Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

belize is beautiful and has great scuba diving

but it’s corrupt as hell and full of the worst boomer american/canadian retirees imaginable living the touristy parts as well as a mecca for general fuckups and rejects that need an english speaking country to flee to because they can’t handle mexico

there’s a reason why john mcafee was there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Sounds like Bali, replace Americans with white Australians

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

bob dobbs is dead posted:

belize has an extradition treaty. the nicest countries that dont are vietnam, indonesia, taiwan, some euro microstates, emirates and kuwait, but shes high profile enough that they might send a diplomat to ask for her and prolly any of em would give her up. you need active hostility, so prolly more like prc or russia

out of all of these, indonesia always seemed to me to be the best option. but realistically, if you're a rich white lady, you're going to go to bali or somewhere on java where it's way too easy for non-corrupt authorities to get you, in a high profile case. there's zero chance holmes would survive life somewhere in the jungles of borneo or sumatra where a small bribe makes the local cops forget they've even ever seen a white person

same with uae and kuwait. dubai and abu dhabi are the only places she'd be caught dead, and it's not like she could blend in in one of the lower tier emirates because she'll absolutely refuse to wear an abaya

the best option would be the serb majority part of kosovo, where kosovar authorities aren't really in control. but if you're willing to do that, you might as well sell your soul to putin and live in luxury in st petersburg

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

EricBauman posted:

out of all of these, indonesia always seemed to me to be the best option. but realistically, if you're a rich white lady, you're going to go to bali or somewhere on java where it's way too easy for non-corrupt authorities to get you, in a high profile case. there's zero chance holmes would survive life somewhere in the jungles of borneo or sumatra where a small bribe makes the local cops forget they've even ever seen a white person

same with uae and kuwait. dubai and abu dhabi are the only places she'd be caught dead, and it's not like she could blend in in one of the lower tier emirates because she'll absolutely refuse to wear an abaya

the best option would be the serb majority part of kosovo, where kosovar authorities aren't really in control. but if you're willing to do that, you might as well sell your soul to putin and live in luxury in st petersburg

indonesia? the place that will arrest foreigners for having premarital sex?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
it's okay as long as i'm married though, right?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

yah if its with your heterosexual spouse

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i know an indonesian trans girl friend of a friend who's doing pretty alright in spite of, y'know, stuff, so that's something at least

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
remember a few years back when amazon had that open contest for cities to bid to become their second headquarters, and every city in the us made a beeline for jeff bezoss boots and began licking them? and then amazon picked virginia for hq2?

well...

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1631678615283720200

weirdly there is no mention of amazon "pausing" all of the tax abatements and subsidies it was granted in exchange for locating hq2 in virginia

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
iirc arlington didnt give poo poo except upon receipt of tax revenue so they made a deec decision

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

bob dobbs is dead posted:

iirc arlington didnt give poo poo except upon receipt of tax revenue so they made a deec decision

state of virginia absolutely gave them a sloppy handjob even if arlington didn't.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I'm sure it's fine
https://twitter.com/jeffladish/status/1631825649068572673

mystes
May 31, 2006

I hadn't even thought of that but I guess it has the potential to be pretty obnoxious.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
i hadn't considered it but chatgpt must be a boon to scammers/phishers

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

there's other models available though, including metas 175B opt model, so this is not the event that makes that happen

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."
of all the takes i've read on LLM ethics, "they're dangerous outside the hands of responsible corporations like facebook" is a pretty weird one

mystes
May 31, 2006

Internet Janitor posted:

of all the takes i've read on LLM ethics, "they're dangerous outside the hands of responsible corporations like facebook" is a pretty weird one
I mean I guess like nuclear weapons the people who have them are bad but it's still bad for more other people to get them

Also, if only a few companies have them and they're ridiculously expensive to train, theoretically it would be possible to regulate them out of existence, but once everyone on the internet has them that's totally impossible

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I'm sure it's fine
https://twitter.com/inerati/status/1631711164433408018

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i mean, i have an official cloudflare link for the weights if you want them, there's a public form you put your email address into if you want them. not entirely sure why they bothered since they just put their last model on huggingface.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
didn't they say llama would be open anyway

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
apropos i was just given access to "the new bing" lol

mystes
May 31, 2006

Why would you name an ML model site after facehuggers?

Beeftweeter posted:

apropos i was just given access to "the new bing" lol
I got it a day or two ago :smug:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

mystes posted:

Why would you name an ML model site after facehuggers?

I got it a day or two ago :smug:

i can't even use it i guess? the "CHAT" tab is gone for me, even using edge on ios

mystes
May 31, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

i can't even use it i guess? the "CHAT" tab is gone for me, even using edge on ios
It showed me that I got into it on my phone but I just tried to use it on my desktop and bing keeps showing me as not logged in even when I log in so I give up and don't care enough to try from another browser or something I guess

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

mystes posted:

I hadn't even thought of that but I guess it has the potential to be pretty obnoxious.

meanwhile i'm getting this kind of spam on one of my websites, which is far lower effort but much funnier imo

quote:

Forget ChatGPT - NEW A.I app changes content creation FOREVER(again)..

Is it REALLY possible or are these guys just hyping things up?

That’s the VERY first thing I thought when I checked out this new, A.I app today..

Is it REALLY possible for an Artificially Intelligent Machine to write QUALITY, Engaging Content for my sites in under 90 seconds?

And is it REALLY possible for me to NOT be able to tell whether this content was created by a machine or by a human?

ANNND is it REALLY possible for me to FINALLY never have to write content EVER again?

I just had to see if for myself to believe it.

And I gotta tell you..

I was BLOWN away!

I was able to actually SEE this A.I app write a PERFECTLY readable article in one of the HOTTEST niches out there in under 60 seconds!

I saw it with my OWN eyes!

Once you have the power to create a LIMITELESS amount of QUALITY engaging content in ALL the hottest and most profitable niches, you truly have the power to do ANYTHING online.

And TODAY, you have that chance!

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
can we get elizabeth holmes to flee to russia and start a podcast with edward snowden

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

can we get elizabeth holmes to flee to russia

lmao she would never

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

like if she's terrified of going to an american white collar prison i think russia is safely out of the question

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

open-sourcing something was a terrible idea, you say? :thinking:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

4chan is very excited that they might finally be getting their imaginary girlfriends back, which is incredibly funny

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Internet Janitor posted:

aerobic streamer
amidst the coups
zuck's mods
take blood libel
and call it news
burma shave

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Shame Boy posted:

one weird trick to save money on laundry, keep your thermostat set real high so you don't need sheets at all

when my ex and i had newborns she didn’t want to risk them suffocating in blankets at night so we did this. i got used to sleeping without anything at all on the bed and when i went back to use sheets and blankets, I couldn’t stand it

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

tangentially related to tech bubble, there are too many funko pops so they’re skipping the collector step and putting them directly in the landfill:

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1632441427698253832?s=20

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

quote:

The inventory has filled the company's warehouses to the brim, forcing Funko to rent storage containers to hold the excess product. And now, the product is worth less than it costs to keep on hand.

storage wars but every unit is stacked floor to ceiling with funkos

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."

sounds like they aren't worth 30 million dollars, then

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
capitalism is so efficient

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Improbable Lobster posted:

capitalism is so efficient

the invisible hand of the market works in mysterious, unknowable ways

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

quote:

Since the COVID-19 pandemic began in 2020, the "kidult" market — toys aimed at ages 12 and up — has seen immense growth.

lol

these fuckers just dumping a bunch of plastic in the ocean instead of giving them away to kidults. i suppose that would further saturate the market and hurt the value of kidult collectibles though

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Internet Janitor posted:

sounds like they aren't worth 30 million dollars, then
that was my first thought as well lol

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Roosevelt posted:

lol

these fuckers just dumping a bunch of plastic in the ocean instead of giving them away to kidults. i suppose that would further saturate the market and hurt the value of kidult collectibles though

nobody wants them, they’re useless as toys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
giving them away would just be putting them in a landfill with extra steps