Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

graph posted:

:rolleyes: sporbpsball

https://twitter.com/BarrelJumpist/status/1482555373223440384

:bsdsnype:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
superb owl :xd: :xd: :xd:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

most owls are adequate at best

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

watched almost all of it uninterrupted. all of the solo home runs were pretty good, but it fairly uncomfortable for japan up until that double play

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

wife brought home breakfast. disco eggs. fries, gravy, mozz, two fired eggs.

i loving love jersey diner food. as a treat. can't eat this poo poo on the regular

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
cjs: Lady, if you need the thing to do the thing, you need to make a requirement for it, poo poo doesn't just build itself and I am not a mind reader.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

is a disco egg where you spike it with MDMA or something

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

hbag posted:

it's when you grate in those tiny mirrors from a disco ball

mystes
May 31, 2006

Disco egg gets some funny results on Google image search

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

hbag posted:

it's when you start playing thinking you're a kim, then worrying you're a harry, and by the end you realize you were in fact klaasje the whole entire time

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

quiggy posted:

most owls are adequate at best

you take that back

i thought we were pals

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cat Face Joe posted:

great poo poo. both of them already knew the conclusion

the other stat i saw last night is trout having a swinging 3rd strike as result for 20 out of 6000 ABs

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

cjs: after three days i have found the source of my memory leak. it's... a log statement??

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

quiggy posted:

cjs: after three days i have found the source of my memory leak. it's... a log statement??

some log framework that gives performance guarantees but best-efforts everything, including cleanup? very random guess, but had that in an autotrader at one time, and you're in a similarly performance-obsessed industry

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

some log framework that gives performance guarantees but best-efforts everything, including cleanup? very random guess, but had that in an autotrader at one time, and you're in a similarly performance-obsessed industry

actually i think it's our bespoke events system, it's subscribing a log statement to an object sending a change event, and swapping between the C# built-in Console.WriteLine and Unity's own Debug.Log does not fix the issue, even if the subscribed lambda doesn't pull the reactive object. gonna flag the guy who wrote it

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

quiggy posted:

why do you need logging, just boot up the game and use your eyeballs

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

ha ha jk it's my own code :negative:

this sounds like an after-lunch problem

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

this problem would not have happened if you had an owl to assist

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
set the log level to fatal and move on

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
is the log statement preventing garbage collection of an object reference in the statement?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

graph posted:

the other stat i saw last night is trout having a swinging 3rd strike as result for 20 out of 6000 ABs

haha fuk

https://twitter.com/osamabishounen/status/1638379683149668353

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Now this kind of baseball I can get into!

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Shaggar posted:

is the log statement preventing garbage collection of an object reference in the statement?

nah there's a bug somewhere in a chain of IDisposable objects, gonna spend some time this afternoon finding it

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
hahahahaa

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

rotor posted:

hahahahaa

holy poo poo lol

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Captain Foo posted:

holy poo poo lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

quiggy posted:

nah there's a bug somewhere in a chain of IDisposable objects, gonna spend some time this afternoon finding it

linq stuff being lazy evaluated can cause problems if you wait until after exiting a using statement to enumerate the contents. I dont think its defined behavior so i've seen some things just fail if a resource underlying the enumeration has been disposed, but i imagine there are some implementations that might lock a disposable resource open and fail to dispose if its still referenced.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

rotor posted:

hahahahaa

lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rotor posted:

hahahahaa

lol

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

rotor posted:

hahahahaa

i mean..

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

rotor posted:

hahahahaa

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

rotor posted:

hahahahaa

hell i'll quote it again

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
inside job baseball

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

rotor posted:

hahahahaa

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

cjs solved the bug, i was accidentally calling an extension method rather than the method i thought i was calling, meaning that resources weren't being tracked and freed properly. it's fixed now.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i wanna post that image where one dude is pointing at the monitor shaking his head like "well there's your problem" at the other dude

lacking that ill post this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHL75H_VEM

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Achmed Jones posted:

i wanna post that image where one dude is pointing at the monitor shaking his head like "well there's your problem" at the other dude

lacking that ill post this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHL75H_VEM

I love this wrestleman

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Captain Foo posted:

holy poo poo lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

PokeJoe posted: