Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
there it is. ow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

fell asleep on the couch last night a little before midnight, woke up a little after 8 and i don't even feel tired, it's a st patrick's day miracle

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

echinopsis posted:

it took a LOT but I got most of my prof dev done and what I have left is very clear. god i’m releived

If you hurry you might be done in time for your date with Bella Goth

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

echinopsis posted:

it took a LOT but I got most of my prof dev done and what I have left is very clear. god i’m releived

good work, echi!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

drat that flea market was a lot less interesting than I remember them being as a kid

eh well got other errands done so not a total loss

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

saturday plans: get thai food, maybe buy some fancy bread for grilled cheese sandwiches, avoid the multiple st patricks themed pub crawls

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

drat that flea market was a lot less interesting than I remember them being as a kid

eh well got other errands done so not a total loss

do you have a night market? go go!

i asked rotor to get some black fungus wraps when he went to one some months back, i don't know if he did though

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

dioxazine posted:

i asked rotor to get some black fungus wraps when he went to one some months back, i don't know if he did though
doesn't look like it, but i'm not fond of being out after dark much anyways

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

dioxazine posted:

the night market i went to had a bunch of great food but not that. I had fried durian and bone marrow and a bunch of great stuff.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
gamin'

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

been reading a bunch instead of playing video games the past couple days.

however i've been reading litrpg books which are... not necessarily the best quality books. entertaining enough tho!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I only read scifi garbage

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

DJ Commie posted:

saw an estate sale posting, and in the corner of one of the photos is some ham radio stuff, looks wwii-ish. maybe it will be neat, i don't operate lower than 2m but it'd be ebay fodder i suppose

made it there 2 minutes before their very explicit warning about early birds and already it was cleaned out. guess lanterns and vintage military radio stuff were hot sellers despite the ebay price parity. there was a new in box mine detector setup but it was missing the headset

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

you can't really get bargains like that any more. everyone knows what everything is and what it's worth, and as soon as a single photo goes online someone will email offering the asking price or above so it probably never even made it to the table

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

If you hurry you might be done in time for your date with Bella Goth

ajajahahah

dioxazine posted:

good work, echi!

thank!yiu! what a relief

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Gnossiennes posted:

i made a big pot of pasta and now i am enjoying the fruits of my labor and looking forward to how fuckin great it's gonna taste when i reheat the leftovers tomorrow.

no spaghetti regretti

update: the leftover pasta is indeed delicious

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

filled 4 bags of random leaf litter and other dead plant bits to get the garden cleaned up for actually planting stuff next month

also got all the garbage that accumulated from a windy winter's worth of garbage days

one of my neighbors is really into hookas

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Sweevo posted:

you can't really get bargains like that any more. everyone knows what everything is and what it's worth, and as soon as a single photo goes online someone will email offering the asking price or above so it probably never even made it to the table

i'd tend to agree but I did get this for $1500 total year before last, and spent my paternity leave ebaying most of it

i probably made close to 10k and still have the jx-3p and all the peavey stuff

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

current weekend status: workin’. Handling my department solo today which sucks, but I did get some free beer again! Guy from a local brewery needed some rubber stoppers and for one type some idiot forgot to update the sale price so they’re $0.00 and I don’t have permissions to change it so he got them for free lol

Came back a minute later and gave me a 4 pack as a trade :cool:

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

ski lesson was great and I got an almost-compliment from my instructor: "that was quite good. I am happy". I made smash burgers and now we're watching Slow Horses which I'm enjoying. haven't thought about work very much. it's been a pretty good weekend so far.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

last night met the new niece, then made mai tais for the fiance and sister in law. think I've pretty much got that one nailed

today got up to help my buddy move. there were like 14 people there so it didn't take much

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Truman Peyote posted:

last night met the new niece, then made mai tais for the fiance and sister in law. think I've pretty much got that one nailed

today got up to help my buddy move. there were like 14 people there so it didn't take much

that’s one big buddy

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

Beeftweeter posted:

i had no idea they discontinued that

e: oh i thought that was the bigger sedan. maybe that was the 6? idk. they're both gone now anyway

yeah all the good cars are getting killed off and replaced with awful CUVs, i absolutely hate it. the 5 was a fantastic car - an actual mini minivan, based on the mazda 3.

anyway the one i looked at today was an 09 and i expected it to be a bit rusty but it was in even worse shape than the one i looked at a few weeks ago and they were asking almost twice as many dollars for it. i'm also looking at ones in states that don't salt their roads, it would be cool to fly out and road trip back.

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Getting my partner's fish moved over to a bigger tank. Mild pain in the rear end but it's going to look killer once it's all set up.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Elder Postsman posted:

yeah all the good cars are getting killed off and replaced with awful CUVs, i absolutely hate it. the 5 was a fantastic car - an actual mini minivan, based on the mazda 3.

i liked my 5 except that it somehow ate a transmission at 140k, right before i bought it. i normally buy only manual cars so the ever worsening 3-4 and 5-4 shifts didn't dawn on me when purchasing it. at least it was cheap

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Elder Postsman posted:

anyway the one i looked at today was an 09 and i expected it to be a bit rusty but it was in even worse shape than the one i looked at a few weeks ago and they were asking almost twice as many dollars for it. i'm also looking at ones in states that don't salt their roads, it would be cool to fly out and road trip back.

jeez. it's pretty crazy to realize that was probably made 15 years ago lol

hope it works out anyway

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

there are somehow like four manual mazda 5s for sale locally, but i gotta get an auto so my wife can use it too.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I hope to someday do a manual swap on my old 240D. There’s a mythical 5 speed for it that was only available in Europe that pops up for sale in the US once in a blue moon that would be sick but most folks go for the trusty old 4 speed which isn’t plentiful but was sold here so it’s around

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

Beeftweeter posted:

jeez. it's pretty crazy to realize that was probably made 15 years ago lol

hope it works out anyway

yeah i got plenty of time to find one, just need it by the end of june.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Elder Postsman posted:

there are somehow like four manual mazda 5s for sale locally, but i gotta get an auto so my wife can use it too.

i looked at them but the manual take rate in the first gen was ~15% as i recall, and single digits for the 2.5l 6 speed 2012+ versions. i've seen a single post-2012, and i think it was on carmax a few hundred miles away in la or something for 3k over kbb

Fortaleza posted:

I hope to someday do a manual swap on my old 240D. There’s a mythical 5 speed for it that was only available in Europe that pops up for sale in the US once in a blue moon that would be sick but most folks go for the trusty old 4 speed which isn’t plentiful but was sold here so it’s around

thats actually wrong in a good way, the m47 5 speed came on 1987 and newer 240 models, US included. turbo versions i think were only 4+od still, or they were auto only.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

?? They stopped making the 240D in 1985, we’re prob talking about different things

e: ah ya, I mean the Mercedes not the similarly named Volvo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
got all my taxes and insurance poo poo and yearly bills done last night, no more adulting for march. it's time to gently caress completely off

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

DJ Commie posted:

i looked at them but the manual take rate in the first gen was ~15% as i recall, and single digits for the 2.5l 6 speed 2012+ versions. i've seen a single post-2012, and i think it was on carmax a few hundred miles away in la or something for 3k over kbb

thats actually wrong in a good way, the m47 5 speed came on 1987 and newer 240 models, US included. turbo versions i think were only 4+od still, or they were auto only.

looks like a few of them fell off CL recently but one of them is very nice https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/ctd/d/saint-paul-2013-mazda-mazda5-sport/7596644442.html

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Svengoolie tonight is the movie “Konga” and I think we’re going to order a pizza. :)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
we got a pizza and i accidentally dumped garlic powder on it lol

me rn

wa ha ha ha

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

garlic is like money, beef. you can never too much of it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

its also like money in the sense that what i do have has been ground into a fine dust by capitalism

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
weekend update:

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

bought weed, played pinball, drank beer, ate lumpias

today was a good saturday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004