Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

colt peacemaker ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Acting like black people get equal representation under the gun laws you enjoy is insanely dumb.

Like 90% of weaponry is owned by people like this

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

speaking of guns, i overheard one of my reddit type coworkers talking about how he always carries when hes in seattle because he doesnt want to get accosted by "junkies"

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

dont doxx me

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

AnimeIsTrash posted:

last time i looked things up, there are more firearms in private hands than there are people in this nation. of all americans, only 1/3 or so own weapons. of that one third, two thirds of them only own 1-2. the remaining 1/3 of 1/3 is that guy.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

my grandfather was that guy and now he’s dead

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

fart simpson posted:

my grandfather was that guy and now he’s dead

what'd you do with all his guns?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i don’t know exactly, i think my uncle took them and some of them were sold

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

fart simpson posted:

how is recreational (sport etc.) gun ownership in china anyway? i imagine hunting is not a very sustainable angle

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i’m the red candle on the wall. no, the other one.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

fart simpson posted:

you need to go get your guns, possibly by using some other gun.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

President Beep posted:

you need to go get your guns, possibly by using some other gun.

he had multiple guns stolen from him lol. after the 2nd time he started burying his favorite guns in the yard and hiding others in the walls and under floorboards

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

how is recreational (sport etc.) gun ownership in china anyway? i imagine hunting is not a very sustainable angle

idk anything about it sorry. some people have airsofts i guess and they do paintball as an office team building activity but it’s called real life “cs”

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my pops had a few really cool fudd guns - an old winchester lever action 30-30, a matching pair of Ithaca 37s with both shot and slug barrels, and when he pulled his final jackass move he had no will and they just got auctioned off straight out of a storage container. If it were capable for me to be raw about the dumb poo poo he did, that would top the list. cmon man

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

last time i looked things up, there are more firearms in private hands than there are people in this nation. of all americans, only 1/3 or so own weapons. of that one third, two thirds of them only own 1-2. the remaining 1/3 of 1/3 is that guy.

The majority of guns that have ever been sold in America have been manufactured and sold post-2008. Makes u think

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The majority of guns that have ever been sold in America have been manufactured and sold post-2008. Makes u think

holy poo poo

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

wow thanks obsma

Apr 7, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

holy poo poo

https://www.nbcnews.com/data-graphics/6-charts-show-rise-guns-us-people-dying-rcna30537

Basically, a black guy being elected resulted in an unprecedented surge in AR pattern rifles being made and sold in the US.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ammunition prices also go up when the dumbocrats are in office, lol

Apr 7, 2003

I am seeing a lot of poo poo going on in the usual astroturfed social media sites talking about how the homeless are all mentally ill criminals and we need to reopen the mental institutions to "fix" the problem of homelessness. That certainly isn't troubling

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I am seeing a lot of poo poo going on in the usual astroturfed social media sites talking about how the homeless are all mentally ill criminals and we need to reopen the mental institutions to "fix" the problem of homelessness. That certainly isn't troubling

we do desperately need public mental health care but definitely not whatever the people paying for that poo poo are thinking of

Apr 7, 2003

The majority of homelessness is economic though, not related to mental illness or substance abuse.

There's currently a massive wave of old people retiring to the streets because the places they retired to are being snapped up by investment firms that are jacking the rents up.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2022-04-10/americas-homeless-ranks-graying-as-more-retire-on-streets

There's something driving the narrative that homelessness is caused entirely by mental illness, ergo the homeless need to be "helped" whether they like it or not. Troubling.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

yeah, buncha people ended up on the streets in MI back in the 80s/90s when a lot of mental health facilities were closed

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
ah. 13 million for a new pig horse stable downtown. money well spent

i can now see 7 tents outside my window

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

President Beep posted:

i’m the red candle on the wall. no, the other one.

I wish the pictures on the mantle were pictures of guns

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

That’s not even a great example of old guy gun nut, looks like he’s mainly into revolvers. The funniest are people that layout their collection of 20 near identical ar 15s

I guess revolvers are all “near identical” when you get down to it but for some reason the ar 15 collectors are funnier to me

Apr 7, 2003

graph posted:

ah. 13 million for a new pig horse stable downtown. money well spent

i can now see 7 tents outside my window

There's an entire camp now on the Bigelow Blvd ramp next to the US Steel Building. I don't recall seeing homeless people much if ever 15 years ago.

Coincidentally in that time period the average rent went from $525 to $1462. Probably unrelated.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

ADINSX posted:

That’s not even a great example of old guy gun nut, looks like he’s mainly into revolvers. The funniest are people that layout their collection of 20 near identical ar 15s

I guess revolvers are all “near identical” when you get down to it but for some reason the ar 15 collectors are funnier to me

no you see this one has a 1:7 twist rate barrel and this one has a hydraulic buffer and this one

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

spankmeister posted:

no you see this one has a 1:7 twist rate barrel and this one has a hydraulic buffer and this one

This one is in the latest and greatest tactical cartridge, you see, the ballistics of 6.5 Grendel farrrttttt

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i’d like to forward assist his guns right into the dumpster

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Because permissive gun laws will only permit the execution of marginalized groups as long as we have the judicial system we currently have, dingdong

don't act like you believe for a moment that cops would willingly disarm white conservatives

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

https://www.nbcnews.com/data-graphics/6-charts-show-rise-guns-us-people-dying-rcna30537

Basically, a black guy being elected resulted in an unprecedented surge in AR pattern rifles being made and sold in the US.

it’s more than obama. the heller decision is the real turning point.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

it’s more than obama. the heller decision is the real turning point.

I think plus once the assault weapons ban expired in 04 manufactures realized they could make ARs and AR parts… I assume without paying any license fees? I don’t really know how it works but you really can’t find a semi automatic rifle cheaper than an AR

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

don't act like you believe for a moment that cops would willingly disarm white conservatives

There are sheriffs departments in Washington publicly stating they have no intention in enforcing the magazine capacity limit here. I wonder if that policy will be consistent depending on who they pull over

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

ADINSX posted:

There are sheriffs departments in Washington publicly stating they have no intention in enforcing the magazine capacity limit here. I wonder if that policy will be consistent depending on who they pull over

denver cops have said the same thing and we know how it's gonna go - there's a 15 round limit in town, but if you are white and have a thin blue line punisher skull on the back of your FX4, they don't see poo poo. if you're a single black mother with a $399 taurus for defense though and that thing has 16 rounds you're getting in big trouble

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my 92a1 comes with three 17 round mags from the factory. when i bought it here in town, the guy grabbed a silicone caulk gun and popped the bottom off the mags, squirted a bit in, put them back in the case and winked while he said "And here are your denver legal 15 round magazines"

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Do y’all have a grandfather clause in there? Washington doesn’t, so all my existing mags are “good” (unless I’m ever required to prove I owned it before the ban?)

Naturally since magazines don’t have serial numbers it’s trivial to buy them elsewhere and drive/fly home. Or just go to a town where the shops still sell them because the cops don’t care

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

It sounds like this america place has a poor relationship with firearms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

PokeJoe posted:

It sounds like this america place has a poor relationship with firearms

kind of a weird, parasocial obsession