Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

PIZZA.BAT posted:

holy poo poo it's cremnob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
haven't stopped by the 'pos for a while, reckon I'll pop in and talk up Peter Thiel for a minute, see how everyone is doing, reconnect with old friends.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
peter thiel, who literally ran out of gay dudes who would gently caress him (read: who werent sick of his poo poo) in literal actual san francisco and therefore moved

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Mar 12, 2023

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

rotor posted:

haven't stopped by the 'pos for a while, reckon I'll pop in and talk up Peter Thiel for a minute, see how everyone is doing, reconnect with old friends.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

rotor posted:

lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
personal monsterism aside, he's a great investor!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I forgot this is all happening while SXSW is going on

https://twitter.com/manvsparty/status/1634637110883020800?s=46&t=SGjc-kX_f4F_yldTowt91w

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

"sending all our support to all the startups and VCs being impacted during this challenging time."

thoughts and prayers 🕯

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
ah yes. i also forgot sxsw was happening because i literally couldn't care less about it

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

infernal machines posted:

personal monsterism aside, he's a great investor!

like yes, he feasts upon the blood of the young, theres no need to re-litigate this, but

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Shame Boy posted:

"sending all our support to all the startups and VCs being impacted during this challenging time."

thoughts and prayers 🕯

🙏🏻

mystes
May 31, 2006

rotor posted:

Maybe they're peter thiel

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

mystes posted:

Maybe they're peter thiel

then they would probably be really sad/mad that their country club buddy stymie got banned

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I bet a bunch of my company’s customers are using the new query tool I designed last year over the weekend, I should reach out to our relationship managers to get feedback

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

you all think i should start applying for sv tech start up jobs now?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

AnimeIsTrash posted:

there's probably a lot of openings at least

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

sounds like there's an opportunity to found a startup challenger bank who's with me?

First off: what does dodd-frank mean?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

if you’re willing to work for 100% startup equity, the sky’s the limit

Internaut!
Apr 3, 2022

by vyelkin

qirex posted:

I bet a bunch of my company’s customers are using the new query tool I designed last year over the weekend, I should reach out to our relationship managers to get feedback

drat you too? it's been a long weekend, sorry about your luck!

for Valley people, what happened in 2007 well before the crash is lots of smaller firms like mine which service the bulge bracket went out of business as the BB simply stopped paying what they owed - recall at the time no one knew what was happening so most shops just folded instead of taking on $2m+/mo in debt to support wages for people who were no longer delivering product to customers who were no longer paying

our principals are keen to avoid that because all of us are fairly irreplaceable - young hotshots aren't interested in working for a family business that will never IPO, consigning them to a lifetime of cars with normal doors

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Shame Boy posted:

thoughts and prayers 🕯

amen

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I don’t understand the Twitter threads about how companies won’t be able to make payroll if they only have access to $250k plus half their cash on Monday.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

None of the threads I saw talked about "plus half" and $250k won't cover payroll for one senior engineer.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

The Fool posted:

None of the threads I saw talked about "plus half" and $250k won't cover payroll for one senior engineer.

What, for one month?

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

yes

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I'm leaving that post unedited as a reminder of the necessity of caffeine

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

sentiment is still valid for ~12 engineers though

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Chalks posted:

What, for one month?

the problem is once you have twelve of those engineers. a lot of these companies have several dozens if not over a hundred

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

smackfu posted:

I don’t understand the Twitter threads about how companies won’t be able to make payroll if they only have access to $250k plus half their cash on Monday.

silicon valley finally disrupted banking

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Just In Time, but for money

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Internaut! posted:

drat you too? it's been a long weekend, sorry about your luck!

nah I'm in good shape, we've just had slow uptake of a new feature that could be useful for reporting on bank debt

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
https://twitter.com/torrenegra/status/1634573234187407369

Mahatma Goonsay
Jun 6, 2007
Yum
drat he was on the falling knife and tried to catch it at the same time

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
tech bubble: between 2013 and 2023, all good

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

i don't feel bad for this guy at all

lmao @ secret founder chat

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Mahatma Goonsay posted:

drat he was on the falling knife and tried to catch it at the same time

this guy is old enough to remember the og .com crash and 2008, so it's not like he's some 20 year old who has never seen things fail or stocks go down before

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

what a gosh darn god drat mess of their own making that is inevitably going to gently caress over half the country again

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Captain Foo posted:

what a gosh darn god drat mess of their own making that is inevitably going to gently caress over half the country again

they certainly *want* that to happen.

https://twitter.com/Jason/status/1634771851514900480

they're trying to induce a generalised bank run so they get bailed out

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
bank runs are generically just contagious like that, whether peeps want it to happen or not

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

they certainly *want* that to happen.

https://twitter.com/Jason/status/1634771851514900480

they're trying to induce a generalised bank run so they get bailed out

downthread from that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps