Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Hedgehog Pie posted:

He still meets the presidents but each time it's just Vince in a different wig.

He meets the presidents but each time it's just Jack Tunney

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

titties posted:

He meets the presidents but each time it's just Jack Tunney

Heenan: Best president since Noriega!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lol
https://twitter.com/FINALLEVEL/status/1636058588643729408?t=DkysuivcgFmeGdbWT5aeqA&s=19

Hell yeah. 80s slick Rick was great

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
"Meng vs. Miss Elizabeth went to a No Contest, 1:13" is a combination of words that could summon a loving demon.

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/1637977485664215042

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

haljordan posted:

"Following a surgery" lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGa26MYMp38

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

maruhkati posted:

"Meng vs. Miss Elizabeth went to a No Contest, 1:13" is a combination of words that could summon a loving demon.

Nitro Girl Spice though

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

maruhkati posted:

Dale Torborg wasn't on the show though.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Was it Russo who decided the Spice Girls weren't doing enough and should attempt something approximating wrestling?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

would have loved the spice girls on nitro they could have fought the kiss demon in a main event battle!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

Was it Russo who decided the Spice Girls weren't doing enough and should attempt something approximating wrestling?

I can’t decide if this version of reality would be better or worse

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Huh. That was odd. Seeing Nitro Girl ™ Spice, I guess.

And apparently Russo was behind it, which figures.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

You are all joking about The Spice Girls wrestling.

But Mel C would have hosed you all up. And Ginger is as perfect a heel as you would ever wish for.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

All this hypothetical girl group wrestling talk is nice, but never forget that CL from 2NE1 once actually held the spinner belt.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

BrigadierSensible posted:

But Mel C would have hosed you all up. And Ginger is as perfect a heel as you would ever wish for.

You mean Posh. She's basically The Million Dollar Man, just with snobbishness instead of frivolous wealth.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Sporty Spice = Bryan Danielson
Scary Spice = Jon Moxley
Ginger Spice = Claudio Castagnoli
Baby Spice = Wheeler Yuta
Posh Spice = William Regal

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Sandman McMahon posted:

Sporty Spice = Bryan Danielson
Scary Spice = Jon Moxley
Ginger Spice = Claudio Castagnoli
Baby Spice = Wheeler Yuta
Posh Spice = William Regal

Heel entrance music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ3IO6nZ4ZY

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Roman and the bloodline coming out to "wannabe" would do the highest quarter hour of the show

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

This sounds like an ICP song

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

BrigadierSensible posted:

Mel C is probably the only one who isn't a heel, the rest all loved Thatcher.

Insert the clip of Mel B on The Eric Andre Show here.

Redezga posted:

All this hypothetical girl group wrestling talk is nice, but never forget that CL from 2NE1 once actually held the spinner belt.

Thank you for making me feel like a boomer going "who from what?". I don't get reminded enough how drat out of touch I am with the yoof

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

Thank you for making me feel like a boomer going "who from what?". I don't get reminded enough how drat out of touch I am with the yoof

For what its worth there's likely 20-somethings out there right now who probably feel old talking about them too. They formed in 2009 and disbanded seven years ago (with the exception of a Coachella performance last year because kpop is #1 now) so technically they're something of a "classic" group now by Kpop standards. At least old enough that the spinner belt was relevant when they made that music video, lol. :corsair:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Holy gently caress I’m at the end of this thread i think i started reading it six months ago

o7

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
https://creations.mattel.com/en-ca/products/wwe-ultimate-edition-wcw-monday-nitro-entrance-stage-hvf82

$400 USD/$695 CAD but if collected toys I’d be very tempted.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The figures mostly look pretty bad but the set is so sick. Was similarly tempted by the New Generation set they had going a while back.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The best girl group was Diversity 5
https://wcwworldwide.com/2016/12/diversity-5-full-album-nitro-girls/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfLmGzb7EKA

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

boogieboogieboogieboogieboogie

It bothers me that the record cover says "Diversity 5" six times instead of five.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

What is the $400 for? That looks like a $20 playset.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Do the figures still have the little chips in their feet that play music?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Red posted:

It's definitely more than a $20 set but $400 is overpriced for sure. It's gigantic and has a bunch of programmed and adjustable LED lights on it, so it definitely doesn't look like the cheap plastic entrances I had as a kid. I mean, it's probably still cheap plastic... but it's textured and realistically weathered!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's $400 because you aren't paying $400 to purchase the dollhouse you are spending $400 to crowdfund it so that a small mom & pop company can product it without risking going out of business.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
It seems like it might be a "sell a small number of units to super fans at a high margin" thing vs trying to sell a lot of units at a low margin.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Red posted:

Have you seen what $20 gets you in the toy section today? This is almost certainly overpriced, but it's way more than $20. One of those figures alone retails for more than $20!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I feel like the absolute target market for this, but it's overpriced and the figures look lovely. I didn't back the New Generation entrance/ring either as it was similarly overpriced and didn't even have the real WWF logo on it. Now all of those are sitting on eBAY for the original price or cheaper, so I feel fine just waiting and taking that route.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

Have you seen what $20 gets you in the toy section today? This is almost certainly overpriced, but it's way more than $20. One of those figures alone retails for more than $20!

For $20 I can get two dented packages of Legends figures from the Eternals movie!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Red posted:

For $20 I can get two dented packages of Legends figures from the Eternals movie!

Or you could help out Chris Jericho by buying a Sting action figure

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Red posted:

All the metal parts came from the actual set, they've been melted down and reforged in the proper small size.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

For $400, it could at least include a ring. Also, it's baffling that Ultimate Warrior is featured for a WCW branded set. At least have Flair, Sting or Luger or something.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

beepo posted:

It seems like it might be a "sell a small number of units to super fans at a high margin" thing vs trying to sell a lot of units at a low margin.

It’s this, that’s literally what the Mattel creations imprint is.

They sell niche toys to adult toy nerds in small runs, so they’re naturally more expensive both because they need to make their money back on tooling etc over a smaller production run plus since they’re selling directly to toy nerds they can jack the price up too because adult toy collectors have disposable income or they wouldn’t even be in the hobby.

The new generation entrance set they did re-sells for pretty much double the original asking price and this probably will too.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Holy poo poo at the Jim Cornette burning Ron garvin's face storyline. :dogstare:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Ahem, its Hogan Raft time

https://twitter.com/WCWWorldwide/status/1645454687502516224?t=H4ccs-95Ps2Ebmzo-Mnv2w&s=19

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/29555812894...emis&media=COPY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Someday everyone in this thread will have their own hulk hogan raft

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Apr 11, 2023