Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

post hole digger posted:

doctor's best brand magnesium uses magnesium glycinate lysinate chelate and i have found that it does not make me need to poop.

this is what I am talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qfFZfzPAOg

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I wanted to stay up tonight but fell asleep at 6 again, now I’m back up

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
fuckimg tired

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I’ve been having trouble sleeping lately and it’s starting to take its toll

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

need to start taking melatonin again or something

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Silver Alicorn posted:

I’ve been having trouble sleeping lately and it’s starting to take its toll

I’ve been sleeping like poo poo this past week. I wonder if it had anything to do with full moon or is that a wives tale. it was certainly bright af in the bathroom two nights ago

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
p sure ive been tired since jr high

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Hed posted:

I’ve been sleeping like poo poo this past week. I wonder if it had anything to do with full moon or is that a wives tale. it was certainly bright af in the bathroom two nights ago

for starters I recommend not sleeping in the bathroom

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i had a poor sleep. thinking about cross posting in the coffee thread

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I got about 4.5 hours sleep so I'm going to be tired to day

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i'm really tired, slept poorly.. at least it's raining

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

same but slept 8 hours :thumbsup:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

yeah i got eight hours! just bad ones!

probably closer to seven though

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

not even 8am and I’m yawning incessantly

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
i got like 4 hours of very lovely sleep. then i had to take benadryl for allergies

it's 11 am and i'm very tired

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

benadryl is bad news for me. hangover from hell the next day. id rather be tired.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

President Beep posted:

benadryl is bad news for me. hangover from hell the next day. id rather be tired.

yeah it does make me feel super weird, but it's honestly the most effective way to short-circuit allergies i think (that does not make it good though)

problem is that i become even more useless than normal when on it, and not even a high dose. shaky hands, very cloudy thinking, incredibly shortened attention span, poo poo like that. i really wish there were a better alternative

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

I’m tired all the time lol. I regularly fall asleep sitting up and in the weirdest positions and places. it’s possible for me to fall asleep standing too. it’s been a while since Ive fallen asleep in a public place or a party at least. my meds prolly play a big part in giving me ‘sleepy’ as a character trait

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Beeftweeter posted:

yeah it does make me feel super weird, but it's honestly the most effective way to short-circuit allergies i think (that does not make it good though)

problem is that i become even more useless than normal when on it, and not even a high dose. shaky hands, very cloudy thinking, incredibly shortened attention span, poo poo like that. i really wish there were a better alternative

there’s many better alternatives in the form of other antihistamines. hydroxyzine fucks with me much less than benedryl does. I’d rly love to try cyclizine some day but that’s more for junky reasons owing to its synergy with methadone. promethazine is pretty cool but you’ll def still have those side effects lol, but ppl respond differently to different drugs so it might be less bad. doxylamine is another you could try

for allergies one of my prescriptions is for beclomethasane which helps me a lot and doesn’t gently caress with me in the way antihistamines do

OldAlias fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Mar 10, 2023

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Have you talked to a doctor about narcolepsy? They've got really good meds for it these days.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I’m staving off the drowsiness with a sugar free red bull

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

OldAlias posted:

there’s many better alternatives in the form of other antihistamines. hydroxyzine fucks with me much less than benedryl does. I’d rly love to try cyclizine some day but that’s more for junky reasons owing to its synergy with methadone. promethazine is pretty cool but you’ll def still have those side effects lol, but ppl respond differently to different drugs so it might be less bad. doxylamine is another you could try

for allergies one of my prescriptions is for beclomethasane which helps me a lot and doesn’t gently caress with me in the way antihistamines do

yeah i mean cetirizine or levocetirizine works pretty well for me, the problem is that it's slow, and i randomly get very allergic to my dog. sometimes it's the difference between being able to breathe normally and having a hard enough time that i start sweating bullets just trying to

diphenhydramine works within about 25 minutes for me vs. maybe an hour at the earliest for the other two. it loving sucks, but it works

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

ask your doctor if narcolepsy is right for you

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
how about necrolepsy

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

just got off a 2 hour support call and im exhausted

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Can't tell if I'm tired, or just really in need of a big rear end burg or something. Probably both.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
hello again thread; I am tired once more

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

don't forget to wake up an hour earlier tomorrow.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
reminder that magnesium is an essential ingredient to sleep

it doesn’t make you sleepy but you can’t sleep well without magnesium. it’s always the first thing to address if you’re not sleeping well

some will act like a laxative - don’t get that one

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

echinopsis posted:

lol glad to see we finally agree on this

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

echinopsis posted:

what if I can't sleep because I'm constipated?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

akadajet posted:

what if I can't sleep because I'm constipated?

eat a bunch of magnesium, you'll poop in your sleep

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Beeftweeter posted:

eat a bunch of magnesium, you'll poop in your sleep

Big League Chew, Old-Timer Flavor

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

OldAlias posted:

I’m tired all the time lol. I regularly fall asleep sitting up and in the weirdest positions and places. it’s possible for me to fall asleep standing too. it’s been a while since Ive fallen asleep in a public place or a party at least. my meds prolly play a big part in giving me ‘sleepy’ as a character trait

same but i'm not really tired all the time and i'm not on any meds

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

got more sleep than I have in a while but I am still tired.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i slept early and woke up late and i am still really tired

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
i went to bed late, slept like poo poo and woke up early. i hate it

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

dioxazine posted: