Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

jesus WEP posted:

i’ve been taking piano lessons for about 7 or 8 months and it’s very good to step away from stem bullshit for sure. i paint minis sometimes too but i find it harder to get started with that, piano i can just sit down and noodle for 5 minutes

same thats why i play video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Mr. Crow posted:

same thats why i play video games

another downside to steam, only a single letter away from the thing we're trying to get away from!!

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

barotrauma 1.0 was released this morning it seems

can't wait to die horribly with my mates, it's been about a year since we played last waiting for three content patches. hope the campaign ending is a lot of fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pau93Z-46GQ

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

in the next year or two I will hopefully be getting back into the arcade cabinet maintenance and repair hobby, which should be a nice blend of skill sets I enjoy using that aren’t directly related to my job

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

in the next year or two I will hopefully be getting back into the arcade cabinet maintenance and repair hobby, which should be a nice blend of skill sets I enjoy using that aren’t directly related to my job

I’m trying to get into this now. my wife works at a brewery with some arcade games and I tag along with the brewer/arcade guy when he does maintenance and repairs. currently fixing a coin slot on a P.O.W. cabinet and a mystery issue with a mortal kombat 2 one.

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Once I move I think I want to put together a MAME cab, should be a fun little project. I'd love to get an actual cab of something like Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 or maybe one of the Marvel fighters but idk how realistic that is these days as far as supply goes. Wait, no, Third Strike cab, that'd be the poo poo.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

what should i play right now among dead cells, heavenly bodies, and hi-fi rush

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

hifi rush unless you have the new dead cells dlc, in which case play that

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

hifi rush is incredible

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

now answer my question:

should I pick up one of the pathfinder games and if so which one

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

The Fool posted:

hifi rush unless you have the new dead cells dlc, in which case play that
i did buy said dlc late last night so i'll do that, ty

i don't know anything about pathfinder though, sorry

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

dioxazine posted:

hifi rush is incredible
i remain sorta shocked how good it is considering it just sort of appeared out of the aether one day

just met macaron

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

The Fool posted:

now answer my question:

i enjoyed kingmaker's companions and personalities more than wotr's, but if you want a heroic epic with somewhat crappy army management over a somewhat crappy kingdom building simulator, wotr will slake that thirst.

i will say that the kickstarter backer quest is extremely out of place and unfun to play through

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

another downside to steam, only a single letter away from the thing we're trying to get away from!!

Yeah! gently caress seams!!!

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

for some reason I’m trying to imagine what an mmo without any RPG-style progression would be like. I.e., purely skill-based, with no leveling/gear to increase stats and make things “easier”. this might be meaningless, idk. I guess in a way I’m describing every competitive online game, but I wonder if there’s a non-pvp form of this

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I’m trying to get into this now. my wife works at a brewery with some arcade games and I tag along with the brewer/arcade guy when he does maintenance and repairs. currently fixing a coin slot on a P.O.W. cabinet and a mystery issue with a mortal kombat 2 one.

nice! I have an MK cabinet that someone converted to Golden Tee 2001 or whatever, so my first step is going to be unconverting that at some point

I’m unironically considering putting a few cabinets and/or pinball machines in a corner of my basement and going nuts with the carpeting and blacklights

https://www.georgiacarpet.com/products/joy-carpets-neon-lights-looped-fluorescent-quick-ship-450-commercial-broadloom-carpet.html

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
the best rpg system is objectively Nobilis, followed by whatever the most itch.io game of the moment is. (I recommend “You Are Quarantined With Adam Driver And He Is Insisting On Reading You His New Script” or “Jonathan Frakes Wants Your Attention, And You Must Not Give It To Him”

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

just here to say Juno: New Origins is dope. you should get it. I made this space station.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

MrQueasy posted:

the best rpg system is objectively Nobilis, followed by whatever the most itch.io game of the moment is. (I recommend “You Are Quarantined With Adam Driver And He Is Insisting On Reading You His New Script” or “Jonathan Frakes Wants Your Attention, And You Must Not Give It To Him”

i'm a fan of ICON (in playtest right now, free on itch.io), same designer as Lancer and also the k6bd person. fairly blades in the darkesque

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

The Fool posted:

now answer my question:

wrath is the newer and more polished of the two, i prefer kingmaker's somewhat more standard fantasy story but wrath is a lot of fun, has more qol and the mythic paths are worth a couple replays

they both have strategy layer minigames, the first has a kingdom sim using cards and the second is a homm clone

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the one complaint that i have about the mythic paths is that they feel very alignment locked. especially since there's no archmage mythic and a single path for arcane spellcasters in terms of thematic progression

maybe that's changed with DLC, but i don't know

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
c sekiro s: man those ninja mini-bosses are still loving assholes

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i'm enjoying hi-fi rush a lot (lol @ the track 5 intro) but jeez i can remember maybe 1/10th of what i can do once the fighting starts lol

memorizing combos: my greatest weakness

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

the dead cells castlevania dlc is real good but death is kicking my teeth in. music's great though so i don't mind starting over so much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlw-DqsPTgc

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Mar 15, 2023

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

that reminds me that i still need to finish bloodstained: ritual of the night.. someday

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

dioxazine posted:

that reminds me that i still need to finish bloodstained: ritual of the night.. someday

:same:

I still have bloodstained, and many other metroidvania type of games half completed too.

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Bloodstained was real good, not super long either iirc. Still want to go back and play through the alternate character modes at some point.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

InternetOfTwinks posted:

Bloodstained was real good, not super long either iirc. Still want to go back and play through the alternate character modes at some point.
:yossame:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

been enjoying a game on steam called Heavenly Bodies the last week and a bit. you control a cosmonaut on an orbiting station, using the sticks to move your arms, triggers to grab, and bumpers to tuck your legs for a push through zero-g. a little bit qwop-in-space except much more satisfying and somewhat less infuriating than that phrase probably implies :v: the game has you doing missions like "align the solar panels & get power going", or "assemble and deploy a space telescope", or as below, "finish putting together the comm tower and its antennae"

https://i.imgur.com/2cCDzcJ.mp4
found it from a youtuber playing local co-op with a buddy and shouting a lot, as these sorts of videos are wont to provide. here it is if you like that sort of thing / want to get more of a look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SX2d_FU_6A

i like the game a lot!!

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Mar 15, 2023

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

this looks like Getting Over It in space

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i forgot that existed but yeah, a bit. no infuriating narrator or malicious gotchas so far though

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

nudgenudgetilt posted:

this looks like Getting Over It in space

incidentally, same dev as qwop/girp

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

this pathfinder character creation is a bit overwhelming

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

does it actually run pathfinder under the hood

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

quiggy posted:

incidentally, same dev as qwop/girp
oh well that sure explains a lot lol

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

quiggy posted:

does it actually run pathfinder under the hood

kind of, it's definitely more loyal to the source material than bg3 is, whatever that is worth to you

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Ciaphas posted:

been enjoying a game on steam called Heavenly Bodies the last week and a bit. you control a cosmonaut on an orbiting station, using the sticks to move your arms, triggers to grab, and bumpers to tuck your legs for a push through zero-g. a little bit qwop-in-space except much more satisfying and somewhat less infuriating than that phrase probably implies :v: the game has you doing missions like "align the solar panels & get power going", or "assemble and deploy a space telescope", or as below, "finish putting together the comm tower and its antennae"

https://i.imgur.com/2cCDzcJ.mp4
found it from a youtuber playing local co-op with a buddy and shouting a lot, as these sorts of videos are wont to provide. here it is if you like that sort of thing / want to get more of a look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SX2d_FU_6A

i like the game a lot!!
i have this via ps+. i should take another crack at it sometime

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I played the PS+ version, solo

Pretty fun but you need a high frustration tolerance

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

haveblue posted:

I played the PS+ version, solo

Pretty fun but you need a high frustration tolerance
once i figured out how to monkey-bar my way around it went from frustrating to pretty relaxing, weirdly

just finished planting & watering seeds in the orbital greenhouse :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

i have this via ps+. i should take another crack at it sometime

another dad lost in space..