Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

quiggy posted:

cjs solved the bug, i was accidentally calling an extension method rather than the method i thought i was calling, meaning that resources weren't being tracked and freed properly. it's fixed now.

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

quad damage

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

time to reward myself with: a nap

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

cjs: got added to a new project and boy they like to have meetings

also, i think it should be illegal to call something a "lunch and learn" if its' not in-person and lunch is provided

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

quiggy posted:

drat that sounds nice as heck

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Pile Of Garbage posted:

drat that sounds nice as heck

nap report: was nice as heck

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

quiggy posted:

nap report: was nice as heck

29 minutes is a good nap length, good work today quiggy

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

imo you could probably stretch it to 40 mins. push the envelope!

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

my pro napping strategy is actually a 15m timer, followed by a 5m timer. get 20m worth of sleep without any of the nap grogginess

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

also my dog recognizes the sounds of me getting ready for a nap so i always have a snuggle buddy :3:

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

drat quiggy you living the dream

edit: would like to see dogpics

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

here is my dog post-nap

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

quiggy posted:

my pro napping strategy is actually a 15m timer, followed by a 5m timer. get 20m worth of sleep without any of the nap grogginess

quiggy posted:

also my dog recognizes the sounds of me getting ready for a nap so i always have a snuggle buddy :3:

quiggy's elaborate nap ritual

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

quiggy posted:

here is my dog post-nap

awww they're adorable, very good dog

matti
Mar 31, 2019

quiggy posted:

aww

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Pile Of Garbage posted:

awww they're adorable, very good dog

he's a very good boy

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
p deece dog imo

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

good dog mode is the greatest

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos

quiggy posted:

here is my dog post-nap

hell yea, love 2 nap with dogs

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

still finding what my nap sweet spot is, what i do know is that anything north of 45 min leaves me very crabby

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

quiggy posted:

drat i just did this too. hell yeah

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

HamAdams posted:

hell yea, love 2 nap with dogs

i have never met a snugglier dog than gordon, he is the best

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

quiggy posted:

:3:

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Armitag3 posted:

still finding what my nap sweet spot is, what i do know is that anything north of 45 min leaves me very crabby

i hate when i sleep-in by the crabby amount which turns my morning from an awful chore to a nightmarish ownzone

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Armitag3 posted:

i have couch naps and bed naps. bed naps are more dangerous but more reenergizing. neither are more than one hour alarm on phone. i fall asleep for couch naps easier than bed naps, so sometimes i'll snooze a bed nap (also adding to danger). to combat the danger of bed naps i have rules: no under-the-covers, no blankets, i have to wear a shirt (uncomfortable), and my house mocs (also uncomfortable). these are p good at preventing the nap bulldozer

couch naps are on my back so i have to make sure i'm upright enough to not ruin the nap (i am not a back sleeper). but the advantage of this is that i can wear my sunglasses, and also get to burrito up in my afghan. couch naps are way easier to get up from than bed naps.

anything over a total hour of actual nap for either is the crab zone (this does not count time attempting to nap which for couch is ~10m bed is ~20m)

i hope this helps in your search for your nap sweet spot

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

excellent nap doctrine, imo

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

jesus graph you have this down to a science

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

quiggy posted:

lol eggy either:

- barks at me because it is not time to take a nap (not loudly enough to wake me up really, he's just complaining)

or

- clears the deck because he doesn't wanna get smooshed when i inevitably roll around

sometimes i miss having a bigger dog to snuggle with, but this is fine too :)

quiggy posted:

here is my dog post-nap

a good dog

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

that dog isn't long enough. nevertheless it is a very good dog. a+ would pet

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Armitag3 posted:

the napmaster

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Armitag3 posted:

it took me 13 months to learn to wfh. naps are a vitally, viscerally important part of it ime

i treaded a fine line winter 2021 when i entered the danger zone several times (e.g. accidentally napping from like, 1 to 4, but there was an external factor - neighbor getting a treadmill and getting on at 5am every day THUMP THUMP THUMPTHUMPTHUMP) and got Eyes on me so i had to work thru it

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

rotor posted:

the napmaster

schlafenmeißter

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
somnus domini

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
maître d' dormir

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
did you know? you can probably nap more than one time a day if they're far enough apart

standard daily weekday window is between 1 and 3. if i nap from 1 to 2 i can usually take another nap from say, 6 to 7 before groceries. neither usually affect being able to get 6-7 hours in that weeknight or sleeping in on the weekends, and those four hours postnap are the most work i'll get done that day

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

this is my life

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i just don't really get the nap thing. to each their own tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
dont forget to set your jiggler, and because we're never going longer than an hour, anyone hitting you up on teams or w/e has an under-an-hour buffer zone which can be brushed off with a 'whoops, just saw this'

if youre close with your c/w, if there's a Fire and theyre Cool you can have a Dual Agreement to text each other if said fire happens in either of your Nap Zones. the system works!

i hope these tips itt today can lead to a more positive wfh experience. happy napping