Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I did that a few posts ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
That thing where you set the table all fancy

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Nooner posted:

That thing where you set the table all fancy

its called gooning

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Sucking dicks. Seems dumb to do it for free when you could make some extra scratch at your local factory.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Some people don’t want to ruin the art

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

lil poopendorfer posted:

All hobbies suck if you think about them long enough

it's the defining trait of a hobby

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Back when I used Facebook, a coworker added me and he always seemed like a decent enough guy so I clicked accept. Immediately I was flooded with posts from his wall about the latest designer sneakers he bought. Just a constant stream of $400 Nikes and poo poo, with weird rear end hashtags like #WhiteAndBright and #HighTopStylin. I don't think I've ever lost respect for another human being so quickly.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Harley Davidson

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

20 Blunts posted:

Harley Davidson

Do riders of Japanese bikes feel intimidated by the aura of authentic brotherhood, camaraderie and loyalty of the Harley Owners Group (HOG)?

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Reggaeton

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
Caring for a child/baby

Oh cool your life suddenly has purpose whoop di doo

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
people who treat child rearing like a hobby should be sterilized

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The lady who taught the pregnancy-newborn class my wife and I took before we had our first had 11 kids

Smugworth fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Mar 20, 2023

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Being really into any particular sort of booze- craft beer, wine, scotch, all lame.

I'll give wine a pass just because it doesn't belong to the sort of basic bro who makes me want to shave my beard.

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

im having a bit of an existential crisis here guys
Without a doubt it's seeking out people/groups to poo poo-talk and judge. Like, a little bit of being a hater is all fun and good, but some people really have a problem.

Basically I'm saying if you post full-time in the reddit thread you might have brain worms.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Uriah Heep posted:

Without a doubt it's seeking out people/groups to poo poo-talk and judge. Like, a little bit of being a hater is all fun and good, but some people really have a problem.

Basically I'm saying if you post full-time in the reddit thread you might have brain worms.

My hobby is posting reddit AITA bait

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Uriah Heep posted:

I get what you're saying but that poo poo doesn't even come close to Funkos

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Really thought you were gonna say the sagas thread instead of reddit

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
how many hours in does smoking meat become lame??

asking for a friend

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Booty Pageant posted:

how many hours in does smoking meat become lame??

asking for a friend

That depends on if you use a stick burner, charcoal, or hamster pellets

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

constantly looking at and talking about war footage of people dying

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

im having a bit of an existential crisis here guys

Smugworth posted:

Really thought you were gonna say the sagas thread instead of reddit

I mean the reddit one was what first came to mind, but there's certainly plenty of other examples. You know it's bad when people start hand wringing about totally benign and sometimes only slightly lame poo poo. It's just so transparently a group of self hating people that want to feel better than others

Devils Affricate posted:

I get what you're saying but that poo poo doesn't even come close to Funkos

Eh, Funko's are tasteless and a waste of money, but ultimately harmless. I know some casual Funko bros and they're fine dudes. Depends how obsessive they are I suppose

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Uriah Heep posted:

Eh, Funko's are tasteless and a waste of money, but ultimately harmless. I know some casual Funko bros and they're fine dudes. Depends how obsessive they are I suppose

its plastic garbage that wastes manufacturing capacity and ends up in a landfill

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Its gotta be guns and gun collecting. Dudes are just so dorky and lame, yelling about how they're called magazines and not clips.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Drugs.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Bouillon Rube posted:

its plastic garbage that wastes manufacturing capacity and ends up in a landfill

legos, warhammer, board games, basically every nerd hobby

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Caesar Saladin posted:

Its gotta be guns and gun collecting. Dudes are just so dorky and lame, yelling about how they're called magazines and not clips.

If I ever get into guns I'm going to exclusively buy guns that are actually loaded with clips and then never shut the gently caress up about my guns and their clips and gun nuts will constantly try to own me only to get surprise counter-owned

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I like painting Warhams but don't even ask me how to play it

zone
Dec 6, 2016
I used to be into Warhammer in my younger days. I still have my rulebooks and miniatures knocking around somewhere in storage. Though nowadays I'm more into OSR D&D clones, with one of my favorites being heavily modded Adventurer Conqueror King system.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
gardening

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

This one seems pretty lame tbh

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

dk2m posted:

Someone once told me that their favorite hobby is listening to Great Courses podcasts. Im gonna go with that

you could just call me out directly instead of making a sly thread like this.

lamest hobby might be that goon who played a preinstalled windows game and wrote an awful lot about it in a now goldmined thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3334485

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Pokemon trading card game.

I never got into it, but I had a friend who did and he made quite a lot of money trading and selling cards like some sort of middle school drug dealer. He didn't even play. He just did it for the cash.

So, IMO, this is a hobby that teaches real skill that will come in handy later in life.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Caesar Saladin posted:

they love their assault rifle 15s

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I was going to say Funkos, but others already beat me to it.

On further consideration, I think Celebrity Gossip is worse.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I was going to say Funkos, but others already beat me to it.

On further consideration, I think Celebrity Gossip is worse.

I personally never understood why people get as much as they do into gossip in general. Waste of time and energy around trying to find out juicy details of everyone else's life when you're not living your own instead.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Stretching out your butthole to gigantic sizes

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Mad Hamish posted:

Collecting pencils.
When I was a kid, there was a pencil vending machine at school that dispensed random sports team pencils. Like, for a month, it would be NFL teams, then NBA, MLB, etc. Every single kid in school collected those pencils, so, I don't see how that can be a lame hobby. Even the cool kids did it.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Pinche Rudo posted:

Stretching out your butthole to gigantic sizes

Where else are you going to keep your pencil collection though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Grave robbing. People just aren’t buried with much loot anymore. :(