Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

dioxazine posted:

i wish i had skin like that

You too can wear makeup and use the Snapchat filters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Beeftweeter posted:

lol i don't even need to get close to a cat for that to happen, being like 8 feet away in the same room will do it

allergies are the most loving useless thing

they are. i had to get shots for two years to get to the point where our dog can sit on my legs without my face being on fire, the covid came along and i haven't been back to get to the point where stray dander doesn't make my eyes itch

allergy shots are kinda cool, though. here, let's inject you with trace amounts of the thing that hurts you until you don't hurt :hellyeah:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Agile Vector posted:

they are. i had to get shots for two years to get to the point where our dog can sit on my legs without my face being on fire, the covid came along and i haven't been back to get to the point where stray dander doesn't make my eyes itch

allergy shots are kinda cool, though. here, let's inject you with trace amounts of the thing that hurts you until you don't hurt :hellyeah:

yeah, i'm actually allergic to dogs too, just to a far lesser degree. i didn't do shots, but i did do what were essentially tinctures, and they just didn't really work very well

i get the concept though, being around them a lot helped immensely, but it was definitely pretty painful for like a year. the allergies eventually became much less pronounced, but i still have some bad days

imo it's very weird: i found that the "immunity" is basically per-dog, not really per-species. i'm guessing that's why the drops didn't work well. when i lived with zeus, originally i'd get hives and start weezing and sneezing around him, but that went away with time. it got to the point where i'd really only get a skin reaction when he was super excited and i came into contact with his saliva (if he was calm this wouldn't happen)

when i moved and left him with my parents (a decision i will regret every day of the rest of my life), then visited him again about a year later? oops, very allergic again, and we had adopted eggy at that point, so i figured it'd be fine

but the symptoms are exactly the same with eggy anyway, right down to the excited spit that i'm still allergic to. it's bizarre, the tolerance doesn't transfer ime, and unfortunately(?) chihuahuas get very excited pretty easily lol

imo it's totally worth it though, i'll trade some personal discomfort for making them happy any day. they in turn make me very happy

...but i can't do that with cats because it would likely actually kill me before it got better. it sucks, i like cats

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

You too can wear makeup and use the Snapchat filters

i don't know how snapchat works and i don't want to learn!!

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

when people bring up culture wars and say "china isn't arguing about this!" they apparently only know the half of it

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
For youtube gun guys, I like this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw7n91pE2l0

He's a British, has the title of "Keeper of Firearms and Artillery at the Royal Armouries Museum", and reviews video game guns. He seems to have a pretty good sense of humor, and for games with actual historical or modern guns, will often have interesting anecdotes about them.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
but does he have opinions about society

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
the Ahoy guy does great video game gun histories imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2tKMR6wKlM

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

dioxazine posted:

i wish i had skin like that

Famous quotes of buffalo bill

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

:2monocle:

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

Beeftweeter posted:

yeah, i'm actually allergic to dogs too, just to a far lesser degree. i didn't do shots, but i did do what were essentially tinctures, and they just didn't really work very well

i get the concept though, being around them a lot helped immensely, but it was definitely pretty painful for like a year. the allergies eventually became much less pronounced, but i still have some bad days

imo it's very weird: i found that the "immunity" is basically per-dog, not really per-species. i'm guessing that's why the drops didn't work well. when i lived with zeus, originally i'd get hives and start weezing and sneezing around him, but that went away with time. it got to the point where i'd really only get a skin reaction when he was super excited and i came into contact with his saliva (if he was calm this wouldn't happen)

when i moved and left him with my parents (a decision i will regret every day of the rest of my life), then visited him again about a year later? oops, very allergic again, and we had adopted eggy at that point, so i figured it'd be fine

but the symptoms are exactly the same with eggy anyway, right down to the excited spit that i'm still allergic to. it's bizarre, the tolerance doesn't transfer ime, and unfortunately(?) chihuahuas get very excited pretty easily lol

imo it's totally worth it though, i'll trade some personal discomfort for making them happy any day. they in turn make me very happy

...but i can't do that with cats because it would likely actually kill me before it got better. it sucks, i like cats

hey, you're just like me, but with cats. oddly enough, i couldn't really hang out in the area that the cat was hanging out. and i was allergic to the cat. but i got used to the cat. and then later when i left and came back after a long time, i was allergic.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

crazysim posted:

hey, you're just like me, but with cats. oddly enough, i couldn't really hang out in the area that the cat was hanging out. and i was allergic to the cat. but i got used to the cat. and then later when i left and came back after a long time, i was allergic.

it sucks so much. i like animals :smith:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Famous quotes of buffalo bill

lmao

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/uwukko/status/1634618465867710465

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Now that's some quality cyberpunk.

Internaut!
Apr 3, 2022

by vyelkin
lol anroid

not even once

this tech superiority post brought to you by a guy working in a Java viewport remoted into a cheap enterprise laptop

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
who the gently caress is scraeming "LOG OFF" at my house. show yourself, coward. i am unable to log off

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

infernal machines posted:

who the gently caress is scraeming "LOG OFF" at my house. show yourself, coward. i am unable to log off

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

My life support updates its settings from the cloud.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Take that Zuck

Even lawnmower man at home has legs

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

:kiss:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Bold move to have the tagline sponsored by ex lax

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

lol at this and lmao at the original post

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwyPsUd9LAk

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/natfriedman/status/1636028472819867650

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

volcanos, AI, ancient artifacts, and a particle accelerator

this ends well

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Alan Smithee posted:

volcanos, AI, ancient artifacts, and a particle accelerator

this ends well

why, are we all gonna die

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

why, are we all gonna die
where we're going?

we'll wish

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

is the use of the phrasing "We're doing/building/using X" to describe something that you want to do but are not actually doing yet a recent innovation? I feel like it's a very startup turn of phrase

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

it probably just says "Cassius can eat my balls"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

it probably just says "Cassius can eat my balls"

papyri: "you must find dae"

"what's dae?

papyri: "DAE NUCES IN ORE TUO"

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

papyri: "you must find dae"

"what's dae?

papyri: "DAE NUCES IN ORE TUO"

Ayyyyy ridere meum asinum off

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

distortion park posted:

is the use of the phrasing "We're doing/building/using X" to describe something that you want to do but are not actually doing yet a recent innovation? I feel like it's a very startup turn of phrase

afaik they are actually doing it right now, but its error prone and labor intensive, so theyre looking for better algorithms & stuff

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1636066635927756803

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

oi a chav nicked me gpu cluster

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

finally a gpt model for english

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it's just chatgpt hacked to end every sentence with "guv"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

haveblue posted:

it's just chatgpt hacked to add mushed peas to every recipe