Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sweevo posted:

don't name your kids after anime characters
don't name your kids after people from TV shows
don't give your kids normal names spelled in dumb ways

you're not being cute by calling your kid Khristophyr, you're making their life hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

matti posted:

how are ffxiv raids compared to wow? i'm asking here because its a toxic subject for some people

ffxiv raids are much more scripted, I haven't done a ton of wow raiding, I did a little bit at the start of dragonflight but I've done all the top ffxiv raids, from my limited experience ffxiv mechanics are more intricate but they happen the same way in the same order each time (with some RNG on who will be targeted by specific parts of the mechanic or which direction an attack happens in), so it's more like learning a dance, compared to wow where you're learning a handful of simpler mechanics that happen at random and you have to react differently each time

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

You know at this point I shouldn't even be mad

:mad:

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

oh, did I wander into the Mormon thread again?

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

there are like 10000 world of final fantasy style games and i just keep hearing about new ones and i don't know how or why people keep up with them

at least poo poo like dissidia or theatrythm are different types of games

speaking of which the actual game World of Final Fantasy is surprisingly decent for what it is, although the tone is kind of all over the place. it starts off as a cutesy light-hearted homage to the previous games with some pokemon mechanics thrown in but by the end the story gets really quite dark and the plot ends in a way that is bittersweet at best. then the credit roll is super saccharine for some reason. it feels less like a deliberate subversion of expectations than a half-assed cash-in that suddenly decided to be more narratively ambitious late in its development, and actually did a pretty decent job of it but then it just ends abruptly.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

NoneMoreNegative posted:

and you shouldnt be, the game is great

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

AnimeIsTrash posted:

and you shouldnt be, the game is great

Yeah Fanatical have it for 42% off for the next 22hrs which was good enough for me to take a look, I could do with a good AAA adventure game after the last few awful indies I have tried.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/uncharted-legacy-of-thieves-collection

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

NoneMoreNegative posted:

at one point i didn't expect game streaming to ever really be a thing, but another pro argument on the pile: less total bandwidth usage for an uncharted playthrough.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i guarantee this woman now has five kids, with those names, and a youtube channel full of gender reveals and kindergarten graduation parties

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Game Of Thrones spoiler: After being a 'heroic' character for seven seasons, Daenerys went insane and burned down the capital of Westeros.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sweevo posted:

i guarantee this woman now has five kids, with those names, and a youtube channel full of gender reveals and kindergarten graduation parties

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/stephaniemcneal/the-baby-name-meme-mom-is-back

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

InternetOfTwinks posted:

I mean, Yakuza 7 has a job system, and I enjoyed it quite a bit

that was great. first yakuza game i beat too!

i should beat ffx finally instead of bouncing off at sin and start ffx/2

i always read about the great job system in that game.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

According to the SSA there are a couple dozen men in the USA named Sephiroth, most of them in their early 20s

this made me think of that crazy saga of the final fantasy 7 house, and now i want to know what happened to those weirdos 20+ years later

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Sweevo posted:

you're not being cute by calling your kid Khristophyr, you're making their life hell

Also, don't name your baby after the baby your close friend just had. Which is something which happened to a friend of mine, and was very confusing and irritating.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Sapozhnik posted:

speaking of which the actual game World of Final Fantasy is surprisingly decent for what it is, although the tone is kind of all over the place. it starts off as a cutesy light-hearted homage to the previous games with some pokemon mechanics thrown in but by the end the story gets really quite dark and the plot ends in a way that is bittersweet at best. then the credit roll is super saccharine for some reason. it feels less like a deliberate subversion of expectations than a half-assed cash-in that suddenly decided to be more narratively ambitious late in its development, and actually did a pretty decent job of it but then it just ends abruptly.

you could tell this was going to happen because it was a chibi styled game, i dare you to find one that isn't batshit

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

a junior high school friend had a sister named Arwen, which would probably be a nice name up until the movies came out and became the biggest thing on the planet

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Dijkstracula posted:

a junior high school friend had a sister named Arwen, which would probably be a nice name up until the movies came out and became the biggest thing on the planet

thats why you name them Míriel and then hope they don't cry themselves to death in a field

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Sweevo posted:

really best practices is to use sequence numbers or guids

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Sweevo posted:

Wew almost thought i would be embarrassed naming my kid "Demons Souls Crow" but video games are off the list.

c sekiro s: got the shura ending, loving hell that was rough. Feel like missing out on the whole last zone or two and a few extra bosses really hampers your skill flexibility making this ending on NG a doozy. Might have been easier if i focused on one or two skill trees but i was kind of being add and went for living force first which is... Kind of garbage tbh

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
heh, the guy who attains victory is named Corvo Attaino

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

Chris Knight posted:

heh, the guy who attains victory is named Corvo Attaino

definitely the big thing that takes me out of the game is that it's hard to take someone named Corvo seriously

in my head all I hear is people caling him Cabot instead https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp1RTGZxBTw

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

c deathloop s: ok it's clicked this time, it's way more fun if you force yourself to ignore the stealth aspect

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

ngl it sounds like this lady kinda owns

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

Dall-E will hallucinate just the silliest-sounding words :xd:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Dijkstracula posted:

Dall-E will hallucinate just the silliest-sounding words :xd:
lmao her name is McKinli. she was born to do dumb poo poo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

pup tart is a cute name for a dog

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

When you have as many kids as the Mormons do, you gotta come up with some new names. Lakynn's homeschool class probably has like four Nayvies in it already

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

just combine a bunch of names into one

shayleighanna
brandonalanlee

easy

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Sweevo posted:

gonna name my kid birdo

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Achmed Jones posted:

ngl it sounds like this lady kinda owns

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
in shocking news she’s an anti Covid vax trump supporter

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

you could've just said Mormon

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

aw man

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

they say to never meet you heroes

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

there is egg on my face

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

ive played every final fantasy and theyre all good

I'm glad you've got that avatar back

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
assassins creed origins is on sale

if you havent played the worlds most accurate egypt simulator you need to. its not dusty, its green and good poo poo

honestly ubisoft spent more on making historially accurate egypts than small time educators etc ever could. benefit from them

its also a great game and the protagonist is real good

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

echinopsis posted:

I'm glad you've got that avatar back

:same:

scarryman is ftw

Schwawa
Jul 28, 2005

Dijkstracula posted:

a friend of mine used to play d&d with brothers named Aragorn and Gawain, and apparently they named their characters like “John” and “Steve”. Finally got to live out their fantasy of just being named normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

echinopsis posted:

honestly ubisoft spent more on making historially accurate egypts than small time educators etc ever could. benefit from them

and it has discovery tour which lets you run around in the open world, check out all the poi's and has multiple fully narrated "walking tours"