Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

my brother have you heard of garlic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
boil em, mash em, stick em in a stew!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

PokeJoe posted:

ginger too
and onions

all the really good poo poo

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
you gotta bash open the potato rocks to get the meat. then you add the little garlic stones to it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

PokeJoe posted:

it's pretty good on its own. but have you considered: add it to potatoes? :2bong:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Sagebrush posted:

it's pretty good on its own. but have you considered: add it to potatoes? :2bong:

this guy gets it

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

this could be a solid av if the chip was labeled ssri

PackageDice.org

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

this could be a solid av if the chip was labeled ssri

lmao

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

mt dew spill

mystes
May 31, 2006

Is Norfolk Southern operating the new york subway now?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

username/post combo

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

i like the cut of your jib

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Sagebrush posted:

Ice is a mineral too. It's a solid oxide, just like silica

I've been wondering for awhile: is table salt is the only food item we eat not derived from a plant or animal? Could we live in true harmony with all other life on earth if we just ate chunks of salt?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

we can eat other salts, and a lot of other random synthetic stuff made from oil, so no

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

we eat all sorts of minerals all the time too

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

everything on earth gets cycled through the biosphere. oil comes from dead plankton, and the salt in the ocean comes from trillions of sea creatures excreting sodium and chlorine. how many billions of years back are you looking? i can't think of anything considered a food product that is purely mineral and not used by any other living creature. (i am not including micronutrients because nobody is going to the grocery store looking to buy a big old bag of zinc filings, and in any case the zinc we eat comes from plants that sucked it out of the soil).

the sparkles in sparkly kids toothpaste are mica. nothing else eats mica to my knowledge. does that count?

fun fact about salt though: it is the only mineral that our bodies are specifically aware of on a physiological level. if you're low on vitamin B6, your body doesn't know it or how to get it. but if you're low on salt, you will begin craving salty things.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
i eat rocks to gain power

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6Ko926itZ4

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Beeftweeter posted:

we eat all sorts of minerals all the time too

yeah same

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

i eat rocks to gain power

only rock powers, though.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbZ4CKWADRA

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

considering i did no research about this i cant say im surprised at the response

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

0 % food

https://vimeo.com/387166786

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

distortion park posted:

_____________ /

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

everything on earth gets cycled through the biosphere. oil comes from dead plankton, and the salt in the ocean comes from trillions of sea creatures excreting sodium and chlorine. how many billions of years back are you looking? i can't think of anything considered a food product that is purely mineral and not used by any other living creature. (i am not including micronutrients because nobody is going to the grocery store looking to buy a big old bag of zinc filings, and in any case the zinc we eat comes from plants that sucked it out of the soil).

the sparkles in sparkly kids toothpaste are mica. nothing else eats mica to my knowledge. does that count?

fun fact about salt though: it is the only mineral that our bodies are specifically aware of on a physiological level. if you're low on vitamin B6, your body doesn't know it or how to get it. but if you're low on salt, you will begin craving salty things.
you don't eat toothpaste

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
:toot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moFgp2VWBJ4

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

getting an early start on st. patricks day

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Chris Knight posted:

you don't eat toothpaste

speak for yourself :colbert:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Fluorescein is a hell of a drug

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

speak for yourself :colbert:
i too enjoy toothpastefordinner

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

when I worked in a restaurant they had a lot of rules without exception to make it easy to remember and for people with no common sense. for example everything that got opened had to go into a cambro with an expiry date written on it. i always thought it was funny we had to do that for things like salt. gotta be careful about those expired rocks

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

polyester concept posted:

when I worked in a restaurant they had a lot of rules without exception to make it easy to remember and for people with no common sense. for example everything that got opened had to go into a cambro with an expiry date written on it. i always thought it was funny we had to do that for things like salt. gotta be careful about those expired rocks

instructions unclear, i put the pickles in the camaro with my ex-pirate date in it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

polyester concept posted:

I have a bag of sodium citrate that says it is not genetically modified

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Sagebrush posted:

I have a bag of sodium citrate that says it is not genetically modified

oh thank god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

"Why do you not like US public transportation?" I'm asked.