Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

like even the standard NFT lazy-rear end character creator programs do a better job than "put the hat on top of the hair without clipping the hair", how the gently caress was this made by a giant corporation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

wtf is with nft garbage being obsessed with discord servers

that's where the installed base of scammers to steal the nfts are, they serve an important function in the nft economy.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
where else can you go where you can say gm (good morning) and gn (good night) to a bunch of internet strangers who bought the same thing as you?

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

gm

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Enough time has passed that there's probably nobody left at Squeenix who remembers how that lovely, trend-chasing Final Fantasy movie almost bankrupted the company 20+ years ago. Time for history to repeat itself.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

The_Franz posted:

Enough time has passed that there's probably nobody left at Squeenix who remembers how that lovely, trend-chasing Final Fantasy movie almost bankrupted the company 20+ years ago. Time for history to repeat itself.

remember when that came out and a bunch of people claimed the cgi was so good that soon real actors would be obsolete

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

:mods:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

even the dark theme of yospos can't hide the brightness and vibrancy of this community

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Boxturret posted:

even the dark theme of yospos can't hide the brightness and vibrancy of this community

my yos is amber. amber is bright and according to the documentary jurassic park is full of life. checkmate boxturrailure

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i just wanted to bbe a discord moderator

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

like even the standard NFT lazy-rear end character creator programs do a better job than "put the hat on top of the hair without clipping the hair", how the gently caress was this made by a giant corporation

some japanese college grad finally gets their dream job working at squaresoft and has that dream immediately crushed by being assigned to the ceo's blockchain gaming division.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Just a Moron posted:

I find the stock git GUI to be pretty helpful, you can do most basic things without the CLI

careful, if you go on like this you'll end up in the GBS bitcoin thread

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Zopotantor posted:

careful, if you go on like this you'll end up in the GBS bitcoin thread

:ohdear:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

The symbiogenesis trailer on SE’s channel has 34k views and, I swear to god, zero likes.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

akadajet posted:

some japanese college grad finally gets their dream job working at squaresoft and has that dream immediately crushed by being assigned to the ceo's blockchain gaming division.
I read that at DreamWorks, if you weren't impressing your boss they would reassign you to work on Shrek.

Perhaps blockchaingang serves the same function at sqenix?

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
bored anime gacha club

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Sweevo posted:

remember when that came out and a bunch of people claimed the cgi was so good that soon real actors would be obsolete

no

who was saying that

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Sweevo posted:

no no, they were saying that and then the movie came out

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Sweevo posted:

no but I remember people saying the awful CGI Lion King remake was so realistic it should be considered live action.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

SubG posted:

bored anime gacha club
science ninja team gacha man

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Sweevo posted:

I remember them saying that the main character was going to be a digital actress who would show up in multiple movies as different characters

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

BattleMaster posted:

I remember them saying that the main character was going to be a digital actress who would show up in multiple movies as different characters

And she did! Once, in an Animatrix teaser.

I miss the early 2000s.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

BattleMaster posted:

the gently caress

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
wow, the nft morons really do never have an original idea

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Hey what's the name of the funny journalist whose vacations portend chaos? I'm trying to think of journalists that do a job of actually taking bullshit economic sibboleths to size and his writing popped into mind.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Shageletic posted:

Hey what's the name of the funny journalist whose vacations portend chaos? I'm trying to think of journalists that do a job of actually taking bullshit economic sibboleths to size and his writing popped into mind.

Matt Levine

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Thanks!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

BattleMaster posted:

This wasn't even new at the time, the D video game series had a "Laura" who is a digital actress who just happened to star in the three games. D was on the 3do in 95, enemy zero on saturn in 96, and D2 on dreamcast in 99. Spirit within was 01

...!
Oct 5, 2003

The Saddest Rhino posted:

This wasn't even new at the time, the D video game series had a "Laura" who is a digital actress who just happened to star in the three games. D was on the 3do in 95, enemy zero on saturn in 96, and D2 on dreamcast in 99. Spirit within was 01

...but with bitcoin

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

And then SWERY did it with some characters as well.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

much like we march towards crustaceanism, every culture eventually reinvents hatsune miku
or max headroom

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

You're all gonna get your asses Shaq Fu'd.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

Even Disney tried doing that with the Maui Mallard game on SNES/Mega Drive back in 1996.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
they need to start doing that again
half the faces in AAA games are modeled off real-world actors anyways but they keep spending 100 million bucks to make all new art assets for every game

edit: the actors should be NFTs

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Mar 17, 2023

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

they need to start doing that again
half the faces in AAA games are modeled off real-world actors anyways but they keep spending 100 million bucks to make all new art assets for the every game

edit: the actors should be NFTs

its funnier though when the game doesn't have the actual voices of characters from a film and has to use soundalikes, the mid-2000s james bond games were a goldmine of bad pierce brosnan impressions. at least for the wallace and gromit telltale games they got the dude who did the retakes for the films when peter sallis couldn't be bothered

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

dammit you beat me to the obscure D lore

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Scratch Monkey posted:

CannonFodder posted:

I know you mean "staying out of the public eye" but I got a little giggle thinking about a 7'1" man that has been on TV for 30 years (I went and checked, he was drafted to the NBA in 1992) trying to hide behind a tree or wearing a costume to go incognito.

i just feel this is important

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
that is like, the best picture of shaq that has ever been taken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

turn off your webcam!!!