Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
im thinking i should move somewhere closer to chicago to help with my professional video games career. I think its the lag holding me back. Chicago is where most game servers are hosted so I'd get much better latency. But obviously I need to be in a state with no income tax, low property tax and affordable housing and Tennessee has all of that I think.
Portland is mostly okay, but my seasonal affective disorder doesn't like it.

I know it gets hot there, but after a year in nevada it cant be that bad.

What's the difference between knoxville and nashville?
Does it matter which city you choose.

Do they have the cool southern accent over there?

Tell me about your Tennessee living experiences

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

their whiskey sucks

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Ur the only ten I see heh heh

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Chattanooga has insanely fast internet

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Every time I hear “faster internet” I’m just like, yyyyeeah “slower than instant, slower than the switch”. Nashville sounds cool tho. :hmmyes:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Methanar posted:

Tell me about your Tennessee living experiences
I have none. what a stupid thread! what on earth gave you the idea I ever lived in tennessee? do better.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I’ve heard George straight lives there and he’s alive and well

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

I heard they have public transit there, you wouldn't like it

why don't you go throw yourself into a hole

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Methanar is on the move again!

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
What kind of video games do you play OP

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
have you considered Vancouver?

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I moved to near Tennessee (Georgia) and I do a whole lot more mountain biking than I used to, that's fun. Do some of that.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

All of Tennessee has super fast T1 internet speed

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

LEVON HELM DID AN OWNAGE VERSION OF TENNESSEE JED!!! THATS ALL I KNOW

https://youtu.be/yxlHzUA6D7I

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

cubicle gangster posted:

I moved to near Tennessee (Georgia) and I do a whole lot more mountain biking than I used to, that's fun. Do some of that.

Kickass.

Is Tennessee just a better version of Georgia ?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Private Cumshoe posted:

have you considered Vancouver?

I'm in Vancouver rn 😎

it's okay but the rain and clouds are making me sad.

Methanar fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Mar 18, 2023

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I think I want to try a southern state. But like real southern not fake southern like Las vegas

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Poohs Packin posted:

Methanar is on the move again!

The train has no brakes!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Tennessee is great if you like guns, racism, restricted rights for anyone who isn’t a cishet white male, and being able to marry children op

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
If it's anything like my home state of Kentucky, it's an insanely pretty landscape but everyone's dead from opioids.

Maybe the corpses feed the land real well or something.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Tennessee is great if you like guns, racism, restricted rights for anyone who isn’t a cishet white male, and being able to marry children op

methanar will fit right in

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

that sounds like a pretty unfair opinion and not representative of knoxville or nashville

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Nashville is the big drunk broad capital of a state known for big drunk broads.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I live in california and I get black peoples internet, which is slower than dialup. The dark web :airquote: if you will.. 30 minute page loads sometimes.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

OP, you would always be thought of as "that dang ol' gamer boy from the North." But if you can catch an alligator barehanded, or roll a cigarette one-handed, or skull a quart of moonshine, or do funny tricks with your penis and scrotum, you will impress the locals. If you swing that way and have a huge schlong you'll impress the women particularly, but watch you don't end up at a shotgun wedding with the guns pointed at you. Somewhat unrelated: if you're colored or Jewish, don't go there, for your own safety.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Move to Dollywood and live the American dream

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Lord, I've really been real stressed, down and out, losing ground
Although I am black and proud, problems got me pessimistic
Brothers and sisters keep messin' up, why does it have to be so drat tuff?
I don't know where I can go to let these ghosts out of my skull
My grandma past, my brother's gone, I never at once felt so alone
I know you're supposed to be my steering wheel, not just my spare tire
(Home!) But Lord, I ask you
(Home!) to be my guiding force and truth
(Home!) For some strange reason it had to be
(Home!) he guided me to Tennessee

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i live in very rural tennessee op

it takes me 20 minutes to get to a grocery store, walmart is 30 minutes away, work is an hour

my internet for my home is a 5g little cube from verizon because there are no isps that provide where i live

i wont drink water from the faucet because there is so much lime in the well water that i have to clean the lime out of my water heater every year

the "town" consists of a dollar store, a small chain pizza place, and a gas station. to buy gas you have to go inside because they don't have card readers at the pump, the pumps themselves still have the old rotary style display instead of digital. everyone waves when passing each other while driving. if you drive by someone in their yard they will wave.

i live on a 30 acre farm, i have around 30 chickens, 15 pigs, and 3 goats, and a cat named charlie. i usually come home from work and the neighbors dog is on my porch and i give him cheese and lunchmeat because he's a good dog

the neighbors that own the dog are like 6 twenty year olds that live in a double wide trailer. they used have little kids roaming around but i guess child protective services took them away because i haven't seen them in a year or so

my house was built in 1920s, i just installed a propane heater last year. until then my heat was provided entirely by wood stove but i got tired of cutting down trees and busting wood every year.

i live on 30 acres but i can walk on about 10 miles on the east side of my property before I encounter another house

i probably wouldn't move to small town in tennessee given the chance op

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Pimpcasso posted:

i live on a 30 acre farm, i have around 30 chickens, 15 pigs, and 3 goats, and a cat named charlie. i usually come home from work and the neighbors dog is on my porch and i give him cheese and lunchmeat because he's a good dog

This part is pretty baller, though. Sending all your good animals scritchin' vibes.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Das Boo posted:

This part is pretty baller, though. Sending all your good animals scritchin' vibes.

i got hosed on the little pigs. i took two from someone that was moving. one was pregnant. it's kind of like having 15 gross but always happy dogs.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Maybe you should set some roots down somewhere, make some actual friends, maybe meet a girl and lose your virginity. Probably won't be possible with your horrible personality though.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

These are pretty much the reasons i moved away from Tennessee.
East tennessee is beautiful, tons of outdoor stuff to do.
You CAN find cool people especially if you're moving to a bigger city. Not everyone is a slack jawed yokel. Not everyone is white (something i actually miss, especially knoxville being a college town, there's tons of diversity)
The heat... it's different than out west. The summers can be rough. Extreme humidity. Sometimes there are tornados in the spring (not big ones though)
Knoxville vs nashville, different vibes, i would say knoxville is a little more quirky and Nashville is more fancy but also country. I loved living in knoxville so I'm a little biased but i visited Nashville.
Yes they have the accent to the point where you may find more rural people kind of hard to understand.
Is a very landlocked state so if you like the beach its a pain in the rear end to go. But there are tons of lakes.
I can't speak to west Tennessee because i never really went to Memphis. Good barbecue?
Southern food rules but it's quite unhealthy.
Cost of living is low in general.
The roads suck because nobody pays any taxes.
And yeah overall Tennessee ain't a bad place to live but just like anywhere else, there's good and bad aspects to it.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Im in Florida....everything really sucks down here.

Tenessee though. I hear thats the promised land of the south. There is tell around the various trailer courts where I am that in Tenesee there is plenty of asian massage parlors and the sausage gravy flows straight from the abcesses you will get when you inevitably start shooting oxy.

The other awesome thing about tenessee is no one will look funny at you for picking up dead animals on the side of the road. Everyone's gotta eat right?

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

ManBoyChef posted:

The other awesome thing about tenessee is no one will look funny at you for picking up dead animals on the side of the road. Everyone's gotta eat right?

Lol i remember when they passed this law, everyone was like wtf

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
also op, knoxville and nashville are the two most expensive places you could move to in tennessee right now due to how quick they are growing and the lack of available housing

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

ManBoyChef posted:

It's pretty hosed. Even if you think you've clocked someone as fairly decent and safe to talk to, they'll still suddenly say or do something shockingly racist, misogynistic, homophobic or transphobic like it's nothing. I feel like I can't let my guard down, I have to be careful in what I say and every year the news and what's going on gets less and less a safe topic. Also it's weirdly creepy how many people here hate California who have never left Tennessee. Lots of thin blue line poo poo.

Funny about the roadkill law, my school bus driver would stop and pick it up all the time. Not to eat, but to train his hunting beagles. It didn't even occur to me when it was first passed that people would be eating the roadkill.

I've not always lived in Tennessee and really, the only thing I missed were the thunderstorms and the abundant choices in radio stations.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
You can eat roadkill in any state as long as you don't get caught

I've only driven through Tennessee once, ended up in North Carolina

It was pretty though

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The Shoney’s in Gatlinburg is on point. They had little plastic gloves for the breakfast buffet during Covid.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I moved from australia to Knoxville 25 years ago for three years and i thought it sucked poo poo, everyone was fat and gross and all the restaurant were garbage chains and it seemed like the only modicum of culture that existed there was college football. Maybe its better now I dunno. Also i was 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Methanar you should move to Japan loool hahahahahaha lmao