Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gnossiennes posted:

i wish i knew how to find them tbh. at the recommendation of my old psychiatrist, i tried getting into psilocybin trials for treatment-resistant depression, but never got accepted :(

not that I an suggesting you do this but they are super easy to grow

you used to have to sterilise grains etc but someone worked out that those boil in a bag rice things are effectively sterilised grains and it lowered the barrier of entry so much, and the more that did it the more refined the methods got etc,

and it also seems trivial in the US to order mushroom seeds

if I lived a different life, I’d defo be into doing that I reckon. mescaline and psilocybin. just grow all your own drugs

maybe one day I’ll move into the forest and truly find my calling as a bush wizard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

echinopsis posted:

not that I an suggesting you do this but they are super easy to grow

you used to have to sterilise grains etc but someone worked out that those boil in a bag rice things are effectively sterilised grains and it lowered the barrier of entry so much, and the more that did it the more refined the methods got etc,

and it also seems trivial in the US to order mushroom seeds

if I lived a different life, I’d defo be into doing that I reckon. mescaline and psilocybin. just grow all your own drugs

maybe one day I’ll move into the forest and truly find my calling as a bush wizard

california is one of the few states you can't get spores legally lol

granted psilocybin is decriminalized in a couple of cities, but i don't live in them

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

what is weed, really? it’s hard to define

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

what is weed? baby don't toke me, don't toke me, all right

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gnossiennes posted:

granted psilocybin is decriminalized in a couple of cities, but i don't live in them

I suspect it’s trivial, compared to other drugs people seem to consider spreading mushroom seeds as an act of kindness

I mean there was the free earth spore ring, idk if anyone here knows it was but basically out of the kindness of their heart people would send in spore prints and then you could send a euro and they’d post a spore print from the collection to you. I wonder how globally that thing reached.

hmm
i’m tempted to make a yospos hallucinogen thread so people can share a tale and those that don’t want to dont have to be involved or even read it at all

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
my biggest problem with weed is that i don’t have enough of it

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

thinking of getting a dynavap or other flower vape, does anyone have recommendations or advice (and also will I need a proper grinder, presumably yes?)

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
i’ve heard mostly good things about dynavaps. i have a mflb and it’s kinda meh. it works fine as long as i keep the batteries charged up but most of the time i just prefer smoking a bowl instead

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
and yea, get a grinder with a kief catcher if you don’t have one

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

quiggy posted:

thinking of getting a dynavap or other flower vape, does anyone have recommendations or advice (and also will I need a proper grinder, presumably yes?)

I have a fury edge (v2? I forget) and i like it, you can order little metal cartridges for it to stash a few sessions of bud in so you dont have to prep it all the time.

The vape thread in... Some grey forum was v helpful

Also you can do oils and waxes with it (but NOT concentrates confusingly)

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
oils and waxes are types of concentrates

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Cartridges? Whatever most pens do idk i just get high im not down with the cool kids lingo

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

quiggy posted:

crafty or mighty. probably mighty unless you use android and really want to use an app

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Achmed Jones posted:

crafty or mighty. probably mighty unless you use android and really want to use an app

I don't know what this means

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
dynavaps are hardware store gadgets for teens

o2vape dryonic is what i got bouncing around and it's pretty good https://o2vape.com/product/dryonic-ii-flower-vape-pen/

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos

Jonny 290 posted:

dynavaps are hardware store gadgets for teens

just curious, what makes you say this? i’ve never actually tried a dynavap but they seem to be well liked?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you need a lighter to heat up a rock in it or something. its literally caveman stuff

just a tarted up mflb

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

quiggy posted:

I don't know what this means

it's pretty straightforward. you asked for vape recommendations and i recommended two. google can help ya make sense of the rest i guess. im not trying to be snarky here but i'm not really sure what you want from me on this

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

here's a link: https://www.storz-bickel.com/en-us/catalog/product/view/id/610

the crafty is smaller and cheaper, but you set its temperature with an app. that app got pulled from apple years ago, but i assume is still available on android but idk. i think they have a web app or something you can use, but i still have the ios app from 2014 or whatever so haven't messed with it. if i had to buy one now id get mighty though. i mostly have it for migraine reasons and have no complaints

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

quiggy posted:

i have a pax 2 and like it a lot, but you gotta clean it regularly

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Achmed Jones posted:

here's a link: https://www.storz-bickel.com/en-us/catalog/product/view/id/610

the crafty is smaller and cheaper, but you set its temperature with an app. that app got pulled from apple years ago, but i assume is still available on android but idk. i think they have a web app or something you can use, but i still have the ios app from 2014 or whatever so haven't messed with it. if i had to buy one now id get mighty though. i mostly have it for migraine reasons and have no complaints

oh gotcha, did not parse that crafty and mighty are product names :downs:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
oh also i missed the part where you asked about a grinder

with the pax at least it's not strictly necessary, i've ripped up nugs by hand before and just tossed em in. but its less efficient i guess because it gets heated unevenly. a cheapo grinder works just fine though

they stopped selling preground flower here when nug sales were legalized about a year ago and i actually really miss it. it was super convenient and i usually don't roll anymore because gently caress actually smoking

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
joints do serve a purpose but they’ve largely been superseded

but when you’re out and about and wanna carry something you can smoke and then all evidence etc is gone, they’re great. plus joints are cool

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i smoke joints exclusively

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

more like loosevelt

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

smoke the marijuana like a cigarette

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

echinopsis posted:

joints do serve a purpose but they’ve largely been superseded

but when you’re out and about and wanna carry something you can smoke and then all evidence etc is gone, they’re great. plus joints are cool

not caring about evidence anymore, i prefer a good old fashion dugout for smoking out and about town

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Gnossiennes posted:

come visit oakland you can legit just buy them in a shop

it's ostensibly a church but uh, yeah

on the other hand, while i havent checked in a while, a bunch of the things in TiHKAL have been readily available over the internet. i did grow shrooms once, but then discovered it was far easier to just buy a batch of 4-AcO-DMT from grey market sites. poo poo's literally recommended in scientific literature as "easier to source or synth for (actual) research than psilocybin and functionally the same thing"

the US RC market has suffered in general from a combination of darknet markets making scheduled substances with better name recognition more readily available and increased customs scrutiny trying to find anything that might be drugs due to the fentanyl crisis, but classical psychedelics have generally remained one of the easier things to find because law enforcement doesn't care that much about them compared to drugs with more abuse potential

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

we should make a thread fkr this stuff coz some don’t wanna read about it

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i don't do any drugs harder than weed, but if i did, i would never buy research chemicals from the internet UNLESS i had the ability to verify that this random white powder is what it says on the bag. can you tell it's 4-AcO-DMT without expensive chem lab equipment you don't have? are there easy testing kits for these things like they have for club drugs?

one of the best things about weed (flower, not concentrates) is that you can look at it and smell it and easily get a good idea of the quality. and even an idiot can tell whether it's weed or not

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
same with mushrooms pretty much too

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

no pills, no powders, if it grows in the ground it's probably ok

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

pharmaceutical cos are pretty trustworthy so pills are good actually, a script is fine too

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

counterpoint: oxycontin

i mean it's legitimately the right drug, no argument there. but it may say "take 1 every 8 hours" and you definitely should not

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

counterpoint: prescribers are loving idiots and the dosage is left up to them

they genuinely don't give a poo poo 99% of the time and will just go with whatever is most convenient for them and the pharmacy, who most of the time will not bother to check if it makes sense either

sometimes they do, and catch obvious mistakes, but it's pretty rare

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

prescribers are in a bad position post pill wave and are more likely to cut off pain patients due to politics & the possibility of losing their licence rather than prescribe proper doses these days. it’s a lovely state of affairs where it’s easier to get docs to work with you to find an appropriate dose to manage pain via OAT (opioid agonist treatment; maintenance) programs than pain clinics

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

there’s no point moralizing about drugs. let people have access to safe supply and many of the problems will go away

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

DELETE CASCADE posted:

i don't do any drugs harder than weed, but if i did, i would never buy research chemicals from the internet UNLESS i had the ability to verify that this random white powder is what it says on the bag. can you tell it's 4-AcO-DMT without expensive chem lab equipment you don't have? are there easy testing kits for these things like they have for club drugs?

one of the best things about weed (flower, not concentrates) is that you can look at it and smell it and easily get a good idea of the quality. and even an idiot can tell whether it's weed or not

grey market vendors have little incentive to not sell what they're putting on the tin in general. black market drugs step on poo poo because getting Xkg of pure cocaine is legitimately difficult (because it's literally illegal) and the customer base is more likely to be either naive or willing to buy whatever cut product they can get. if you're buying from a dealer at a club, they're likely the only option because you haven't brought your own drugs and you can't exactly step out to the nextdoor recreational drugs store to get something that's gone through appropriate regulatory vetting

historically places would sell complete bunk (like literally flour or turmeric powder), but that kinda fell way off when darknet markets appeared. there's not much point trying to scam people on the online grey market when the online black market will sell something better. the grey market vendors that remain are generally selling what they say they're selling, because they're selling to a niche market

risks are less that they're selling something entirely different than what they're saying they're selling something that isn't produced to pharmaceutical standards and contains harmful byproducts, or that they've inadvertently swapped inventory. those sorts of accidents led to the notorious MPTP and Bromo-DragonFLY incidents, but those are uncommon. it's admittedly a gamble, where you weigh that sort of thing happening versus getting a hosed street cut elsewhere

as far as testing, https://www.drugsdata.org/ (and some similar services) exist to perform the expensive chem lab testing you don't have the equipment or expertise to confirm an exact chemical match, if you want to pay a fair amount and wait a while. outside that https://dancesafe.org/test-kits-and-risk-reduction/ and similar offer basic reagent kits that will usually distinguish between "sold as MDMA but it's actually meth or fent"

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

just live somewhere with safe supply so you can get whatever prescribed to you. I don’t bother with it personally as all I do is my oat script and weed, but being able to just get your stuff from the pharmacy and store is immensely preferable to all the loving around and risk that goes into scoring drugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

come visit oakland you can legit just buy them in a shop

it's ostensibly a church but uh, yeah

:aaaaa:

ty for the recommendation, i've been looking for a reason to spend a day in the city or east bay.