Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

PokeJoe posted:

I have real bad insomnia too. Surprisingly enough the most effective fix is... Amphetamine

oh you meant some kind of app, i see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
gone as hell off dat apphetamine

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

rotor posted:

yow!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Roosevelt posted:

i dont know what this means

as you travel inward the colors change. blue was stage 3 iirc. it's been a while!

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I’m a never-napper. There are dozens of us!!

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

And Johnny’s right, sleeping in sucks. It’s for when you want to feel lazy and useless, which I hate

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

rotor posted:

No I mean I take drug in the morning and it makes my insomnia at night not exist as much. I don't use an app lol

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
I cant nap unless im under the covers and absolutely exhausted. even when this little stinker wont sleep all night, once the sun is out im awake. I also cant fall asleep till at least midnight

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

PokeJoe posted:

No I mean I take drug in the morning and it makes my insomnia at night not exist as much. I don't use an app lol

ok so thats what i thought, garph is confusing me

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I used a sleep tracking thing for a long time but my length and depth of sleep skyrocketed when I moved back to Oregon so I didn’t need it anymore. I learned no lesson and my problems were everyone’s fault but mine

mystes
May 31, 2006

Fortaleza posted:

And Johnny’s right, sleeping in sucks. It’s for when you want to feel lazy and useless, which I hate
I feel that way anyway

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Fortaleza posted:

i don't like to sleep in either. honestly, getting an early morning jog in a few times a week fills me with energy and the best part is that there are no cars or anything aside from a few dog walkers

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Fortaleza posted:

I’m a never-napper. There are dozens of us!!

same, "naps make me feel more tired" crew checking in

also "sleeping in" to me means waking up after 8:00am

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i like waking up, then going back to sleep cause that few hours is when i get the really good dreams

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

waking up before 8am is torture to me

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

rotor posted:

i like waking up, then going back to sleep cause that few hours is when i get the really good dreams

i never remember my dreams and it rules, i actually get to rest instead of being a prisoner to my brain's cleaning process

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I sleep way better now that I got an apap, but it means that naps suck now

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

if im tired enough to be nodding off/taking microsleeps i usually will have very vivid, very short dreams in there, most notably when i was a high schooler nodding off in first period spanish class and dreamed i was on an operating table. one doctor said "you can't do that, it's unethical" and the other doctor responded "i don't care, i'm the lead surgeon on this case, and I say we eat him!"

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

that was the whole dream

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

graph posted:

i use macos so i recommend amphetamine

my understanding is that a hardware mouse jiggler is a better solution if you don't want the mouse jiggler process to show up in IT surveillance software

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Q: What did Mickey buy when his wife confessed she was feeling unsatisfied?
A:

Asleep Style posted:

a hardware mouse jiggler

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Fortaleza posted:

I learned no lesson and my problems were everyone’s fault but mine

lol

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

quiggy posted:

if im tired enough to be nodding off/taking microsleeps i usually will have very vivid, very short dreams in there, most notably when i was a high schooler nodding off in first period spanish class and dreamed i was on an operating table. one doctor said "you can't do that, it's unethical" and the other doctor responded "i don't care, i'm the lead surgeon on this case, and I say we eat him!"

lol

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i never remember my dreams and it rules, i actually get to rest instead of being a prisoner to my brain's cleaning process

once, way back when my son was an infant, i had a dream i was lying in bed dying, and my grown son was there, and he held my hand and i looked at him and i felt this overwhelming feeling of peace and acceptance because i knew it was ok to die because my time was done and he was grown and strong and that everything was as it should be and i died and then i woke up and honestly it was one of the most moving experiences of my life

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Asleep Style posted:

my understanding is that a hardware mouse jiggler is a better solution if you don't want the mouse jiggler process to show up in IT surveillance software

it is! but i dont have any of that

quiggy posted:

if im tired enough to be nodding off/taking microsleeps i usually will have very vivid, very short dreams in there

the three times i have gone lucid were powernaps before gigs

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i am bad at napping and sleeping in. maybe once my kid becomes a tween and doesn't want to hang out as much

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

graph posted:

the three times i have gone lucid were powernaps before gigs

weirdly I only go lucid when I am having a nightmare. this is a powerful skill to have because it lets me short circuit the nightmare and have a different, better dream

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

quiggy posted:

weirdly I only go lucid when I am having a nightmare. this is a powerful skill to have because it lets me short circuit the nightmare and have a different, better dream

envious

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

re: can't get your brain to shut up and meditation, two comments:

1. the more you practice, the easier it is
2. mantras help. it gives you something to focus on _doing_ that's more concrete than just noticing your breath and similar stuff. after a few minutes of a mantra my brain is normally ready to just relax for a while. i assume prayer wheels, malas, etc can serve a similar function

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Cat Face Joe posted:

waking up before 8am 9am is torture to me

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

rotor posted:

yeah same. i've been getting those ones where you think you're awake and just going through a normal morning but actually you're still asleep. good poo poo.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

rotor posted:

once, way back when my son was an infant, i had a dream i was lying in bed dying, and my grown son was there, and he held my hand and i looked at him and i felt this overwhelming feeling of peace and acceptance because i knew it was ok to die because my time was done and he was grown and strong and that everything was as it should be and i died and then i woke up and honestly it was one of the most moving experiences of my life

this is a nice story, thank you for sharing

Achmed Jones posted:

1. the more you practice, the easier it is

but that's work, i want to be enlightened now!!

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

rotor posted:

ive had dreams of giving blowjobs but this is neat too

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
a bit after i started riding motorcycle and was newly single, i had a dream where a cute girl was getting flirty with me and we decided we wanted to go on a motorcycle ride! She hopped on the back and said "let's go!" Her dad showed up and said "hang on a second, that's dangerous!" and her mom looked me up and down and said "It's okay. i trust him."

and i'll hang on to that for the rest of my life

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

When I joined the drumline in hs I started sleepwalking the marching routines until I discovered weed like a year later

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Jonny 290 posted:

a bit after i started riding motorcycle and was newly single, i had a dream where a cute girl was getting flirty with me and we decided we wanted to go on a motorcycle ride! She hopped on the back and said "let's go!" Her dad showed up and said "hang on a second, that's dangerous!" and her mom looked me up and down and said "It's okay. i trust him."

and i'll hang on to that for the rest of my life

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I pretty much never remember my dreams. But last night I dreamed a saw someone getting pushed off a roof out my window???

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

quiggy posted:

what a coincidence, I've had dreams of receiving them! probably nothing

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

quiggy posted:

ugh. i hate work-stress dreams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

PokeJoe posted:

what a coincidence, I've had dreams of receiving them! probably nothing

lol

Kenny Logins posted: