Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
that’s like $20 US

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

bob dobbs is dead posted:

54 cad is not surprisingly cheap, christ

plus $30 shipping. lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

FrozenVent posted:

you can get it on eBay surprisingly cheap

lmao @ the guy (and come on, that is almost certainly a guy) that bought 7 of them

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

wait wait if 54 CAD/40USD is "surprisingly cheap" how much do these stupid things normally sell for?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Elder Postsman posted:

wait wait if 54 CAD/40USD is "surprisingly cheap" how much do these stupid things normally sell for?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

lmao i had no idea how much they go for either

that's a lot of inventory i guess, goddamn

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

imagine being a person who spent five figures on a funko pop.

i know they make them look like that so they can churn out every character under the sun with minimal variation, and that if they looked at all right they wouldn't be able to scale their operation. but still they're so ugly that it offends me

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Achmed Jones posted:

I’m trying but which FAANG do they work at?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

probably facebook

mystes
May 31, 2006

Is there a Mark Zuckerberg funko pop?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

mystes posted:

more like....FUCKO POP!!!!!!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

hobbesmaster posted:

I’m trying but which FAANG do they work at?

i'd guess netflix. they love licensing IP (not freely)

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Achmed Jones posted:

i know they make them look like that so they can churn out every character under the sun with minimal variation, and that if they looked at all right they wouldn't be able to scale their operation. but still they're so ugly that it offends me

agreed, the soulless bug-eyes somehow manage to look smug, and the “goofy caricature” style is desperately played out, but the company made $1 billion dollars in 2021 so obviously i’m a loving idiot who has no taste

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

mystes posted:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

i think people must've bought them hoping to ride a speculative bubble, then found out everyone they were going to fleece had the same idea, so they couldn't sell them

i hope, anyway. nobody actually likes those things, right? right??

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

oh my god lmao

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

taller than the real thing

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Beeftweeter posted:

taller than the real thing
more expressive too

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

https://openart.ai/discovery/sd-1006727252953808946

(not my work)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

this was the first gis thing that came up for me

lmfao

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jabor posted:

true crime enthusiasts are in fact total weirdos

:mad:

i mean, it's true, but my lineage just buys more and more books instead of bobbles

sometimes those books become valuable, sometimes they go forgotten. either way we rarely check, because a speculative hobby is no fun

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

everything on that site is so loving weird

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Beeftweeter posted:

everything on that site is so loving weird

it's funny that a bunch of the other images have liefeld hands and feet

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

pffft hahahaha

Only registered members can see post attachments!

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

bob dobbs is dead posted:

54 cad is not surprisingly cheap, christ

just imagine how much it will appreciate in value! it’s really an investment

mystes
May 31, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

i think people must've bought them hoping to ride a speculative bubble, then found out everyone they were going to fleece had the same idea, so they couldn't sell them

i hope, anyway. nobody actually likes those things, right? right??
Looking at r/funkopop, it looks like virtually everyone (like 95-99%) keeps them in the boxes which I think is a pretty clear sign that they are hoping to eventually make money off of them, although they also seem to like displaying their collections in fancy ways so they're getting some enjoyment out of collecting them I guess

There seem to be a very small number of people who actually take them out of the boxes which seems to indicate that they actually enjoy them as toys

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

mystes posted:

Looking at r/funkopop, it looks like virtually everyone (like 95-99%) keeps them in the boxes which I think is a pretty clear sign that they are hoping to eventually make money off of them, although they also seem to like displaying their collections in fancy ways so they're getting some enjoyment out of collecting them I guess

There seem to be a very small number of people who actually take them out of the boxes which seems to indicate that they actually enjoy them as toys

i mean, i guess i could see literal children enjoying playing with them. i'm having a hard time believing adults think they're cool

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I would like to think that literal children would prefer a doll that didn't have such a hosed up giant head, like one of Mattel's many offerings.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I do not believe that anyone could enjoy a funko pop

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/JoeLongBalls/status/1515777135247507467?s=20

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

literal children will play with anything. that's their whole _thing_. little jones and i spent a solid hour in the park picking up branches that variously became swords, shields, flying trees, wands, wings, monsters, and i'm sure i'm forgetting things.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yeah the difference there is the gundams didn't look like that fresh out of the box

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
presented without comment

https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Unicorn-Gundam-Banshee-Action/dp/B010NCGUFI

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Tau-Manta

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

mystes posted:

the fuckers can stand up but even the slightest vibration causes them to fall over so aside from taping them down keeping them in the boxes is the best way to display them

just everything about them is so awful.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

quote:

about this item:

* 100% Toy
lol hell yes

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you can get a real working 155mm unguided howitzer shell for 1800 usd in peaceful times (viz., not now, shits like 5 grand rn)

i guess thats some comment

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

those are overpriced as all hell but at least cooler than the funko pops

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

at least it’s a hobby that goes way beyond “buy toy, place on shelf, repeat”

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
hey guys, get this: Flunko Plops

eh? eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually