Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Oldmandoingshit/status/1601548805002129408?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

solid half lindy

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Kenny Logins posted:

consider: it may have only stopped in time to avoid a direct collision because of its unsecured uhhhhh non-newtonian fluid load

it looks like ready-mix lol

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/greg_sideyr/status/1631723184390012928?s=46&t=NaX7Y4ZZLbQm26Md2b_9Zw

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
bluey doesn't break you but it's there when you do

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

https://twitter.com/sweetroad5/status/1626878082694131712

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/mikepqr/status/1631739144094507008

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

reply with your consulting rate

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/krazii_geniius/status/1631804301839577088?t=HSgursiqZO3X5SyePexoiQ&s=19

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

New ringtone just dropped.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I wanna try and toss a marble in it :)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

dodo's buckets

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
thats a cassowary right?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Yeah

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

arent those things like really dangerous

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

rotor posted:

they seem to have come by it honestly

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
I would mark that as resolved so fast but I guess that could technically be wire fraud or something even though they sent it to a non employee

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

i assume resolve will reopen if the problem reoccurs but ack will silence for a while, but the fun move is to report the sender for spam

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Corla Plankun posted:

I would mark that as resolved so fast but I guess that could technically be wire fraud or something even though they sent it to a non employee

good luck proving anything. "i got a weird text i didn't understand and my kid sent a random reply lmao".

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

me the first three weeks of january

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

rotor posted:

why have i never made this connection before

Forgotten secrets.

Davethulhu posted:

Zuckerberg looks like H.P. Lovecraft

2021!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

rotor posted:

yeah

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i dont think that guy should be filming, i think that guy should be getting the gently caress outta there

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

they're mostly afraid of people I think but they're not to be trifled with

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

idk im not a birdologist

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

If you get near a cassowary's nest they'll gently caress you up, and their nests are very hard to see.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Cassowaries are one of the closet relatives to dinosaurs alive today.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
i don't know who told her this but any time the topic of cassowaries comes up my 5yo will say "they can slice open your belly and make all your guts fall out onto the ground" in the exact same way that I drop any of the two and a half sports facts i know if a conversation happens to get near enough to them

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

She's right

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Corla Plankun posted:

i don't know who told her this but any time the topic of cassowaries comes up my 5yo will say "they can slice open your belly and make all your guts fall out onto the ground" in the exact same way that I drop any of the two and a half sports facts i know if a conversation happens to get near enough to them

*nods alan grantishly*

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

PokeJoe posted:

idk im not a birdologist

you know who is? james bond

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds

rotor posted:

no not really

they only eat rainforest fruit in the wild

injuries and deaths have only occurred because of people feeding or attempting to keep a native animal in captivity. they have big heavy bones and large claws to scratch at the forest floor and leaf matter.

they are kind of cool in that they live more or less solitary then meet up to mate and then the male raises the young after they hatch and the female disappears back into the trees

the guy in texas who died sounds like he fell over while near the animal and found retribution for his poor life choices

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I have 3 parrots (two conures and a caique) and two of them would definitely take off a finger or two if they were any larger. I do not gently caress with larger birds at all.

this cutie can be dangerous!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Another Bill posted:

Cassowaries are one of the closet relatives to dinosaurs alive today.

All birds are dinosaurs.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

All birds are dinosaurs.

cassowaries know it, though.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

cool biRd pics posted:

no not really

injuries and deaths have only occurred because of people feeding or attempting to keep a native animal in captivity. they have big heavy bones and large claws to scratch at the forest floor and leaf matter.

they are kind of cool in that they live more or less solitary then meet up to mate and then the male raises the young after they hatch and the female disappears back into the trees

the guy in texas who died sounds like he fell over while near the animal and found retribution for his poor life choices

they’re territorial and can kill people with that devil claw quite easily. and dumbasses feeding them doesn’t just risk the people doing the feeding but other humans more generally as they become accustomed to taking food from them. they’re dangerous

OldAlias fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Mar 5, 2023

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

cool biRd pics posted:

no not really

check out the bird apologist here

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

I typically will consider an animals capacity for violence when thinking if it’s dangerous or not. it’s obvious that many dangerous animals become less dangerous when you keep distance and treat them with respect

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
whatever just dont gently caress with them and they wont gently caress with you its easy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
What's the difference between an etymologist and an entomologist?

https://twitter.com/Chinchillazllla/status/1632419893252325377?s=20

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure the etymologist does.