvrDCM

(and for those curious what else was on that soundtrack album)

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Man the Crow soundtracks are the definition of diminishing returns (just like the movies).

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I saw City Of Angels in the theater and some goth lady was literally weeping.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I don't know if that is a positive sign, a negative one or another day in that lady's life.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
I think Salvation was the only one I saw in theatres and.... I guess it is a movie with a crow in it. Oh yea, and it had Kirsten Dunst in it too.

Madkal fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 28, 2023

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Stabbing Westward's 2020 cover of The Cure's "Burn" is pretty dope

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I thought City of Angels was actually a fun sequel. Obviously nowhere near as good as the original but it was 90s as hell and had Iggy Pop. I think Deftones actually performed in the film too? Good stuff.

On a NIN-related note I recently heard the version of The New flesh from one of the Fragile re-releases which Trent added vocals to and you can tell they're new and not found since he sounds a lot older and it's so weird hearing that as a non-instrumental now but it totally works and really fits. Not so fond of the way he changed 10 Miles High, though. Makes me wonder how some of those tracks from Deviations would have turned out if he had added vocals to them as well. 'Was It Worth It?" is my favorite out of that material and I'd have loved to hear that with vocals.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

You've ruined the act, GOB.

SUNKOS posted:

On a NIN-related note I recently heard the version of The New flesh from one of the Fragile re-releases which Trent added vocals to and you can tell they're new and not found since he sounds a lot older and it's so weird hearing that as a non-instrumental now but it totally works and really fits. Not so fond of the way he changed 10 Miles High, though. Makes me wonder how some of those tracks from Deviations would have turned out if he had added vocals to them as well. 'Was It Worth It?" is my favorite out of that material and I'd have loved to hear that with vocals.

The New Flesh was released initially with vocals back when The Fragile came out. Things Falling Apart’s version of 10 Miles High did differ from The Fragile and the WITT single, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
My assumption is that with some of those songs, he never came up with finished vocals, maybe just a scratch track lying around somewhere. After all, wasn't it lyrical writer's block that inspired him to do so many instrumentals in the first place?