Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

nudgenudgetilt posted:

just got high and ordered some jamaican patties thanks to this thread

gently caress it's been so long since i've had a patty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
i went to visit my wife in the US and we smoked weed and american weed is so hosed up i kept being zonked after two tiny puffs while she kept inhaling a loving hindenburg of vapor. so emasculating

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

i used to get high and play the nonviolent musical platform game tranquility and eat neko wafers with hot apple cider

that's my yospos weed story

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/checkystomper88/status/1626548322575040514?s=20

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
xposting

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

don’t smoke weed imo

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

great. the trolls showed up :rolleyes:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

when I posted that I had never heard of a weed college but the joke idea came into my head so I searched for cannabis university and of course there was actually one

even has a serif font and everything

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
don’t smoke weed. :eng99:

vape it! :eng101:

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
i don’t smoke anymore

i don’t smoke any less either :2bong:

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

git apologist posted:

don’t smoke weed imo

agreed, only vape the finest hash rosin or full melt dry sift

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
would be really nice if I could do weed without severe anxiety/depression about now

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Silver Alicorn posted:

would be really nice if I could do weed without severe anxiety/depression about now

do opiates first it makes weed tolerable

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
a joint covered in opium is pretty chill I think, I was drunk at the time

JustFollowingOrder
Mar 3, 2023

by vyelkin

echinopsis posted:

music enhancement

JustFollowingOrder
Mar 3, 2023

by vyelkin

echinopsis posted:

weed is kinda passé now

weed

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

back when weed was illegal, it was the perfect tool for making friends at bars or bonding with colleagues

now that it's legal, it sucks for both these things

JustFollowingOrder
Mar 3, 2023

by vyelkin
better than weed cannabis, better than alcohol alcohol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

wheade

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Silver Alicorn posted:

I smoke really really potent stuff, and get the anxiety sometimes. the trick is to remember "oh yeah, I put aside time to smoke weed, everything is safe and okay, I'm just really high"

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the anxiety generated by cannabis is definitely a state of consciousness feeling that leads to anxious thoughts, even if you can accept that the thoughts aren’t true or whatever that vibe is still present

it increasingly becomes not worth it and we no longer have to pretend it’s no big deal

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I smoke really really potent stuff, and get the anxiety sometimes. the trick is to remember "oh yeah, I put aside time to smoke weed, everything is safe and okay, I'm just really high"

what if I already feel this way tho? will weed make it worse or horseshoe theory into the good zone?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

President Beep posted:

what if I already feel this way tho? will weed make it worse or horseshoe theory into the good zone?

I have severe anxiety and smoking weed really helps. just don't smoke for escapism

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
weed isn't something like coffee or energy drinks. get all your poo poo done and it's time to relax and smoke. all your poo poo is done. I dunno how people can get high at work, I've never done that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BtHxTZrqpk

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
take your bra off, take your socks off, get on the couch and smoke some weed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8f5t1cb_qA

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

echinopsis posted:

the anxiety generated by cannabis is definitely a state of consciousness feeling that leads to anxious thoughts, even if you can accept that the thoughts aren’t true or whatever that vibe is still present

it increasingly becomes not worth it and we no longer have to pretend it’s no big deal

:yeah:

i’ve had some good times on weed but these days it’s a one way ticket to anxiety and depression town and i don’t need that poo poo

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

git apologist posted:

i’ve had some good times on weed but these days it’s a one way ticket to anxiety and depression town and i don’t need that poo poo

it's because when you smoke you have time to think of everything you've done

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
keep drinking coffee and red bull you have poo poo to do, keep doing that poo poo

no don't smoke weed and reflect on yourself and your life, you have work to do

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

all my negative self thoughts get amplified on weed so the only time I can enjoy myself is if I’ve had an exceptionally good past few weeks or months but that’s pretty rare

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

polyester concept posted:

all my negative self thoughts get amplified on weed so the only time I can enjoy myself is if I’ve had an exceptionally good past few weeks or months but that’s pretty rare

self reflection is bad

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

smoka is famous for her clear-eyed understanding of her own issues and empathy, it's true

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

the upside is that i feel way more empathetic so i make promises to do better at xyz and sometimes i follow through when sober

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Achmed Jones posted:

smoka is famous for her clear-eyed understanding of her own issues and empathy, it's true

this forum is a ghost and not a true representation of anyone posting. also thanks for not misgendering me

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

SmokaDustbowl posted:

it's because when you smoke you have time to think of everything you've done

cool just like at bedtime

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

President Beep posted:

cool just like at bedtime

yeah, but more intense lol

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
getting stoned and doing some chores

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
i'd get more chores done if i still smoked, because you feel guilty for being high, instead i'm sober and just doom scroll

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Perplx posted:

i'd get more chores done if i still smoked, because you feel guilty for being high, instead i'm sober and just doom scroll

getting high and mowing the lawn on a zero turn is loving zen

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

the two probs for me with weed I guess were

a) i am already big self reflective to the point it contributes to my MDD in a big way, and weed puts it into overdrive. It took me years to find the right fixes but venlafaxine, a bit of exercise, and some cognitive training seems to keep it well managed

b) in my smoke most days days I hung out with a bunch of snippy assholes who would act like insane bitches trying to get more weed, despite having no job or money. so the connotations are quite bad. stopping hanging out with them was a big life enhancement

anyways just do whatever ur into, idc. i wish i could enjoy weed (i have had some real good times) but on balance it just ain’t worth it

hope you enjoyed yospos opinion #2747738

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i think you got lost

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4014137&pagenumber=10&perpage=40