Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

graph posted:

two big upsets yesterday led to 99.88% of brackets being instantly vaporized lol

the first weekend of the tournament is the best sporting event of the year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

CPColin posted:

cjs: My AD password expired two days ago and it's been a neverending process of convincing people to give me a temporary password because I can't remote in to change it when it's already expired, asking them to clear the "user must change password" flag so I can actually remote in, and now bullying them into believing me that I'm following the stated complexity rules and my new passwords are still being rejected.

The latest suggestions were to either come to the office to change them (haha no) or call them and read my new password to them over the phone so they can set it for me (HAHA NO).

lol. that last bit is extremely shameful.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

CPColin posted:

cjs: My AD password expired two days ago and it's been a neverending process of convincing people to give me a temporary password because I can't remote in to change it when it's already expired, asking them to clear the "user must change password" flag so I can actually remote in, and now bullying them into believing me that I'm following the stated complexity rules and my new passwords are still being rejected.

The latest suggestions were to either come to the office to change them (haha no) or call them and read my new password to them over the phone so they can set it for me (HAHA NO).

if there's a linux machine bound to your domain you can just ssh into it and it'll give you the pw change prompt. v convenient

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

President Beep posted:

what, code? i mean yeah i guess.

a student yesterday in my own arduino class commented that his potentiometer wasn't working right because every time he turned it one way his computer would go plink-plunk and the arduino lights would turn off. this means he had two of the wires swapped and when he got to one end of the potentiometer travel he was making a direct short between power and ground. kids love shorting things out

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Asleep Style posted:

the first weekend of the tournament is the best sporting event of the year

i enjoyed this "chart party" episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a1TUszkMfI

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

CJS: poo poo has calmed down massively since our IRAP assessment has been completed. now we just have to wait for the assessor to give us their report. meanwhile i'm just doing MS Defender for IoT poo poo because apparently every single mfer in the infrastructure space doesn't bother to learn networking. nobody understands how ER/R/SPAN works and are getting worked up about switch interoperability my dinguses just trunk the VLAN problem solved.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

President Beep posted:

lol. that last bit is extremely shameful.

I told them no because my anti-phishing training had kicked in

graph posted:

if there's a linux machine bound to your domain you can just ssh into it and it'll give you the pw change prompt. v convenient

Man, I wish.

My current plan is to remote straight into the domain controller and see if that makes a difference, because there doesn't seem to be any desire on the other end of my support ticket to treat this as A Problem.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

CPColin posted:

I told them no because my anti-phishing training had kicked in

well I’m glad someone’s did, jesus christ.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

in my previous role at a state water authority i was asked to setup some AAD B2B guest accounts for some dinguses at a water authority in another state because they were doing some collab project or something with them. anyway i setup the accounts and then next day i couldn't login to poo poo (was working remote because of COVID). turns out the PM at our state water authority never gave a heads-up to the people at the other state water authority so when they suddenly received AAD e-mails that mentioned my username they reported it to cybersec who immediately went and locked my accounts.

surprisingly effective response, albeit the wrong one.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/mcguirepetrov/status/1636738848767000577?s=46&t=aXw7W5TiwDaOVtqp-9FOLA

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

c house s: if you have a 5ft shelf is it better to have brackets at 16-32-48 and on studs rather than at 3-30-57 and only the middle bracket on a stud?

i guess the ends of the shelves will be compromised with the first config. but i don't feel great about only one bracket on a stud in the second.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

cjs: oh neat apple cancelled my interview because the req got moved to another manager. weird to not just have me interview with that manager no?

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

KidDynamite posted:

cjs: oh neat apple cancelled my interview because the req got moved to another manager. weird to not just have me interview with that manager no?

sounds like regular ERP bullshit. like their system probably doesn't allow them to do that or something.

hope the interview goes well!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol, it’s definitely some dumb bullshit like that.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

hi Beep i hope you are well!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

hey there garbo. keeping it more or less real-ish. how r u?

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

im good my Kalamazoo cousin. experiencing a brief reprieve from intense work poo poo at work so i can goof off a bit. hoping to use some of my long service leave soon when it unlocks next month (should be about seven weeks worth).

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

good for you, my dude.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

get a room you two

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

buddy Beep is outta both our leagues

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

KidDynamite posted:

c house s: if you have a 5ft shelf is it better to have brackets at 16-32-48 and on studs rather than at 3-30-57 and only the middle bracket on a stud?

i guess the ends of the shelves will be compromised with the first config. but i don't feel great about only one bracket on a stud in the second.

love to have studs at 11 1/4"- 19 1/4" - 35 1/4"

carpentry is my passion.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

KidDynamite posted:

this won't answer your specific question directly, but you should be able to figure it out from here. the strongest way to attach it would be at least two brackets, and the optimal placement along the board is ~20% across the span. really it's more like 22% but that's close enough and the measurements are much simpler. so if you attach the supports along the 60 inch, 5 ft span at as close to 1 ft, then another at 4 ft, that would be about optimal. tl/ dr the first choice.

also, might want to run the shelf thickness through a sagulator calculator, check for the shelf sag. depending on how heavy the items it's for are, you might need to reinforce it. if it's for example, a bunch of heavy books you want about 1 1/4" or more

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Pile Of Garbage posted:

buddy Beep is outta both our leagues

it’s okay. i just learn to roll w/it

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i saw Kalamazoo on the local weather map while i was in Chicago and it made me remember president beep

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

did you see me waving?

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
cjs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmQJnanKxI4

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
just woke up from the third nap of the day.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Silver Alicorn posted:

healing is v tiring work, sleep when your body tells you you need to

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

only my second, though today is a sick day so back to nap i go

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

quiggy posted:

healing is v tiring work, sleep when your body tells you you need to

i'd never be awake again

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

graph posted:

two big upsets yesterday led to 99.88% of brackets being instantly vaporized lol

Lol

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

graph posted:

i had oral roberts going the entire way :eng99:

go kent don't get vaporized

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

i had oral roberts going the entire way :eng99:

yeah oral roberts is really low on the list if you're interested in going all the way

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

third base is pretty good all things considering

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i ordered a fancy pad for a bunch of macros and poo poo for my stupid video game

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

i have a ton of arcade sticks and game specific perhipherals too

is it nethack? dwarf fortress?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

you've stepped on a landmine

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Share Bear posted:

i have a ton of arcade sticks and game specific perhipherals too

is it nethack? dwarf fortress?

daoc (ancient mmo that still has the best pvp ever)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
despite its age, You Can Pet The Cat In It