Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Shaggar posted:

deadgame BF2042 keeps trying to trick players into trying it by claiming they're fixing it to be more like an actual BF game but it still has characters and still doesnt have dedicated servers

despite the moment to moment on-foot gunplay being really good i have slowly grown weary of it and the fact they have slowly ruined the BF identity.

where is the loving destruction?

why is the vehicle balance complete and utter dog poo poo?

WHY DOES THE GOD drat BF GAME HAVE 2 TANKS ON A 128 PLAYER MAP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
they clearly saw cod and everyone doing 128 player big #s maps and were like "oh poo poo we need to do this" and worked backwards from there

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
they litterrally hired a COD guy to turn BF into COD with the ultimate goal of creating a live services microtransaction franchise and they totally failed

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Shaggar posted:

they litterrally hired a COD guy to turn BF into COD with the ultimate goal of creating a live services microtransaction franchise and they totally failed

did they lol, that explains a lot

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

all the footage of COD warzone that ive seen looks like total dogshit. all the colours are super saturated and everything is full bright. i believe this is because everyone is a turbo sweat and playing with the game set to full bright colour-blind mode is "the meta" or some poo poo. truly depressing

matti
Mar 31, 2019

voxel smoke seems sick and like a fun game mechanic

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

the one time i tried playing counterstrike everyone yelled at me because i went for the mission objective. :shrug:

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Sweevo posted:

the one time i tried playing counterstrike everyone yelled at me because i went for the mission objective. :shrug:

yea it sucks when you’re just trying to push the cart but your teammates are like “wtf newb get back in the lane and pull the creeps! omg did you seriously buy a shottie? kys”

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

i avoid that by simply refusing to play multiplayer games anymore

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Elder Postsman posted:

:hmmyes:

i play with little jones though. he never tells me to kill myself. but just in case we stick to coop

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

so far Deep Rock Galactic remains the only multiplayer game i can confidently play with chat & voice(!!!) left on

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i've actually been playing a little counter-strike for the past couple of weeks. still not great at it but i'm starting to find the fun. only had to turn voice chat off once

matti
Mar 31, 2019

cs, dotes, and wow are definitely games where you def get flamed if you have the audacity of playing them without a decade of experience, by some kid who absolutely has not played the game for longer than two years

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i quite enjoy barotrauma with the lads and virtual tabletop games with my old group. that said, i will never turn on voice if i have to use matchmaker for any game

i did keep voice on while playing TF2 on the lost continents, but that was also because i could pick the server that i was playing on

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

literally true of all games. i was watching a Suprememe Commander cast recently and someone in chat was chiding their low-ELO teammates for not knowing the meta to a super obscure decade old RTS lol

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Pile Of Garbage posted:

just beat Elden Ring in NG++ to get the final ending cheevo, don't think i've ever deliberately 100% the cheevos for a game on Steam before lol: https://steamcommunity.com/id/garbagedotnet/stats/appid/1245620/achievements

looking forward to the DLC. might also peep Sekiro that looks cool

this is the only game ever that I got 100% achievements in as well

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Pile Of Garbage posted:

literally true of all games. i was watching a Suprememe Commander cast recently and someone in chat was chiding their low-ELO teammates for not knowing the meta to a super obscure decade old RTS lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKP1I7IocYU

e: i actually like the thesis of this video more than its content, i would not watch it

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Pile Of Garbage posted:

the only other one i played was dark souls 1 which i bounced-off due to the whole tedious nature of the game (i don't mind the difficulty but having to walk >10 minutes to retry a boss is some dumb bullshit). i'd love to play Bloodborne but alas i don't have a console so Sekiro is my next best bet.

seconding that DS3 is very solid. it's like if you played elden ring but only the main boss dungeons one after the other with no open world. all killer no filler imo. they also allow you to warp between bonfires from the beginning. i forget if DS2 does but it's definitely less restrictive than 1

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

polyester concept posted:

this is the only game ever that I got 100% achievements in as well

:hfive:

edit: noice cheers ^^^

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Mr. Crow posted:

i was one of the few brain damaged people actually enjoying bf2042 at launch

same here - a friend and i would call each other so we could coordinate since the game didn't have built in voice chat lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Truman Peyote posted:

i've actually been playing a little counter-strike for the past couple of weeks. still not great at it but i'm starting to find the fun. only had to turn voice chat off once

its good, love me some deathmatch

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

apparently apex has tdm now

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

it looked all right. they had to do a few passes over it since there was no incentive to play it at first from what i understand

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

AnimeIsTrash posted:

its good, love me some deathmatch

i was disappointed doom eternal had no deathmatch

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
sucks that people need some sort of "incentive" to play other than "its fun", imo

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

while true, pretty much every online game that can't be privately hosted has been incentivised and people have been conditioned to expect that

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Elder Postsman posted:

co op is enough multi for me usually lol

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lmao this chilled jazzy tune and then 1:10 rolls around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6plVf2T6AOo

oh no blimp issue posted:

check it out, im in the house like carpet

lmao a discovery!

quote:

apparently "I'm in the house like carpet" wasn't originally written for persona, it was actually a sample from a german royalty-free stock sound library that also includes vocal samples. to quote genius.com

The song’s lyrics are lifted from the track “Swiny House” by the German sample CD company Masterbits. Masterbits provides musical and vocal samples and is heavily used by Japanese video game soundtracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f_VmSoZ7Z4

Now I want some different fresh beats behind the rhymes

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Elder Postsman posted:

the only good multiplayer game is splatoon

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
first time I played the original counter strike at some Internet cafe with some friend, and I was dying a lot but still running around having a little bit of fun doing shootmans, and no one told me you could upgrade your weapons so I was just running around with whatever the default was lol

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

echinopsis posted:

assassins creed origins is on sale

if you havent played the worlds most accurate egypt simulator you need to. its not dusty, its green and good poo poo

honestly ubisoft spent more on making historially accurate egypts than small time educators etc ever could. benefit from them

its also a great game and the protagonist is real good

after odyssey i kind of hated it but gave it another chance and wow it's good

great character, walking in memphis is good

the dlc is not great as usual, the greek afterlife is more fun imo

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

valhalla has a hades-like mode where you are invading jotunheim

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

matti posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKP1I7IocYU

e: i actually like the thesis of this video more than its content, i would not watch it

clicked this video

saw 1:24:14

immediately closed window

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Jabor posted:

sucks that people need some sort of "incentive" to play other than "its fun", imo

i have severe depression and literally the only thing that keeps me going in video games is achievements and poo poo lol. i need like. easily manageable, written out step goals

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
but also i was the hosed up kid whose idea of lego enjoyment was to build them slowly and meticulously according to the instruction before putting them on the shelves so it might be something deeper that's wrong with me

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
i just need people in life to tell me what to do. when they don't, poo poo happens like me failing to write my thesis cuz my supervisor wanted me to come up with a topic on my own

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
i should look into this bdsm thing

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
anyway ive been replaying dark souls 1 to round out my platinum achievements across the elden bloodsoulseks series and man that game is really loving frustrating in a way that feels out of the line with everything else that came after. i spent like half of the time backtracking. christ.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

goblin week posted:

i should look into this bdsm thing

What about findom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Give me $30,000