Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Destiny Guardians' and their Ghost is what I thought of first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Just show Tom Cruise doing some poo poo that should have gotten him killed, M:I marketing is so easy

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

That's a hell of a way to celebrate Bastille Day

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I love it.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

drat they are really hyping that jump. I’ve seen all of the prep stuff they put on YouTube and hope it’s still exciting in the Final Cut. It’s also apparently in the very beginning, so they better have some good stuff to follow lol

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I mean if you have the last action star willing to do poo poo like that? Put that on the poster. People knowing it's real just makes it that much cooler.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Nuts and Gum posted:

It’s also apparently in the very beginning, so they better have some good stuff to follow lol

It's what they did for Rogue Nation so I'm not worried.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Opening day.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Nuts and Gum posted:

drat they are really hyping that jump. I’ve seen all of the prep stuff they put on YouTube and hope it’s still exciting in the Final Cut. It’s also apparently in the very beginning, so they better have some good stuff to follow lol

He stabs his toe on the landing and the rest of the film is just him on the ground holding his foot in pain like that one family guy sketch.

Look I told them, don't get Macfarlane to write, he reuses jokes, there's plenty of other writers you can get, but nah they didn't listen. :(

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
"You got me the dude from Family Guy?! I wanted Spawn!!"

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

MI: Fallout was incredible and I'll happily see the next one at full price.

Regarding that series, I think the only bad one is 2 but I haven't seen it in like 20 years so maybe I'm wrong.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I did a rewatch last year and they mostly hold up, with the exception of 2 which is just a mess. Also it feels super dated, even more so than the first.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

MI: Fallout was incredible and I'll happily see the next one at full price.

Regarding that series, I think the only bad one is 2 but I haven't seen it in like 20 years so maybe I'm wrong.

I quite like MI:2 just because of how utterly confidently cheesy it is. Yes, there are loving doves chilling in this bunker just to enable a dramatic entrance, yes there's an extremely overdramatic slow-motion car drifting scene set to dramatic music, and of course yes they're out here jousting with loving motorcycles. It's just so absolutely late 90s in the best way :allears:

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Dougray Scott gave up the role of Wolverine for MI:2. That's why you've never heard of the name Dougray Scott outside of this post.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/hollywoodhandle/status/1635660299150794753?s=20

They wanted to make a chupacabra movie but didn't realize if you take away the cabra, it just means the succ

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

51% of the funding for the movie came from Chupa Chups, and their products feature prominently in the plot.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh, so it's an adaptation of Zool.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
It's about time. :colbert:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Perestroika posted:

I quite like MI:2 just because of how utterly confidently cheesy it is. Yes, there are loving doves chilling in this bunker just to enable a dramatic entrance, yes there's an extremely overdramatic slow-motion car drifting scene set to dramatic music, and of course yes they're out here jousting with loving motorcycles. It's just so absolutely late 90s in the best way :allears:

And somehow Limp Bizkit just completes it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

i got burned so bad by mi2 that i never watched another

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MI2 and 3 are both pretty weak, but every other film ranges from pretty drat good to incredible

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I really like 3. Hoffman is amazing.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mister Chief posted:

I really like 3. Hoffman is amazing.

I don't remember it very well, but the only thing I do remember was Hoffman being amazing as usually.

I feel like if you just watched an edit of only his scenes than there wouldn't be much need to watch the whole movie.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

After years of not watching 3 or later because I didn’t care at all about the first one, and what I saw of the second didn’t inspire me to watch more… yeah it’s way better than expected and PSH rules in it. Really enjoy 3 and then all the follow ups.

That new poster rules.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
I've seen MI3 several times but the only scenes I ever remember are the Hoffman scenes (and I guess Cruise flying sideways from a missle explosion). He's so great in that movie

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

drat, I really need to watch Musketeers Ⅰ and Ⅱ

poronty
Oct 19, 2006
a hung Aryan

She went a little overboard there with the sultry/cocky eyes and slid right into comatose

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

poronty posted:

She went a little overboard there with the sultry/cocky eyes and slid right into comatose

She's about to do the Boa Hancock looking down her nose pose

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Dougray Scott gave up the role of Wolverine for MI:2. That's why you've never heard of the name Dougray Scott outside of this post.

Person whose fiance hasn't made them watch Ever After three times in the past 8 years spotted

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

thiccabod posted:

Person whose fiance hasn't made them watch Ever After three times in the past 8 years spotted

Oh was that some Wolverine spin off? Too many drat superhero movies and tv shows I tell ya.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Waffleman_ posted:

They wanted to make a chupacabra movie but didn't realize if you take away the cabra, it just means the succ

I thought the abomination against nature was eating the kids arm and was wondering why the kid was so chilled with getting his arm eaten.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Not that "goat sucker" is any better.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Live action How To Train Your Dragon remake looking weird

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

When I first saw Knives Out, I thought I could sit through anything with Ana de Armas because :swoon:

Then Blonde came out. So one of you will have to tell me how this is I guess.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Is she playing Adam Scott or Craig Robinson's character?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Classic poster for a movie that impressed me for doing a lot with very little.