Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Ah yes, I'm sure it was your "thoughtful, good-natured" sense of humor that got called offensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
surely for someone to be offended at leunig's sense of humour he would have to have told a joke at some point

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Lisa Benson

Jeff Stahler

Matt Davies

Pedro X. Molina

Ann Telnaes

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

John Branch

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Randall Enos - Rolling Back Child Labor Protections

Dave Whamond

Bill Bramhall

Dave Granlund

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Destrutive

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Lee Judge is starting to become one of my most hated cartoonist. Dude's had a run of real lovely cartoons lately, and the terrible art just makes it even worse.

The American health care system is abusive to the elderly and the nation. AGC.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
luckily ive managed to mentally replace everything leunig i see with this art made by Chicken Parmigiana from the last thread

Chicken Parmigiana, but I cant figure out how to quote from closed threads posted:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Kellies nomination: Most easily reinterpreted

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Kellies Nomination: Worst Caricature

I'm sorry, but that just doesn't look like Tucker Son of Carl to me.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Oh, right, nominations.

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

Kelles Nomination: Worst "A Thing Happened"

Kellies Nomination: Ugliest Cartoon

What is this mess of scribbles. If you want to do a six-panel comic then add in the panels. This is just sloppy.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

idonotlikepeas posted:

Pedro X. Molina

The word order here implies that it's about men who are armed with Mexicans/Americans.

Good cartoon though.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

Lee Judge is starting to become one of my most hated cartoonist. Dude's had a run of real lovely cartoons lately, and the terrible art just makes it even worse.

Definitely in the running for worst art. What a mess.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Because they don't like to be called hate groups so they attack the SPLC who calls them hate groups.
"An actual answer" as opposed to this Pavlovian drool excretion.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Xander77 posted:

That is the actual reason. SPLC has been unabashed and prompt when it comes to labeling both hate groups and baring their dogwhistles even as they're fresh and when you have a respectable organization saying "yeah these guys are white supremacists" it ruins the smokescreen. The solution is to present the organization as not respectable.
Plus it aligns with sides they dislike which in itself is reason to be demonized, just look at how they turned on way less divisive organizations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

You protest when footage is withheld and doctored, yet also you protest when footage is withheld and doctored. Hypocrite, much? :smug:

Xander77 posted:

That is the actual answer, just look at the loving comic.

The SPLC accurately identifies hate groups and their links to Republicans (in this case, Moms for Liberty and whoever else is working to enforce DeSantis' book bans and the general war on trans people and education), while not classifying conservative boogiemen like Antifa and BLM as hate groups, also accurately.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Xander77 posted:

It seems like the right wing has had a bit of an issue with the Southern Poverty Law Center over the past few years. Does anyone have an actual answer as to why?

The reason for this immediate spate of coverage is that Thomas Jurgens, an SPLC attorney, was one of the people arrested during the black bloc protests at the Georgia law enforcement training site a couple days ago. It's getting coverage as if he were an overt part of the black bloc group, though that seems...unlikely.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/atlanta-insurrectionists-and-the-southern-poverty-law-center-antifa-henchman
https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/03/07/southern-poverty-law-center-has-long-history-carrying-water-antifa/
https://nypost.com/2023/03/06/antifa-should-be-labeled-what-it-is-a-hate-group/

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

These are all from yesterday.

China Daily

Evidence speaks for itself by Cai Meng

Le Monde

by Emanuele Del Rosso

Charlie Hebdo

France moves one step closer towards the UK.
Retirement at 66; Retirement at 64; Retirement at 62

As mentioned the other day groceries stores are selling specifically cheaper baskets of food, after being asked by the government, to make up for inflation. The translations are roughly left to right following the rows, with the pigeons coming right after the rats.
Charlie Consume: Anti-Inflation Basket
Cumream: Cum 2%; Energy Drink with Mountain Aromas; Free-Range Parisian Rat Rillettes; The Pigeon Coop: Pigeon Dropping Cheese molded with ladle; Real Foot Mushrooms from the Unemployed; Goldfish sardines in white wine; Instagrammer Ham with no added sugars; Bed Bug Jam; Fair-Trade Cigarette Butt Infusion, butts collected in Colombia; Stray Cat in Peking Sauce; 1000 Flower Honey from the Homeless

Autonomous Corsica
Seems the government is considering studying the idea of granting more autonomy to Corsica which has long desired that, let alone outright independence.

The following pieces accompany an article about pedophiles and how they lack any real institutional help in France. They interviewed two of them and both of the men state that they never acted upon their urges but also that they had trouble getting any help for it from therapists, the state, or otherwise.

Pedophile's Anonymous The image got cut off but you get the gist of it.

:nws: Penis lifting up a minor's skirt.

"I was a pedophile for a long time until I got fed up with it."
"Oh! You stopped?"
"Kids can't hold a conversation. I was bored out of my mind."

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Andy Marlette

Chip Bok

Chris Britt

John Deering

Steve Breen

Tom Stiglich

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Discendo Vox posted:

The reason for this immediate spate of coverage is that Thomas Jurgens, an SPLC attorney, was one of the people arrested during the black bloc protests at the Georgia law enforcement training site a couple days ago. It's getting coverage as if he were an overt part of the black bloc group, though that seems...unlikely.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/atlanta-insurrectionists-and-the-southern-poverty-law-center-antifa-henchman
https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/03/07/southern-poverty-law-center-has-long-history-carrying-water-antifa/
https://nypost.com/2023/03/06/antifa-should-be-labeled-what-it-is-a-hate-group/
Thanks.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
From forever ago but w/e, I blissfully forgot this hell thread existed for a few days

I like the term "vice signaling" for assholes who fly Trump 2024 or "gently caress Biden" flags

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Apparently the message "wear a mask" is virtue signaling

Despite that message being on a mask, a real mask being actually worn

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Anglo-French refugee deal – UK to help fund immigration detention centre in France after Sunak-Macron summit"

Telegraph:

:fuckoff: Matt:

Ofsted chief’s warning over explicit sex education lessons

Independent:

After Gillray.

The i paper:

BBC apologises as sports shows pulled amid boycott by presenters and pundits

Times:

"The Times view on Georgia’s future: Stand with Tbilisi"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Eat poo poo, Matt

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
e, nm

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Guavanaut posted:

Eat poo poo, Matt

Kellies Nomination: Best Parody/Edit

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Skios posted:

Chip Bok

Poor Tucker Carlson, he's Just Asking Questions.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Lol I scrolled past that one, is it supposed to be a defense of Tucker that he only thought the truth while reporting the lies?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

It's bad art so it took me a moment to realize what Bok was going for, but it's "Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." He's saying the MSM lied about Russian Collusion and Hunter Biden, so they have no room to criticize Tucker for lying about the 2020 election. With a bit of "But Tucker never said the 2020 election was stolen, he was just being a good journalist and trying to find out!"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

VitalSigns posted:

Lol I scrolled past that one, is it supposed to be a defense of Tucker that he only thought the truth while reporting the lies?

"Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

The cartoonist is saying that the Mainstream Media has no room to be calling foul on Tucker peddling propaganda when they do the same thing for their side.

e:fb

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Hmm yes it’s drugs that make the cartels deadly and not, say, the absolute deluge of guns our lovely country hands over to them because we have no real gun control

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's actually all the fault of Jew Biden, the hook-nosed blood libel man that exists entirely in Stiglich's head to do the bidding of Larry Krasner.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Literally the same "joke" two days in a row.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Ann Telnaes

Lee Judge

Jimmy Margulies

David M. Hitch

Darrin Bell

Dave Whamond

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Hold on tight folks, if you thought Sinfest was bad before this week has gone batshit crazy.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Conservative markov chains slapped over the wailing souls of the damned

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Michael Ramirez

Steve Benson

Steve Breen

Tom Stiglich

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Kammat posted:

Hold on tight folks, if you thought Sinfest was bad before this week has gone batshit crazy.

Might as well rip the bandaid off then...

This one features an actual murder.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
i am shocked and stunned that the traumatized sex worker who swore to oppose johns immediately set out to murder trans people at random :geno:

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

I'm pretty sure that the idea is that her holographic scythe destroys the holographic disguise of the evil trans person, not that she literally murders her. You can tell that the scythe itself is glitching out in the last panel. Who knows with Sinfest, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
What is a "john"