Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

smoke weed every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

no thanks

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SmokaDustbowl posted:

it's because when you smoke you have time to think of everything you've done

lol how about you don't try to tell people that their experience of the drug is wrong and that you actually know what's going on in their mind

cannabis, for me at least, increasingly generates a "vibe" in consciousness, that lasts for 5-10 mins at the start of a new high session. initially I would have described it as similar to guilt. the feeling that is associated with having done something wrong or being caught or whatever. someone then once told me that anxiety can feel like guilt, and regardless of the word we use, we are talking about the feeling that is generally associated with anxious thought, but we are not talking about the thoughts themselves

this feeling present in consciousness, that is not pleasant, distinctly dysphoric, can lead to anxious thoughts, and yes you can learn to deal with them, and you can even learn to notice that this anxious feeling will die away soon, and that it is due to the cannabis, but until this feeling subsides, it is nonetheless real and present, and imo, increasingly not worth it

if I am doing something fun enough, I can be distracted long enough until it passes

or if I am dumb enough to hit the weed too hard during a trip, this anxious period at the start of being high can lead to some uncomfortable trip thoughts. its the only time during a trip I ever have thoughts that equate to "these are finally the thoughts that give you psychosis", and the paranoia and anxiety creates a series of very uncomfortable thoughts that feels like the start of a legit psychosis-lyfe train. trips without weed don't tend to do this

anyway. get high, but don't deny
a brothers concern for his anxiety and depression

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

no no. i insist.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

git apologist posted:

smoke weed every day

*nate dog busts into the thread*

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

SmokaDustbowl posted:

this forum is a ghost and not a true representation of anyone posting. also thanks for not misgendering me

posting is still real life, especially for tech workers, and this is also true for neets. this is why people get upset with you when you’re a stupid rear end in a top hat, like what got you banned recently

OldAlias fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Mar 18, 2023

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

echinopsis posted:

lol how about you don't try to tell people that their experience of the drug is wrong and that you actually know what's going on in their mind

cannabis, for me at least, increasingly generates a "vibe" in consciousness, that lasts for 5-10 mins at the start of a new high session. initially I would have described it as similar to guilt. the feeling that is associated with having done something wrong or being caught or whatever. someone then once told me that anxiety can feel like guilt, and regardless of the word we use, we are talking about the feeling that is generally associated with anxious thought, but we are not talking about the thoughts themselves

this feeling present in consciousness, that is not pleasant, distinctly dysphoric, can lead to anxious thoughts, and yes you can learn to deal with them, and you can even learn to notice that this anxious feeling will die away soon, and that it is due to the cannabis, but until this feeling subsides, it is nonetheless real and present, and imo, increasingly not worth it

if I am doing something fun enough, I can be distracted long enough until it passes

or if I am dumb enough to hit the weed too hard during a trip, this anxious period at the start of being high can lead to some uncomfortable trip thoughts. its the only time during a trip I ever have thoughts that equate to "these are finally the thoughts that give you psychosis", and the paranoia and anxiety creates a series of very uncomfortable thoughts that feels like the start of a legit psychosis-lyfe train. trips without weed don't tend to do this

anyway. get high, but don't deny
a brothers concern for his anxiety and depression

weed anxiety for me is entirely the ‘sensorial volume knob’ being turned way too loud, which is smth I already struggle with at a baseline. because of this it can do weird things like make pain hurt more for me, so it’s frustrating when ppl suggest it for everything. as I already mentioned I couldn’t enjoy it reliably without my other meds

OldAlias fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Mar 18, 2023

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
once when deep on some mescaline and acid I remembered I had some weed and then I asked my mind to focus only on the hallucinations and that very moment the hallucinations went into overdrive and I saw this bright light and it legit felt like a deity which was a new feeling and it lasted a minute or so but it was incredible

mescaline really is something else lol, but it did need the weed to kick it into actual transcending mortal concepts

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Do a good deed, Drop the weed.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Mary Jane ruins the brain.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Lions, and Tigers and Bears oh my… Drinking and Smoking and Drugs? Goodbye!

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Don’t Huff, Don’t Puff, Stay Away from that Stuff.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

no

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Roosevelt posted:

Mary Jane ruins the brain.

thank god

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Roosevelt posted:

Don’t Huff, Don’t Puff, Stay Away from that Stuff.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
i enjoy smoking weed

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Kuvo posted:

i enjoy smoking weed

watch out folks this one could snap at any minute

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
over time, I got to a place where I was eating a 10mg THC edible every night to fall asleep, sometimes paired up with a beer or two if I was feeling wild. Stayed there for probably 8 months, and realized that my sleep was crap and I was always tired and felt like poo poo all the time.

I used to have minor body panics sometimes, and I always had to remind myself not to trust my body's signals when I was stoned. No, that sensation of a heart attack isn't real. No, I didn't just break a filling without realizing it. No, I won't bite my tongue. Yes, I still know where it is in my month. Even though it has its own mind, maaan.

I stopped both of those things cold-turkey about a week ago now. The first few nights were loving horrible, but now I feel sharper than I have in a long time. I still haven't slept through the night like I used to do when I was younger, but I'm hopeful that will come back. I also hope my ability to remember stuff will come back too.

Poopernickel fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Mar 19, 2023

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
weed also gives me crazy heartburn for some reason that I never understood. (No it wasn't from chowing down on a bunch of snacks).

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Roosevelt posted:

Lions, and Tigers and Bears oh my… Drinking and Smoking and Drugs? Goodbye!

that scene in wolf of wall street when he tries crack

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
when I was in college circa 2005 or so, my buddies and I used to just get absolutely high as gently caress and play tabletop RPGs on Sunday morning/afternoons. Those were some of the funnest days of my life so I guess weed's not all bad :sweatdrop:

typical:

meet at ~11AM
go buy a couple of dominos pizzas and some cheap beer
pack the hookah with 4:1 shisha:weed and get after it

Poopernickel fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Mar 19, 2023

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

it's really neat how half the posts in the weed thread are people talking about how they hate weed

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

nudgenudgetilt posted:

it's really neat how half the posts in the weed thread are people talking about how they hate weed

this is a free vibe zone. please check your hangups and expectations at the door.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I don’t hate weed, it just doesn’t work right on me

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nudgenudgetilt posted:

i wish I could get high right now

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

visiting my father in law in NJ and the convenience store where I bought coffee just straight up had 1000mg indica vapes in the display case at the register. o brave new world

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

for me, weed is cool and fun and can also be a neat introspective tool. for some people, it is not cool and fun and not a neat introspective tool.

i would probably have better memory and some other stuff if i stopped smoking for a while, but i'm also going through weaning off of ambien after being on it for several years, and it kinda fuckin sucks, so i'd rather have my weed crutch to help deal with it!

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
wild partaking in basically any substance daily has affects you may not have expected and you may form a dependency

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
i prefer edibles tbh but sometimes its nice to have a vape for when you just wanna be high for like an hour hike or something.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Crow posted:

wild partaking in basically any substance daily has affects you may not have expected and you may form a dependency

I used to eat mushrooms like twice a week for a while

It seemed to be a lot more sustainable as far as my mental health went than when I would smoke weed often which would definitely affect my daily life

what I ak trying to say is to take nagix mushrooms

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i watched shrooms turn an old housemate into a trumper

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

nudgenudgetilt posted:

woah, sounds like a pretty bad trip. I usually only see patterns and textures and poo poo.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

nudgenudgetilt posted:

it probably wasn't the shrooms so much as latent trumpantcy hth

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Gnossiennes posted:

it probably wasn't the shrooms so much as latent trumpantcy hth

oh, no doubt. dude already had issues, but months of nonstop shrooms slowly exposed a real piece of poo poo

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
idk my first and only acid trip was horrible and its left scars on my brain, psychedelics can easily change you in unexpected ways. On the plus side im hyper sensitive to weed now so im a cheap date. Not sure if the trauma was worth it :raise:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

take it to the yospos shrooms thread!!!

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

first time i did mushrooms, we did the classic "hmm, not feeling anything, better eat more" and then we watched meet the feebles. it was something.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nudgenudgetilt posted:

oh, no doubt. dude already had issues, but months of nonstop shrooms slowly exposed a real piece of poo poo

yeah wow. does let you reprogram a bit. I think it needs a solid grounding

like a person very open minded to spirituality and a lack of awareness of how the world works could lead to someone believing some out of this world stuff

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

i wish i knew how to find them tbh. at the recommendation of my old psychiatrist, i tried getting into psilocybin trials for treatment-resistant depression, but never got accepted :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
who’s the person with the story about mushrooms and watching an infomercial about ladders