Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

infernal machines posted:

someone go find philippe and tell him we have found the saddest thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
lol they have two kids together

what garbage people

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

gotta imagine this means Grimes gave Musk kids in exchange for going to Mars

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

MononcQc posted:

gotta imagine this means Grimes gave Musk kids in exchange for going to Mars

lol she got scammed

hope he pays alimony or something

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i think grimes is rich-person-sheltered and dumb but i don't have any reason to think she's actually horrible. insufferable, certainly, but not malicious

mystes
May 31, 2006

same and I don't really like this thread going after grimes because I don't think she deserves it in the way Musk does merely because of having been foolish enough to be in a relationship with him

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

I cringed so hard I think I sprained something.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Achmed Jones posted:

i think grimes is rich-person-sheltered and dumb but i don't have any reason to think she's actually horrible. insufferable, certainly, but not malicious

i don't think she's malicious, and i think she tries to be a decent person, she just severely lacks awareness. making fun of her for being an idiot is fair game imo because she likes to play intellectual

...which is fine, we all do this here. but she very obviously has no idea what she's talking about

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
post the hobo cosplay

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
https://startribune.com/this-boat-don-t-float/49134952/

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

she also nearly died because she only ate spaghetti for over a year

she is not a smart lady lol

mystes
May 31, 2006

Aside from her association with Musk why is it okay to mock people for having eating disorders or whatever

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

so people with actual eating disorders are probably not gonna see themselves in that. comparing them is kind of hosed up imo

i mean maybe she did have an earring disorders it's possible. but all signs point to it just being a near-terminal case of dumbassery

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

it turns out not everything has to be pathologized

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

she's an idiot, but she knows what game she's playing. nobody is forcing her to use musky's platform or reply to musky's tweets.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Beeftweeter posted:

she also nearly died because she only ate spaghetti for over a year

she is not a smart lady lol

i think in her case it’s 0 wisdom that’s a problem

mystes
May 31, 2006

so the argument is that she's just not intelligent, rather than having an eating disorder, and therefore it's okay to mock her

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

was morgan spurlock's activef decision to eat only mcdonald's in exchange for fame an eating disorder?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

mystes posted:

so the argument is that she's just not intelligent, rather than having an eating disorder, and therefore it's okay to mock her

Yes

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

nudgenudgetilt posted:

was morgan spurlock's activef decision to eat only mcdonald's in exchange for fame an eating disorder?

no that was alcoholism

as Wikipedia do diplomatically notes:

quote:

He was of above average health and fitness when he started the project; he gained 25 pounds (11 kg), became quite puffy, and suffered liver dysfunction and depression by the end. Spurlock's supervising physicians noted the effects caused by his high-calorie diet—once even comparing it to a case of severe binge alcoholism. Following Spurlock's December 2017 assertion that he hadn't been "sober for more than a week" in three decades, the claims of his liver dysfunction being caused by eating McDonald's food solely for 30 days have been called into question.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

mystes posted:

Aside from her association with Musk why is it okay to mock people for having eating disorders or whatever

she does not have an eating disorder (related to that, anyway). she did it because she thought it would be a vegan diet

https://www.yahoo.com/video/grimes-shares-her-horrifying-diet-140037573.html

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

mystes posted:

also lmao she does not have an intellectual disability if that's what you're getting at

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Musk is so loving awful it does reflect extremely badly on Grimes that she was in a long relationship with him.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Wasnt there also some interview or tweet where she was like clockwork oranging her newborn with some horrible movie?

That seemed mildly evil to me and definitely child abuse.

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

infernal machines posted:

ars profiles the cuts at twitter, and who's behind them

turns out there's actually a collection of shitlords running musk ventures

the article posted:

Among the more than 200 staffers culled were founders of start-ups that Twitter had bought before Musk’s takeover, and to whom the company will now owe substantial compensation packages.

These included Esther Crawford, Twitter’s former director of product management who had initially been tasked with leading Musk’s vision of allowing payments through the platform

Lol bet she feels great about defending him now.

It reminds me of something GB Trudeau (doonesbury guy) posted about trump in 2016 where he was like "The thing these people that love trump don't understand: He doesn't love them back"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

mystes posted:

same and I don't really like this thread going after grimes because I don't think she deserves it in the way Musk does merely because of having been foolish enough to be in a relationship with him

she supported his union busting and i would be surprised if she isn't equally as racist as him

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

knox_harrington posted:

Musk is so loving awful it does reflect extremely badly on Grimes that she was in a long relationship with him.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I had some interaction with grimes years back online and she was not nice fy

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

hobbesmaster posted:

if you must know it’s this a lot of people dragging this thread (hopefully I’m breaking the auto inline)

https://twitter.com/rbalticstates/status/1636278776098168833?s=46&t=TBi_iSImUmzjTxXAKsMEHw

literally this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvgZtdmyKlI

has english subtitles

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

i know some of grimes family and they do not have nice things to say about her

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Grimes also smells like a roll of quarters

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

she supported his union busting and i would be surprised if she isn't equally as racist as him

don't forget her posts about The Jews

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

FuturePastNow posted:

nickels

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

FuturePastNow posted:

dimes

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

nickels, sorry

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

it was definitely nickels

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/1420822651442921472

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lol look at her twitter. suggesting grimes has a disability is insulting to people with disabilities

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

speaking of grimes, she "designed" this along with noted hitler enthusiast ye

https://twitter.com/transitlanta/status/1636921104282296322

https://twitter.com/transitlanta/status/1636921675517157376

e: reminder ftw that kanye west legally changed his name to "ye"

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Mar 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

"snailbrook" looks and sounds like a richard scarry re-imagining of a dickensian prison