Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Beeftweeter posted:

what happened to the art style? the last time i read it they looked, well, like cartoons, but fine enough

now they just look feral

Yeah he’s played around with different styles, idk I think it’s good for what it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

ADINSX posted:

Yeah he’s played around with different styles, idk I think it’s good for what it is

yeah i was hitting the randomize button and it seems to have been a steady progression. even around like 2005 it looks visibly different from 2003, which looks different from 2001, etc.

i'm genuinely curious though. does he still talk about the production process? if so, did he ever mention this?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the best web comic is the one about flying the scout in starsiege tribes

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Beeftweeter posted:

like seriously wtf

some comic artists hyper-stylize their art over time and it becomes ugly.

there was another one of those "two guys on a couch play video games" comics that i can't remember the title of. but it had a big beefy blonde guy, a skinny brown haired guy, and a girl in a gray and pink hoodie. as the art got more cartoony and exaggerated over the years, the girl's hoodie zipper kept growing larger and larger, until it was the size of a necktie.

i don't know why i remember this.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it was fanboys-online.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
their hair is like twice the size of their skulls

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Shaggar posted:

the best web comic is the one about flying the scout in starsiege tribes

True dat

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

I also used to browse pvp archives from the early aughts for the nostalgia factor but he’s paywalled it now

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i remember liking ctrl+alt+del, but wtf tim. wtf.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

ADINSX posted:

True dat

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sagebrush posted:

there was another one of those "two guys on a couch play video games" comics that i can't remember the title of. but it had a big beefy blonde guy, a skinny brown haired guy, and a girl in a gray and pink hoodie. as the art got more cartoony and exaggerated over the years, the girl's hoodie zipper kept growing larger and larger, until it was the size of a necktie.

day by day

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

ADINSX posted:

I still read penny arcade, it’s my shameful secret now made public

:pwn:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

graph posted:

day by day

nah, it was fanboys. the site is dead? but i found an archive of it

earlier

later

still later

though in this case the art also got better, while penny-arcade is getting uglier.

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
Weirdly, I see loss memes from time to time, posted by people who were probably like 3 years old tops when that storyline was published on Ctrl alt del.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Poopernickel posted:

Weirdly, I see loss memes from time to time, posted by people who were probably like 3 years old tops when that storyline was published on Ctrl alt del.

this may surprise you, writing means anyone can see it. even if they werent there at the time

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
nonsense

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

President Beep posted:

remember lego robot and then lego made it not be called that anymore? lol

That guy got perma'd for being a pedo.

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

fart simpson posted:

this may surprise you, writing means anyone can see it. even if they werent there at the time

galaxy brain dot tiff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I hope WHOMP! Ronnie is doing OK, he dropped off last year and hasn't updated in forever.

I still have a bookmark folder of WebComics I open in a new page occasionally, but yeah over half of them are dead or a handful of updates a year. QC Jeph is still ongoing, bless him - just hit 5000 comics. PA as mentioned never changes apart from the art getting more outré. OGLAF is always fun to see what they'll come up with next.