Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i just realized this being set in Three Kingdoms-era China means Lü Bu's gonna show up

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

i just realized this being set in Three Kingdoms-era China means Lü Bu's gonna show up

pretty sure I saw a review with a clip that showed exactly that

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

yyyeeeeeeessssss

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

decided to give wo long a try. spent an hour trying to kill the first boss, did it, found out there is a phase two, died for another hour, have not beaten the first boss

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

idk if I'm going to play again or not

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

ima pursue him

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

ima pursue the hell outta him

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

quiggy posted:

decided to give wo long a try. spent an hour trying to kill the first boss, did it, found out there is a phase two, died for another hour, have not beaten the first boss
if it's any help you only gotta get phase 2 to half hp to get a win by cutscene

also i'm told he's just a weirdass difficulty spike compared to later levels - i only have the boss from the second stage to go by but I thought that one was much easier

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
they call it wo long because when you beat the boss you say "wo, that was long"

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

ok fine, i can accept that joke

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

splatoon big run time hell yeah

oh no blimp issue fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Mar 4, 2023

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

the only player worse than one who doesn't put eggs in the basket is one who doesn't shoot adds, shoot the goddamn adds

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

phase two would be a lot less annoying if I didn't have to redo phase one each time

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Ciaphas posted:

if it's any help you only gotta get phase 2 to half hp to get a win by cutscene

also i'm told he's just a weirdass difficulty spike compared to later levels - i only have the boss from the second stage to go by but I thought that one was much easier

A couple reviews were specifically calling this out as well, like the next half dozen or more bosses are significantly easier (apparently)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

yeah. it doubly helps that stage 2 gives you a (dismissable) surprisingly competent npc buddy, too and stage 3 gives you two, but even without them the bosses get easier

just about to do the stage 3 boss

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

also recently learned that i can just hold block as i go for deflects so if I whiff the timing i just eat spirit damage instead of health. big help, that

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
fack. went to install Dishonored 2, it needs 42GB and I only have like 30 free. went to clean up some old stuff and accidentally deleted the things I was zipping lol. nothing important at least.

never thought I'd be playing any modern-ish Windows games so I only made this partition like 120GB. gonna have to figure that one out now.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

imo just go to your friendly local microcenter and buy an inland ssd. right now it's like $10 for a 256 gb or $20 for a 512.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Elder Postsman posted:

imo just go to your friendly local microcenter and buy an inland ssd. right now it's like $10 for a 256 gb or $20 for a 512.

dude i wish, they took away my fry's too

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

dude i wish, they took away my fry's too

starting to sound like you're being personally targeted by big hardware

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

bugs aside, i think wartales is definitely worth getting. i've sunk about 80 hours into it so far

the only thing i'm not too keen on is level requirements for equipment, but i understand why it exists since everything scales towards your party

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

i keep trying to play wo long and it crashes if i have a controller plugged in, less than ideal

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

sounds like you shouldn't play games on computers

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol MATN just put a play of the first 45mins of SONS OF THE FOREST - I'm not usually into survival/horror stuff but thought I'd give it a watch; the cannibal freaks on the island scream REALLY LOUD out of nowhere, I just about poo poo watching the video with my headphones on :o:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ljli0u4i1o&t=677s
^^Timestamped

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

i tried playing the forest because the setting seemed neat but the first time the cannibals showed up i freaked out and quit and haven't gone back to it

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
The Forest was good but once you got over the fear of the cannibals and caves it kinda lost its charm. Definitely worth a play through.

Sons looks really good but i think I'll wait till out of early access.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

i played a couple hours of sons of the forest with a friend and didn't care for it. not a huge survival game fan so that was mostly it, but I hated the combat especially. loving morrowind had more visceral combat than this game

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
i tried playing the super metroid/link to the past mixup but the emulators i tried all ran slowly on my machine

i am too dumb to figure out why something ancient like snes9x or bsnes or retroarch or w/e lags on a modern computer for me

watching samus float around at 15fps or something is a drag

e: a p2 300mhz used to be able to run jrpgs just fine and now an i7 2ghz will not i must be missing something

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

e: a p2 300mhz used to be able to run jrpgs just fine and now an i7 2ghz will not i must be missing something

Modern emulators have increased the fidelity of the emulation. Weird edge cases work perfectly now but the system requirements are higher.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol MATN just put a play of the first 45mins of SONS OF THE FOREST - I'm not usually into survival/horror stuff but thought I'd give it a watch; the cannibal freaks on the island scream REALLY LOUD out of nowhere, I just about poo poo watching the video with my headphones on :o:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ljli0u4i1o&t=677s
^^Timestamped

i think i would enjoy this game if it had more in-depth survival mechanics and no horror

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

castaway: the game. does that exist? don’t give me that ark: survival evolved bullshit

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Castaway sucks

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

castaway: the game. does that exist? don’t give me that ark: survival evolved bullshit

http://www.unrealworld.fi/ for a low fi roguelike version

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

He doesn't even get to the dang island for half the movie and it's a big FedEx ad. I wish it had cannibals on the island it would improve it greatly

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i don’t care about movie reviews with pokejoe i just want a good island wandering and primitive base building game

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

When I was a young poster I remember reading about "Survival Kids" in a nintedo power. I spent ages looking for a copy and finally found one. And it kicked rear end. Play that in an emulator

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

PokeJoe posted:

Castaway sucks
i have still never seen it and probably never will

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

i have defeated the first boss in wo long. I then died a few times to the second one, but I suspect I missed some flags in the level beforehand. game pretty good but not great yet

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

quiggy posted:

i have defeated the first boss in wo long. I then died a few times to the second one, but I suspect I missed some flags in the level beforehand. game pretty good but not great yet

i beat the first boss yesterday and then my game crashed so im scared to go back just in case i have to do it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

i don’t care about movie reviews with pokejoe i just want a good island wandering and primitive base building game

there's stranded deep, which is apparently crap, and Raft, which is about a raft but i think there are islands too