Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

peramene posted:

I want to be absolutely clear about this, because I see that this is already devolving into the same inane nonsense it devolved into last time Bees tried this on my discord server.

I ran Riven. Podima assisted, often kicking and screaming, to make my dream a reality. It was, largely, still a tremendous failure.

He is not responsible. I am the OP on the forum thread. I am the owner of the discord server. (idiots)

Conflating these two games and hiding my ownership of Riven was willfully manipulative, of the exact sort of character I have come to expect from Bees et al.

oh hey, thanks. you're loving late. you started off with a misrepresentation that better served your narrative, and now you're walking it back. anything else you want to clarify?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

goldmine this post alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

It's not even good myst lore. It's all sorts of non myst bullshit.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

peramene posted:

I want to be absolutely clear about this, because I see that this is already devolving into the same inane nonsense it devolved into last time Bees tried this on my discord server.

I ran Riven. Podima assisted, often kicking and screaming, to make my dream a reality. It was, largely, still a tremendous failure.

He is not responsible. I am the OP on the forum thread. I am the owner of the discord server. (idiots)

Conflating these two games and hiding my ownership of Riven was willfully manipulative, of the exact sort of character I have come to expect from Bees et al.

oh hey, thanks. you're loving late. you started off with a misrepresentation that better served your narrative, and now you're walking it back. anything else you want to clarify?

Hollup, let em cook

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Podima posted:

First and foremost, I want to apologize again again to everyone who was impacted by this, players or otherwise. For Riven, I screwed up by allowing content into the game that shouldn't have been present in the first place without a lot of conversations that we as a game were frankly not equipped to handle at the time. For IMG, I definitely screwed up in not being more flexible with the game materials when adapting from the original source, and I didn't handle it well in the moment as a game moderator when players raised their understandable concerns - for that I'm sincerely sorry. I should have taken that feedback instead of trying to hold to the original writing.

What happened with IMG is something that I've thought about a lot in the aftermath and have changed the way I manage games to ensure players have venues to safely express concerns and raise flags through clear lines of communication, but that doesn't alleviate the harm I caused. For those of you who were players, I know there may not be much I can do now, but if you want to talk through any of this I'm more than happy to hear you out and make whatever amends I can directly.

Anyways, I'll ask Jeffrey to remove my star. That's the least I can do at this point, but again - I'm really sorry for the harm caused by my game modding decisions.

peramene posted:

All's well that ends well lol

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
What the gently caress is going on lmao

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

peramene posted:

Thanks for doing the needful on uh, whatever you'd call this post.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Seems the problem has solved itself.

Welcome to your new positions, Horse Post Guy and Vyelkin.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

:wow:

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Meinberg posted:

The slave girl was inspired fairly directly by Anthy in Utena, though in that series the whole situation around Anthy is fairly well known and described as hosed up, indeed the hosed upedness of the objectification of women is perhaps the core theme of the series. In IMG, the slave girl was depicted as being freshly created (hatched from a magic egg), and desperately down to gently caress.

literally the whole point of Utena is that Anthy is being sexually abused and it takes Utena also being preyed on but still wanting to help Anthy for Anthy to be able to escape the cycle of abuse oh my god i know you're not trying but never compare whatever the gently caress this garbage is to Utena again please.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
well there's a free spot so admin Rhino

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
This situation would have gone a lot differently if this topic had remained locked and the subject discussed behind closed doors as initially requested. The SAD IKs, obviously docbeard especially, deserve enormous props for allowing it to unfold, potentially in defiance of Jeffrey himself, because it allowed for people to share their stories and answer questions that obviously everyone had the moment the accusations came about

Similarly, it's admirable that Podima showed up, explained themselves, and did the right thing without any protest

A genuine SAD success story

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Obama: I want to be absolutely clear about this, uhh, because I want the record straight that, uhh, I am, in fact, the owner of this Riven Rape Project

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

peramene posted:

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

TheSwizzler posted:

well there's a free spot so admin Rhino

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
bunch of impressive 'worst possible things you could say' posts in here but gj and an earnest thanks to admins for dealing with this in a timely manner

WarpDogs posted:

This situation would have gone a lot differently if this topic had remained locked and the subject discussed behind closed doors as initially requested. The SAD IKs, obviously docbeard especially, deserve enormous props for allowing it to unfold, potentially in defiance of Jeffrey himself, because it allowed for people to share their stories and answer questions that obviously everyone had the moment the accusations came about

Similarly, it's admirable that Podima showed up, explained themselves, and did the right thing without any protest

A genuine SAD success story

this is better put, yeah ^

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
i can't believe all this happened and we're only on page 5

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Endorph posted:

well who to believe about this sex pervert situation... bees, or

wtf

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I used to be in a lot of text-based online roleplay like 15-20 years ago and this kind of skeezy behaviour was not uncommon and it was creepy AF then. I don't give a gently caress if people want to do weird sex RP on their own time, whatever, but to trick other people into it and then dismiss their concerns because it will affect the sanctity of your loving RP plot is disgusting.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
can i get an invite to the discord

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
edit: this will be funnier somewhere else

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Mar 19, 2023

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Hoooo, that was a trip.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lol you know jeff only removed his star because he asked to step down

Lady Radia posted:

literally the whole point of Utena is that Anthy is being sexually abused and it takes Utena also being preyed on but still wanting to help Anthy for Anthy to be able to escape the cycle of abuse oh my god i know you're not trying but never compare whatever the gently caress this garbage is to Utena again please.

administration team has a rough history with this show, drat

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I guess this brings me to this question: out of all the anime characters out there that you could have chosen from all the animes that exist in the world, is there a particular reason you chose the one who continually rapes his underage sister and is part of the plotline of the entire show?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
is four hours with a star a new record for admin self-destruction

did we win

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lady Radia posted:

How is this the second QCS/SAD mod meltdown that involves Utena in some way?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Good soup! posted:

Obama: I want to be absolutely clear about this, uhh, because I want the record straight that, uhh, I am, in fact, the owner of this Riven Rape Project

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019
hell of a saga legend here

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Imma let this one stay open for awhile.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

kekus maximus foreverus

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

With Podima no longer an admin, I think we can put this thread (and me) to bed.

I'm going to open Arivia's new thread about the general selection process for Admins before I go.

Thank you, everyone, from poster to admin, who made this an actual good discussion of a very uncomfortable topic. Wasn't so long ago that a thread like this could have gone very very differently.

...of course I say that just as Fluffdaddy decides to leave it open, haha. Still, the part where I'm grateful still applies.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Hey all, REALLY wanted Everyone to see this post from the Riven Roleplay Rapist who spoke up earlier before this gets closed

quote:

peramene posted:
Sorry I'm so embarrassed about this, but I mostly want to share this to plunge for ideas -- SO both of my partners are into opposing forms of petplay, one is really into being treated like a puppy and is into hardcore humiliation besides, the other is really into being treated like a kitten and is into being pampered and stuff. The thing is, their relationship together is almost wholly defined by this. They rapidly oscillate between sort of being okay with each other and being REALLY not okay with each other, which can make things complex in our iso-triad. Recently during a little bit of experimentation, okay, stay with me, the cat figured out that it's fun - not hot, but fun - to top the dog in a very sort of traditional fashion, playing with the ball, throwing the rope or bone, that sort of thing. But I'm worried - since cat-partner and myself are white and dog-partner is black - about the racial overtones that might be present here. How can I sorta encourage this... fun? without facilitating a racially oppressive environment for the puppy? Thanks everybody!!

:) but synthy can't see 99% of the forum and Larry gets a permaban.... right?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

legit just happy to bury all that forever

e: not wrt thread closing, thread can stay closed or open at this point ive said my piece

everythingWasBees fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Mar 19, 2023

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Well, I'll see everyone next Saturday for the next one! :cheers:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
if op wants thread closed just close the thread

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

docbeard posted:

Since it's pretty clear that public discussion of these accusations is inevitable, I'm going to open this thread so that it's in one place rather than 50.

Please keep any conversation about these allegations against Podima confined to this thread.

Hopefully this gets resolved, one way or another, fast.

heroic decision imo

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Fluffdaddy posted:

Imma let this one stay open for awhile.

podima is still listed as IK of traditional games and most importantly the subforum of trad games, the game room, where recruiting for games like this clusterfuck happens. those ik permissions should also be removed if they haven't been yet. this ik-ship is still listed on his profile for both forums.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

That Little Demon posted:

Hey all, REALLY wanted Everyone to see this post from the Riven Roleplay Rapist who spoke up earlier before this gets closed
i'm not familiar with this type of adventure game puzzle but my suggestion is to consult the hint helpline

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

thank you to the mods/admins for actually opening this thread and allowing discussion because as someone else pointed out if this had happened 'behind closed doors' like jeffrey wanted theres no way any of this poo poo would have been resolved.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Stop closing doors jeff jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rox
Sep 7, 2016

docbeard made the right call