Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Its a Rolex
Jan 23, 2023

Hey, posting is posting. You emptyquote, I turn my monitor on; what's the difference?
sekiro was more fun to play than elden ring, and i thought its difficulty was more interesting. elden ring i got real tired of by the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

maybe gaben should stop collecting knifes and put some drat conditioner in that hair

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I emailed gaben one time and he replied to me, I wonder if he still reads his emails

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
imagine getting e-mail from a goon

he cant be worse than notch these days anyway

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I emailed gaben one time and he replied to me, I wonder if he still reads his emails

what did u ask

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

PokeJoe posted:

what did u ask

I forget it was ages ago

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I remember cliff blesinski used to post in YCS and he told me to gently caress off rofl

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I used to post in FYAD a bit when it was cool too. god I'm old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbyvkZkbwyk

SmokaDustbowl fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Mar 18, 2023

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I liked (but didn't love like a lot of folks) Jedi Fallen Order, but if you want some Star Wars based Souls-lite, you can't argue with 90% off

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1172380/STAR_WARS_Jedi_Fallen_Order/

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Its a Rolex posted:

sekiro was more fun to play than elden ring, and i thought its difficulty was more interesting. elden ring i got real tired of by the end

im on the last boss of elden ring and i just cant be bothered
sekiro i could play all day

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I think “like” is the majority reaction to fallen order, everyone is pleasantly surprised when a Star Wars game doesn’t outright blow but it’s still got some annoyances

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I thought it was bad

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

i enjoyed it enough im looking forward to the new one, it was jank but pretty fun

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

oh no blimp issue posted:

im on the last boss of elden ring and i just cant be bothered
sekiro i could play all day

Imo the middle of the 3 final elden ring bosses is the only good one. I wish they'd made that one the climax and cut the others

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

oh no blimp issue posted:

i enjoyed it enough im looking forward to the new one, it was jank but pretty fun

this sums up my feelings on it as well

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/stephentotilo/status/1636829826811035648?s=46&t=R0J6gZ9IVIuVqJ6bAd5VsQ

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

rip sylens

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
rip a lot of beloved characters

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i tried playing destiny and it had terrible halo floaty movement and terrible bullet sponge enemies. did they ever fix either of those?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Truman Peyote posted:

i picked up dead cells on sale. not really clicking with me so far.
i kept bouncing off it but i recently found futzing around in the assist mode menu got it to play better for my taste

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Shaggar posted:

i tried playing destiny and it had terrible halo floaty movement and terrible bullet sponge enemies. did they ever fix either of those?
if those are your complaints then no, it hasn't improved

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Shaggar posted:

both of those issues are kinda tied to the core concept of "halo-like mmo shooter"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
bummer

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
the same company renowned for making halo and the tight halo shooting mechanics, made a new ip with identically excellent gun play :aaaaa:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
halo was very bad and not what i would call tight at all

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

Elder Postsman posted:

i bought dishonored 2 and started playing it a bit this afternoon. it's pretty good so far!

Both Dishonoreds and Prey are available in a Playstation Store bundle for $25-ish and I just picked them up; I love some immersive sims but never got to any of these so I'm excited

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Shaggar posted:

halo was very bad and not what i would call tight at all

:chloe:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its probably different if you're a console user and dont have much to compare to

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Dijkstracula posted:

Both Dishonoreds and Prey are available in a Playstation Store bundle for $25-ish and I just picked them up; I love some immersive sims but never got to any of these so I'm excited

They're very good, Dishonoreds DLC is good and will explain nuance of dishonored 2 but not required (to play 2). Dishonored 2s DLC was also v good but kind of a standalone thing

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

shaggar'd

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Shaggar posted:

its probably different if you're a console user and dont have much to compare to

I mean this is kinda the point, halo was the first console shooter to really nail feeling good. part of why it works is precisely because it doesn't feel like older pc shooters but instead like its own thing

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Shaggar posted:

i like the shooting and movement in des2ny but only by virtue of KB&M - i tried some halo or another a year ago with controller and it sucked rear end

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

was damned impressive on the og xbox, though

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

decided to give dome keeper a shot last night, then came-to about three hours later.

oddly the game seems to be less fun/interesting as you unlock features :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i have been playing Boneraiser Minions for a few days. fun take on the VS-like genre (do we have a name for these yet?), being a necromancer kicks rear end and i'm into the 8-bit visuals & music

dev sure seems to enjoy bone and bone-adjacent innuendo a lot, for better or worse

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Elder Postsman posted:

i bought dishonored 2 and started playing it a bit this afternoon. it's pretty good so far!
hell yeah.

too bad they put an extra click for every single goddamn thing you wanna do in the UI

Its a Rolex
Jan 23, 2023

Hey, posting is posting. You emptyquote, I turn my monitor on; what's the difference?
drat kinda wanna replay dishonored now. but i also have prey and ive never played it

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
yeah prey is probably next on my list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

prey rules, dishonored rules, arkane studios good