Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Some of the mission tree-based PUs you can get do not test if you are a Christian monarchy. I have formed Great Britain as a custom Norse nation & enforced the union over France...

(Some others do test & and otherwise give you a bunch of claims or permaclaims.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

I wish somebody told me earlier how much fun Iron Sceptre -> Esthíl -> Black Demesne was. It’s 1750, I have all 7 acolytes and I just ate Gawed. Goal is to have gnomes and Lorent by 1770 so I can take the whole lovely Empire in simultaneous wars and spend the end game getting to the bottom of the (wild) mission tree. One of the missions suggests my leader, who is now a 300+ lich, gets to blot out the sun.

I love my dysfunctional acolytes.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Detheros posted:

So, uh, if you have a Restoration of Union CB and you turn republic...

You can have a Junior Partner as a Republic, lol

The Dutch republic is a variant of the noble republic which allows royal marriages and therefore personal unions.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Being a monarchy is only required for the junior partner in the union

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Various Meat Products posted:

Being a monarchy is only required for the junior partner in the union

Makes sense, technically the Principality of Andorra is in two personal unions at once, to a republic and a theocracy. :spain::hf::france:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Mantis42 posted:

Ah yes the Roundtops, the Cavaliers, and Cao Cao.

I'd play that.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What are some anbennar mission trees that have only a modest amount of conquering?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Depending on your definition of modest, I'd say most of them that aren't Phoenix Empire, Jadd Empire, The Command, or that one Escann orc tag that gets missions to take over the EoA.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

What are some anbennar mission trees that have only a modest amount of conquering?

ovdal lodhum fills out the serpentreach and then stops

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Most of the EOA tags are more thematic than map-painty.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Jay Rust posted:

Silverforge. You only conquer some neighbors in the EoA to turn into strip mines and build a new hold.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Wafflecopper posted:

Depending on your definition of modest, I'd say most of them that aren't Phoenix Empire, Jadd Empire, The Command, or that one Escann orc tag that gets missions to take over the EoA.

Well yes the centaurs are really just lovable scamps trying to get back to their ancestral homelands, I agree.

Not their fault there are other races in the way.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Private Speech posted:

Well yes the centaurs are really just lovable scamps trying to get back to their ancestral homelands, I agree.

Not their fault there are other races in the way.

I said most, obviously I can't remember every single big conquesty tree off the top of my head :shrug:

My point was you can pick just about any random tag with a mission tree and there's like a 95% chance you won't have to conquer half the world

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 9, 2023

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

new dlc is lookin like EUIV's Holy Fury

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

I just wanted to make that joke because I thought it was funny, not really trying to criticise, sorry.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

Nimscodd and then the Hierarchy mostly sees limited expansion into Lorent to free the not-halflings with your vorpal bullet spewing magitech mecha. Although towards the end of the colonisation bit of the tree you do have to conquer all of Ynn.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Private Speech posted:

I just wanted to make that joke because I thought it was funny, not really trying to criticise, sorry.

it's okay we're cool

i didn't really mean to sound defensive, your post just prompted me to clarify my position in case anyone did choose one of the several conquery trees i no doubt missed and did actually blame me

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna play as Verkal Dromak.

I manage to follow this guide to destroying The Command: https://www.reddit.com/r/Anbennar/comments/usjw7g/guide_to_reclaim_verkal_dromak_by_1481_anbennars/

Amhazair
Feb 13, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna play as Verkal Dromak.

I manage to follow this guide to destroying The Command: https://www.reddit.com/r/Anbennar/comments/usjw7g/guide_to_reclaim_verkal_dromak_by_1481_anbennars/

Is their mission tree fully fleshed out at the moment? (I know it exists, but last I heard it was lacking fluff descriptions)

If it is this definitely is the fist campaign I try out once I feel like playing EU4 again.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Could someone remind me what are some of the ways to prevent the Emperor from asking for illegal land back? I know you can ally them, but would having high relations in general also work?

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Jay Rust posted:

Could someone remind me what are some of the ways to prevent the Emperor from asking for illegal land back? I know you can ally them, but would having high relations in general also work?

Have never seen high relations without an alliance stop the emperor from asking, unfortunately. One reliable way of blocking the requests is to be in another war, and just let that run until coring is complete. Trade dispute or humiliation CBs can come in handy there, unless you want to chain land grabs while doing this. Just try not to hit a Call For Peace too early.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I've never once had the emperor use that CB against me. I just go "nah lol".

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

The act of saying no drops your relations with everyone else in the empire though, so it's better to avoid getting asked entirely.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

CommonShore posted:

I've never once had the emperor use that CB against me. I just go "nah lol".
I think its less about the emperor using the CB and more that the Emperor asks in the first place because of the negative effects of them asking, like what Dr. Video Games 0031 said.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Well this is in Anbennar so maybe it’s different, but the emperor totally did just ask me for land despite me being in another war (to be precise, I annexed a free city that was allied to my primary target while I was still at war with that primary target)

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Allyn posted:

Have never seen high relations without an alliance stop the emperor from asking, unfortunately. One reliable way of blocking the requests is to be in another war, and just let that run until coring is complete. Trade dispute or humiliation CBs can come in handy there, unless you want to chain land grabs while doing this. Just try not to hit a Call For Peace too early.

This doesn't work anymore. The emperor will demand land back even if you're at war now in base eu4.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I've emerged from a Stellaris induced haze and am trying to get back into EU4 after a good couple years and I've completely forgotten how to play.

Any recommended Youtubers doing let plays?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

I like Laith personally, here's his channel. He's not as insufferable as most of the others.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 20, 2023

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
On a similar note (they cast eu4 together), I like TheRedHawk

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Thanks for the suggestions. I found Red Hawk on my own but he goes really fast.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Kris xK posted:

Thanks for the suggestions. I found Red Hawk on my own but he goes really fast.

I'm playing along with his 1.34 Austria guide rn. Just pause it as needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRsAFZnkh7k

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

mfcrocker posted:

On a similar note (they cast eu4 together), I like TheRedHawk

What I like about his videos is he will make mistakes and have horrible poo poo happen, and just roll with the pain.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Groke posted:

What I like about his videos is he will make mistakes and have horrible poo poo happen, and just roll with the pain.

I dread to think how many hours he flushes on failed runs where he's given himself way too much to do, especially when trying to break free as a vassal of a huge powerhouse

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I liked his video with AI Thuringia.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Seeing someone play on speed 5 nonstop, even during wars, gives me anxiety

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

you don't play on speed 5 24/7? just set up some auto-pause notifications for the important stuff and cruise through those years, baby

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No there are rules:
3 for war
4 for baby war / not war
5 only if there's literally nothing to do

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom
Speed 5 always and forever. If there was a speed 6, I’d use that instead.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Speed 5 with regular pauses is the true path to warring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

My personal EU5 wish is fewer provinces. There are way too many, especially ones that are IRL so not-notable they don’t even have Wikipedia pages