Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
quartz mostly i suppose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

rotor posted:

cool rock pic

that owns

quoting the rock for the new page

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

It looks like a little rock guy carrying a smaller red rock on his shoulder

Can a geologist confirm this?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Vintersorg posted:

aren't blurays scratch proof?

how do they make them then??

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

ADINSX posted:

It looks like a little rock guy carrying a smaller red rock on his shoulder

its a daddy rock carrying a baby rock to the rock playground

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Vintersorg posted:

aren't blurays scratch proof?

lol i missed this before but, uh, no they are not

in fact at first they needed caddies. now they have various coatings to make them scratch resistant, but it varies per-manufacturer

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
you can definitely scratch a blu-ray but they will remain unscratched during minor accidents that would scratch a CD or DVD

e: pretty sure blu-ray caddies never shipped, they perfected the coating near the end of development and dropped plans for them

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

i think the cool rock looks like a ghost holding a weird lil red gun, and i think it's a very good rock

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

haveblue posted:

pretty sure blu-ray caddies never shipped, they perfected the coating near the end of development and dropped plans for them

yeah i'm not sure. i remember seeing them in pictures but i've never seen one in person

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Gnossiennes posted:

i think the cool rock looks like a ghost holding a weird lil red gun, and i think it's a very good rock

red boom box

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
instagram account brutbuilds is real good

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Giant stone block heading for the one place not tainted by Capitalism :mmmhmm:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

OMG (short for oegamiom)

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

OMG (short for oegamiom)

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Beeftweeter posted:

that owns

quoting the rock for the new page

Rock of new pages

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

DrPossum posted:

IDEs of March would be a good username

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

tfw when your tactical fixes become load bearing

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

From the toenail I thought they were hinges. :evilbuddy:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

SHAKESPEARE: maybe brutus was conflicted between love and duty. perhaps did you think of that

REALITY: *brutus does victory laps around rome both middle fingers flipping everyone off blasting his commemorative murder fliff this way and that*

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Elder Postsman posted:

working my way backwards through the thread because i have like 12k unreads but hey i have this thing still

can you make an iso of that and post it to archive.org?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

echinopsis posted:

instagram account brutbuilds is real good

cuban-rear end zardoz

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

get me out of the squart cube prison

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

SHAKESPEARE: maybe brutus was conflicted between love and duty. perhaps did you think of that

REALITY: *brutus does victory laps around rome both middle fingers flipping everyone off blasting his commemorative murder fliff this way and that*

lol I did not know that

brutus just throwing out fliff like a sultan at the funeral

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Mar 15, 2023

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
*adds "fliff" to A:\KIDLINGO.DBF*

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Sapozhnik posted:

*adds "fliff" to A:\KIDLINGO.DBF*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp3wTXYoCCg

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
tyvm for doing the needful

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Wizard Wednesday

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

speaking wizardly: "IDS PIS POPD!"

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

3D Megadoodoo posted:

get me out of the squart cube prison

Soviet Zod cannot escape the water/cement cube.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

infernal machines posted:

can you make an iso of that and post it to archive.org?

yeah

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

awesome! thanks

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

well it's gonna be a .img since my only cd/dvd drive is on my old powermac and that's the format os9 disk copy does. i'm sure that's fine.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

This is actually a debate among Kaiju fans. (He's not, but Babe is).

Also in the party photo I'm the red zingers.

If Ultraman can be a kaiju then so can be Paul Bunyan.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

"squart" is a funny word, but I'm much more vexed by how he turned "orgasm" into "oegamiom." It really bothers me.

Like with spelling errors in student essays, I can pretty much always tell whether it was a typo or an attempt at a phonetic spelling. One of my favorite ones for instance was "accholy," which is "actually" the way a valley girl says it.

Oegamiom is too hosed up to be a typo and it can't be phonetic because it doesn't even have an R or an S. What is it??

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

"squart" is a funny word, but I'm much more vexed by how he turned "orgasm" into "oegamiom." It really bothers me.

Like with spelling errors in student essays, I can pretty much always tell whether it was a typo or an attempt at a phonetic spelling. One of my favorite ones for instance was "accholy," which is "actually" the way a valley girl says it.

Someone post the "my guaife" essay TIA.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Elder Postsman posted:

well it's gonna be a .img since my only cd/dvd drive is on my old powermac and that's the format os9 disk copy does. i'm sure that's fine.

yeah, any mountable image file format should be fine. i think dmg would work too, whatever disk utility creates. i doubt there was any copy protection on that thing

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

yeah there's also a version of disk utility for os9, i think it came with the classic environment (i don't remember if it was included with normal installs)

but anyway .img should work too. hdiutil can also convert them if archive.org complains, but i don't think it will

i also appreciate it dur :)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

Oegamiom is too hosed up to be a typo and it can't be phonetic because it doesn't even have an R or an S. What is it??

do you seriously get papers from kids in college using "accholy" instead of "actually"

that's dire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
was at a restaurant last night with a giant crab mural on the wall and I thought of my yospos friends