Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
friends and neighbors, it gives me great joy to announce the commencement of another weekend!!

[no splash image, im phoneposting]

this week has been d r a g g i n g so im super happy to see it be done.

Mostly kid stuff this weekend for me, maybe gonna do an art idk.

what y’all gettin up to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
got tricked into doing another full day of work in the office but im home now and the pjs are on and the women's quarterfinals tennis match is on and

its time for a nap in about 10 minutes

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
im gonna eat a burger and take another nap. this week has been terrible for me

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

hopefully gonna meet my newborn niece tonight

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Thank you, Rotor :)
Weekend ahead is looking relaxed and lazy and I'm so stoked.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the weekend!

i've a few things going on, but it looks like strange weather is about to grace my doorstep again. rain from saturday morning through wednesday, forcing yet another indoors weekend

i suppose i could squeeze a long walk in before it is forecasted to rain, but last weekend we received a spate of hail too

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
my sister is in town with my niece and my nephew so mini logins got to eat pizza and play with them for st. paddy's day. my niece's birthday was this week so she's having her party in town tomorrow at their hotel, specifically the pool. mini is stoked

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

corned beef and whiskey for dinner tonight goons

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
continuing the kid birthday trend, got my niece’s 3rd birthday party tomorrow and my son’s 1st birthday party on sunday. right now i’m watching rolie polie olie with my daughter and hoping to sneak in a recliner nap before my wife gives me a list of chores

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
burgin' successful

lets see if nap is incoming

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

got home from vacation. i may post vacation pics here

Video Nasty posted:

Thank you, Rotor :)
Weekend ahead is looking relaxed and lazy and I'm so stoked.

he goes by throtor now

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Finally throater sobers up enough to open the thread. Look at my beef

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I'm gonna reduce the cooking liquid into a sauce. Also gonna boil some potatoes(earth apples) in the beef water and smash them and brown em up. And just boil some cabbage so i can torture my gf :fart:

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Such a relief to get to the Week End. I actually feel pretty good.

3 hour (!) ski lesson tomorrow and then gonna make some smash burgers in the evening and watch the ski racing finals.

Marcie was very good and just chilled out on the centre console of the car all the way up to the mountains.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

PokeJoe posted:

I'm gonna reduce the cooking liquid into a sauce. Also gonna boil some potatoes(earth apples) in the beef water and smash them and brown em up. And just boil some cabbage so i can torture my gf :fart:

i just tossed my veg into the water after a few hours but also its just a store bought brisket

turned out well anyway

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i have professional development to do. this is the 4th saturday or so I have given to it, all prior ones have resulted in no work. I spend most of the time wishing for other things (like to be dead lol) rather than getting the work done. lmao echi you really do suck

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

i just tossed my veg into the water after a few hours but also its just a store bought brisket

turned out well anyway

i usually do that but i want to do it ~fancier~ this time

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
happy weekend everyone :) I’m convalescing on pain meds

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

echinopsis posted:

i have professional development to do. this is the 4th saturday or so I have given to it, all prior ones have resulted in no work. I spend most of the time wishing for other things (like to be dead lol) rather than getting the work done. lmao echi you really do suck

let me give you a embarissing adhd lifehack

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7084767891656117550

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

echinopsis posted:

did you get anywhere with an ADHD evaluation? this is executive dysfunction.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

hooray weekend :toot: gonna go check out the local flea market tomorrow, and I got apartment cleaning & reorganizing to stop putting off

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

echinopsis posted:

Right click on your professional development and "go to work" bitch

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

knox_harrington posted:

did you get anywhere with an ADHD evaluation? this is executive dysfunction.

yeah lol and guess what the answer is

I actually did email the most promising clinic and they said yeah we have an intake in a few months and gave me a list of 13 other places to contact, and the process of sending this email and getting a response unfortunately satiated a large chunk of that drive. lol. emailing all these places and getting a appt is literally at the top of my list. my partner even said she’d pay for one of the pricier ones for me, which should mean shorter wait list, which is good.. but I still need to send off miore emails! echi you god forsaken clown

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Silver Alicorn posted:

happy weekend everyone :) I’m convalescing on pain meds

wow what whatever happened make sure you are getting enough protein and fiber

nuts and figs are a good start

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

Right click on your professional development and "go to work" bitch

as I am sure you’re familiar with this issue, the biggest issue is that the direction forward is vague.

BUT I AM GOING TO DI SOME RIGHR NIW

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

My gf has continuing education/professional development requirements too. Her secret is to find the "free" online ones that you just have to sign in and attend. She watches them on the couch smoking weed. Try that

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

What's the topic? Who cares, the topic is getting the hours in as long as it's vaugely relevant.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

wow what whatever happened make sure you are getting enough protein and fiber

nuts and figs are a good start

I got gender affirming surgery :)))) my partner is feeding me salads

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Silver Alicorn posted:

oh hey congrats :)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Silver Alicorn posted:

Hell yeah big step friend hope your recovery goes well :hfive:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Silver Alicorn posted:

very nice! especially the getting fed part while you lay around

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

mini school reunion tomorrow. not an actual reunion because those sound like a living hell, just me and my best friend meeting up with 3 other friends we haven't seen for ~25 years

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

echinopsis posted:

yeah lol and guess what the answer is

I actually did email the most promising clinic and they said yeah we have an intake in a few months and gave me a list of 13 other places to contact, and the process of sending this email and getting a response unfortunately satiated a large chunk of that drive. lol. emailing all these places and getting a appt is literally at the top of my list. my partner even said she’d pay for one of the pricier ones for me, which should mean shorter wait list, which is good.. but I still need to send off miore emails! echi you god forsaken clown

pretty zesty levels of irony in having to work through a big admin burden to get told you have a disorder that prevents you doing admin

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

w00t got home, new 3d printer pen got delivered, ima play with it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

My gf has continuing education/professional development requirements too. Her secret is to find the "free" online ones that you just have to sign in and attend. She watches them on the couch smoking weed. Try that

if it was just “doing work” like that it wouldn’t be so bad, the challenging ones are like self reflection, and culturally safe work practices.

the older format was as you described and back then I’d get paid $100 to go to a meeting that would take an hour and a half and it’d meet some requirements and so it was easy as to meet them. I do not feel good about these ones

But I bought myself 3 big cans of red bull and am about to start the first

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

but first i gotta put away the dishes :negative:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

but before that i gotta make some tea :sicknasty:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

knox_harrington posted:

pretty zesty levels of irony in having to work through a big admin burden to get told you have a disorder that prevents you doing admin

tbf she was just being helpful by giving me lots of alternatives, but yeah giving me more options also just means more to think about.

I need to suck it up and just do it though lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rotor posted:

but before that i gotta make some tea :sicknasty:

sick adulting bruv