Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

GateOfD posted:

i don't know where season 2 ended, but i stopped the manga after a certain point where after it reached a certain era.

Which one? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 16 days!)

Lt. Lizard posted:

Which one? :v:

modern era

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

GateOfD posted:

i don't know where season 2 ended, but i stopped the manga after a certain point where after it reached a certain era.

That's exactly where season 2 ends.Will poor Marche ever live long enough to grow up?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I can see To Your Eternity maybe having one more good arc, unless it really goes crazy and time leaps to a futuristic sci-fi setting or something.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I suspect given the way the manga seems like its on its way to a conclusion that it probably doesn't have more one more season's worth of stuff, unless it does indeed turn into Gundam or Star Trek or something.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Part 2 of the manga (the modern era) is considerably shorter than part 1, I think. They can probably fit it all into season 3 without it feeling too rushed.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

You know, or they can just get together and your writing is strong enough that them being together is its own new and cool conceit.

See Bunny Girl.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Natural 20 posted:

You know, or they can just get together and your writing is strong enough that them being together is its own new and cool conceit.

See Bunny Girl.

beyond the relative strength of the writing i think the central relationship in bunny girl (and monogatari and kyokou suiri and so on) has a very different purpose, and so is afforded an expanded scope, permanence, or direction than in the previous examples. for instance, both bunny girl and monogatari have the protagonist paired up by, like, episode 3 or so, after very direct confessions. araragi even fucks. the uzaki guy will never gently caress, guaranteed.

these shows do offer another model, however, of protagonist as psychoanalyst. sakuta is consulting with a string of women and addressing their problems, but there is no real unease on the audience's behalf that he is doing so for purely libidinal reasons. these are relationships that would ordinarily be very intimate (he's addressing issues that arise from central points of anxiety or crises of identity, after all), but since he is already safely "paired off" we can attribute altruistic/gnostic motives to the relationships with each arc's subject/analysand. while, for lacan, transference as the relationship between analyst and analysand can take on the appearance of being driven by love, hate, etc., it is fundamentally a drive for knowledge and understanding.

in narrative sense, the central pre-established intimacy gives license for new intimacies, and also grounds and legitimizes and humanizes these intimacies (if you like, the agape love to "fix" others is seen as perhaps inauthentic without proof that, yes the character does have eros and storges in there somewhere, but is capable of sublimating them).

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

I like it when the boys and/or girls blush. They can do that before and after they get together

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

FilthyImp posted:

Oh yeah, An American Tail is also pretty :catstare: when it comes to Heavy poo poo.

I mean, that's pretty standard. It isn't a Don Bluth film if the opening doesn't start with a bunch of familial death or a Jewish quarter getting razed by raging Cossacks.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

wow dang, finally got to watch the last episode of to your eternity. :stare:
very curious to see where it goes from here

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

it goes on forevermore?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Looks like the horsegirls anime needs a new composer:

https://twitter.com/unseenjapansite/status/1635950895148965888?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

He's only one of many composers, and he didn't work on the anime.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

He's only one of many composers, and he didn't work on the anime.

Ah, mobile game guy instead. Fair enough.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/SHAMANKING_PR/status/1635930327188398081?t=1SXmTCs2RLIXdz1-uMgyGA&s=19

More Shaman King

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Given how impressively and extensively incomplete all of the Shaman King sequels are, I am curious how they're going to wrench an anime out of that material.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/NieRA_anime_EN/status/1636021573433049088?t=z41ISHaFLhCeeVZc2Dpm0w&s=19

Nier's dub is being produced by Aniplex in LA, so Kyle is back!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

pretty strong Tsurune overall
hope it keeps going for more seasons.

falling behind on Mou Ippon! episodes

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

https://twitter.com/SugoiLITE/status/1635873075597291520

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Meanwhile, in Bofuri:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

It will always be surreal to me that I spent most of 2008-9 playing Left 4 Dead with 9S.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Natural 20 posted:

It will always be surreal to me that I spent most of 2008-9 playing Left 4 Dead with 9S.

I feel like an explanation is warranted.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

I feel like an explanation is warranted.

Kyle ran a show on Warcraft Radio with his buddies, so did I. We ended up playing a bunch of videogames for the better part of a year because we made friends through that. Went our seperate ways after the station shuttered.

Man always mentioned wanting to be a voice actor and by god did he make it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I liked Kyle McCarley in 13 Sentinels

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Omnicrom posted:

Meanwhile, in Bofuri:

If I had a nickel for every time I read about something this wacky happening in someone's DnD campaign, I'd have $1.65.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Started Kaina, wasn't big on the CG but it ended up growing on me. The world is interesting but there's just enough there to let your imagination go wild with why things are they way they are. I love the clothing and character design, especially the pressure suits. It gives me a similar vibe to Made in Abyss, and while the backgrounds aren't as good it's also not insanely gross like MiA which is a tradeoff I'll gladly take.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/catsuka/status/1636387750118330369?t=IJBZweOwxRrwKcoIh3oiww&s=19

New Kinnikuman

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Wondering if it's just a new adaptation of the original manga, or adapting the new kinnikuman content that started coming out over a decade ago that takes place after the original series but before kinnikuman nisei (ultimate muscle).

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Danmachi S4 done. Overall, I give it a 7/10

what a long ride in the dungeon this time. Final battle against the thing was okay, just wanted it to be over.

Bell slayed Ryuu's heart at the end of the episode there causing her to run off lol.
Ryuu definitely at the top of the waifu wars now. Gonna be hard to top what she and Bell went thru for a long while.

Think its the last episode this season, but wish there was one more to show everyone else cooling down from the crazy adventure. But I guess that's what OVAs are for.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Sui the slime is the best

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Absolutely outstanding second half to the Danmachi season. Far and away the best thing they've done. Not even putting a "since season 1" disclaimer here because I just think as a package of 11 episodes it's in a league of its own.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

I tried to read the original manga. The early art is really rough though, and Kinnikuman himself is a loving rear end in a top hat who literally hit his love interest and called her a slut for being kind to Warsman. I know it gets better and that Kinnikuman stops being an rear end in a top hat, but it was pretty tough reading that

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Mar 16, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah it is like half a century old

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah thats not the worst i've seen from a 70s manga

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

i'm probably just being oversensitive

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Willo567 posted:

i'm probably just being oversensitive

I don't think you are.

Things can both be a product of their time and also poo poo because the time they were a product of was poo poo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah but kinnikuman owns

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Endorph posted:

yeah but kinnikuman owns

you arent wrong it is pretty loving cool especially that gamecube game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

GateOfD posted:

Danmachi S4 done. Overall, I give it a 7/10

what a long ride in the dungeon this time. Final battle against the thing was okay, just wanted it to be over.

Bell slayed Ryuu's heart at the end of the episode there causing her to run off lol.
Ryuu definitely at the top of the waifu wars now. Gonna be hard to top what she and Bell went thru for a long while.

Think its the last episode this season, but wish there was one more to show everyone else cooling down from the crazy adventure. But I guess that's what OVAs are for.

One of the things I've appreciated about Mairimashita! Iruma-kun was how it does take the time to do some cooling-down chapters after the big events where everybody can decompress a little and stretch into the new state of things. The anime has actually been able to follow that so far, having the big drama of each season end with a few episodes left so they can do some more subdued ones before they rev up into sequel bait for next season.

I wonder how it's gone over so far. Well enough for another season yet, so it can't have been too badly.