Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dk2m
May 6, 2009
How come stories on the internet of hauntins and ghosts and skinwalkers noticeably dropped off after like 2015. sa used to be in the forefront of hauntings and got teens to stab each other because of slenderman, what happened to the hauntings!

have hauntings stopped? have you been haunted recently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

dk2m posted:

How come stories on the internet of hauntins and ghosts and skinwalkers noticeably dropped off after like 2015. sa used to be in the forefront of hauntings and got teens to stab each other because of slenderman, what happened to the hauntings!

have hauntings stopped? have you been haunted recently?

We got better smartphone cameras

Also depression, humanity lost its spark

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
We grew up and stopped believing in made up nonsense

Well, some of us did

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
My grandma died in 2015 and i assume she told all the ghosts to stop horsing around

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
ghosts are real, but their essence is dissipated by wifi and cellphone signals, so you only get hauntings in areas with low coverage, which are getting fewer and further between. but those also tend to be areas with low populations, meaning there's less chance of there even being enough dead people to haunt, and on top of that, well, less people to see them if they do
your best bet in america is something like a coalmine or an abandoned town built around a now-closed factory or mill, places of that nature, where life is slow and quiet enough that the echoes of forgotten tragedies may still linger

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Icochet posted:

My grandma died in 2015 and i assume she told all the ghosts to stop horsing around

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

There's still tons of stories out there, though most are terrible reddit crap.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
How do you think ChatGPT works?

Ghost Paranormal Topography

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I'm way more afraid of the living, those Appalachian people would turn ME into a ghost

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Icochet posted:

There are thousands of us. We also haven't had a good catholic miracle weeping/bleeding statue in years.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
The Global Elite have been eating up the ghosts at their Moloch parties, OP.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Cubone posted:

ghosts are real, but their essence is dissipated by wifi and cellphone signals, so you only get hauntings in areas with low coverage, which are getting fewer and further between. but those also tend to be areas with low populations, meaning there's less chance of there even being enough dead people to haunt, and on top of that, well, less people to see them if they do
your best bet in america is something like a coalmine or an abandoned town built around a now-closed factory or mill, places of that nature, where life is slow and quiet enough that the echoes of forgotten tragedies may still linger

https://youtu.be/rJzShmhuyck

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

The Butcher fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Mar 18, 2023

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Also the true reason carbon monoxide detectors have become cheaper and we are moving away those heating sources

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
I'm dead OP. Unfortunately, nobody gives a poo poo! I haunt people on the regular and unfortunately, if you can't get picked up by a cell phone camera and put on the TikTok, people tend to ignore you. You used to be able to get an episode of unsolved mysteries, at least. Now I can't even scare little kids.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The ghosts went away when they closed the Cheeseburger in Paradise near where I live.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
the main cause of ghosty activity are the regrets of the deceased, unfinished business, life still yet to live, etc. nowadays everyone is hella stoked about dying, so it just doesn't come up as much

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Too many renovations, redevelopments and ghost tours, making for lack of suitably isolated spooky old places for ghosts to haunt in.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Life sucks so much poo poo a ghost isnt going to affect me much

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Mr.Acula posted:

Life sucks so much poo poo a ghost isnt going to affect me much

Life sucks eh, Mr.Acula. Or could it be that you suck (blood). :drac:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

STABASS posted:

the main cause of ghosty activity are the regrets of the deceased, unfinished business, life still yet to live, etc. nowadays everyone is hella stoked about dying, so it just doesn't come up as much

It's this.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The reasons you don't see ghosts anymore is obvious, just look at this thread, all these motherfuckers is boring. Ghosts don't want to hang out with boring people.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There were all these ghosts doing puts on my body to make me look stupid or awkward or not markish or make my pants fall down but I guess they finally found their resting place.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Kinda sucks when you live in a “murder on appearance” state.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh wait, you thought I didn’t have retroactive diplomatic immunity with prejudice didn’t you op? Welp, guess you thought wrong again.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Millenials have killed hauntings too now. Don't have no respect for these institutions, too lazy to rattle the chains, smdh

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Life got scarier

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Ghosts got lazier and skin walkers mostly died out due to rapid climate change and destruction of their natural habitats. Now ghost skin walkers, on the other hand

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'm the ghost of a good post
OooOOooooOooo

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Humans are the real ghosts op

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I've been a paranormal investigator for 20 years, the last five years professionally, and I have the answers to the OPs question but I can already tell this thread isn't going to take any of it seriously so I'm not even going to bother

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Humans are the real ghosts op

Yeah that’s sort of the point. People glide and become ghosts.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
You cant physically kick a ghost in the nuts...

But you can psychically.

dk2m
May 6, 2009

BigBadSteve posted:

Too many renovations, redevelopments and ghost tours, making for lack of suitably isolated spooky old places for ghosts to haunt in.

putting a boba tea place next to the spooky asylum has hosed up the hauntings???

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I played Fatal Frame, the camera steals thier soul

You probably have one on you so don't be scared

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

dk2m posted:

putting a boba tea place next to the spooky asylum has hosed up the hauntings???

Boba deez nuts.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Treecko posted:

I played Fatal Frame, the camera steals thier soul

You probably have one on you so don't be scared

Fatal Frame was really funny because I was playing it with a friend and he was terrified of the game but I thought the ghosts were hysterical. There's one that just wails "MY EYES!!!!" in the goofiest voice, it had me going googoo gaga.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I liked D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhHMgfL9FyI&t=220s

Wee fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 18, 2023

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I played this with the same friend, he spent some stupid amount of money on it and we ploughed through it in barely any time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dk2m
May 6, 2009

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Fatal Frame was really funny because I was playing it with a friend and he was terrified of the game but I thought the ghosts were hysterical. There's one that just wails "MY EYES!!!!" in the goofiest voice, it had me going googoo gaga.

I rented i think the second one from family video and I remember getting to a level where you look through a window and then a kid that pops directly into view after a few seconds, 2 scary.