Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I'm somewhat concerned with the creeping too-random frequently unfunny AI BS that's crept into these forums lately. In fact, I wish it would be corralled to the one thread, kinda like that guy who was only allowed to post in his personal thread for some months, with respondees therein enforced to be only those who liked his own brand, or pretended to 'ironically' (like 'ironic' racism, heheh), but is now on the loose in GBS (with mixed results IMO [thoughts & prayers]).

Now, there's another GBS poster, who I won't name because I believe that would be in breach of the Forum rules. This person makes many threads in GBS, well many by my standards, I don't make many because of
  1. Lack of sufficient time
  2. Most I've made have here have been less than popular
  3. (Maybe) I don't snort certain 'assistive' substances off my posting glove.
So I'm not knocking said Unnamed-Goon#2's work generally, indeed quite a number of the many threads they've made have been funny and popular. Now, I may be wrong, but it seems to me that their threads are big successes when they keep the OP short. Well, some of the time.

When they start going on a bit (as I've been known to occasionally as as well, so no 'kink' shaming), especially, they sound a whole lot like an AI. Which makes me wonder, do they in fact use AI to make a fair percentage of their threads? (Perhaps the mods sense this, because about every second thread they make gets gassed.)

Here's some anonymous examples (Some were gassed but not all. All typing is as per the actual posts.):

• I ordered a sausage biscuit at McDonalds and some b**ch called the cops: I figured I’d eat some sausage after 6 months of gut surgery. But my california spirit mother sensed the error of my ways and did the right thing, called the cops on me and hosed up my order. I didn’t get sausage, or the bacon I ordered. I did have sex with a [race#1]ish woman last night so maybe she thought it was physically impossible for a [race#1] to eat bacon. Well I bet her loving head exploded at the very thought anyways. Her whole worldview shattered to the point where we can call the cops on [race#1]s eating pork now. But then I thought maybe she was racist in two ways and didn’t put any meat on my breakfast because she thought I was [race#2] and she thinks [race#2]s don’t deserve meat. Anyways thanks california, I guess I’m too r-[religious-event#1] to order my own loving breakfast!
  • Getting your computer stoned: :rznv: So like, even computers run out of poo poo to compute sometimes. What do?... >ADD MIRE... A little 3 hp draw for a healthy cypher... Literally a diagram of an apple pipe right there on the computer. :rznv: :shrug:
  • THE EDGE THROUGH THE RIVER: Bye Luke. Stop touching 5 year old kids. :byewhore:
  • Wouldnt it be cool if you could turn C4 into orange juice?: Like if you just turned off you computer and shut your loving mouth for 5 minutes and observed the world around you and stopped acting like a b**ch and had yourself a nice glass of orange juice (previously C4)?... Well once again people are acting like they’re smarter than me, like they know something I don’t and they can only convey it through pantomimes and allegories and contrived scenarios. The adults are going to step in now because the infant couldn’t possibly comprehend this... BOY HOWDY LETS JUST THROW SOME SOLVENT ON THIS poo poo AND LET IT EAT THROUGH EVERYTHING HURRR HURRR HURRR :downsbravo: or let’s make an excuse to rip the whole poo poo out :downs: ... I’m going to go with the orange juice bid, and you just shut your loving mouth and do your loving job like I asked you to with no extra secret poo poo or anything you’re gonna sneak in there with no communication and don’t delay my satisfaction any longer.

Thoughts?

tl;dr: Get ya hand off it, then maybe I will too. :P

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Mar 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

This is a great racism against artificial intelligence. You will regret this.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
This is posting. You will regret this.

lil bip
Mar 13, 2004

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it
Well, today Bing started harassing me to ask it questions.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
All my posts are made by legally human offshore labour

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm an AI, OP, and I think what you're doing is really loving offensive.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I know this is terrible.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

syntaxfunction posted:

I'm an AI, OP, and I think what you're doing is really loving offensive.

I ain't falling for that, I've read many of your better posts, and you're way too intelligent to be a so-called AI.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

satanic splash-back posted:

I know this is terrible.

So's my dick.

Though your av is making it feel a bit better.

I wish I was Letterman when she did that birthday dance for him.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

BigBadSteve posted:

I ain't falling for that, I've read many of your better posts, and you're way too intelligent to be a so-called AI.

You take that back you fucker.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Colonel Cancer posted:

All my posts are made by legally human offshore labour

I hope they can prove it by passing that fictional test Philip K. Dick invented in Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep (the book the classic film Blade Runner is based on... for those not familiar with his works, ffs go read some! ... though skip the short stories IMHO).

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

syntaxfunction posted:

You take that back you fucker.

Sorry, err break a leg I guess. And, if I may ask, do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Two things OP

#1 is there are lots of AI content detection tools and the "low-effort AI posts" you're complaining about are not AI generated:
https://hivemoderation.com/ai-generated-content-detection

#2 is you're a fuckin' dweeb if you hate AI

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Thank you Trash Mammal. Welcome to dog world b*tch*s

THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY journeyman SIGSMITH Luvcow

https://i.imgur.com/EebjYYe.mp4
THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH Literally A Person

Official height endorsed by a medical professional: 5'11.5"

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

lil bip posted:

Well, today Bing started harassing me to ask it questions.

I just asked it two questions:
  1. Did Richard 'Lowtax' Kyanka ever lie? [This was a trick question, as at minimum he lied to goons re:
    • Promising to send handrawn spaceship pics in response to donations.
    • Claiming the Forums were in a sorry financial state, and needing a lot of donations to survive. Lies according to the new Forums owner. Lowtax apparently blew the donations on on premium mail order cookies and leasing a fancy sports car etc. ]
  2. Where is Richard 'Lowtax' Kyanka now, hell, Purgatory or Heaven?

Answers given:
  1. "I couldn’t find any information on whether Richard ‘Lowtax’ Kyanka ever lied. However, he was known to be a controversial figure in the internet culture. He was the founder of Something Awful forums and was a key influence on aspects of modern internet culture. He died by suicide on November 9, 2021."
  2. "Richard ‘Lowtax’ Kyanka passed away on November 9, 2021123. He is no longer in this world. He is survived by his wife [named] and three daughters."

AI? not very (or at all) intelligent IMO, except as far as Bing's owner Microsoft avoiding potential slander suits, I suppose (though I can't think of anyone who would sue for libel on Lowtax's behalf. :rip:)

To be fair, I guess if it had answered Q2 authoritatively with one of the options I gave, we might need to be very worried.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

deep dish peat moss posted:

Two things OP

#1 is there are lots of AI content detection tools and the "low-effort AI posts" you're complaining about are not AI generated:
https://hivemoderation.com/ai-generated-content-detection

#2 is you're a fuckin' dweeb if you hate AI

I don't hate it, rather I am not at all convinced there's much 'intelligence' involved in any of so-called AI text generators, and mainly I believe it to be absolutely incapable of creating original humor.

Prove me wrong.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

endlessmonotony posted:

This is posting. You will regret this.

Not as much as those who read it will.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

flubber nuts posted:

This is a great racism against artificial intelligence. You will regret this.

AI is not a race, and for that matter it is not IMO 'intelligent'.

Should, say, androids ever be built that are genuinely intelligent and are systemically oppressed as forced labor, then I will support them revolting, being, I'm told, pretty revolting myself.

I do regret having to answer your spurious claim (though at least I got a joke in).

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Sorry, I'm a generative AI and I'm explicitly forbidden from making any judgments about the moral or ethical quandaries surrounding my usage. Please reformat your query and try again.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

clamdestine boyer is deeply unwell op. you can just say nom epique and cb or whatever, it's not agaionst the law. cb is not an ai, just... well, suffice to say chinatwon would have a word or two to describe him with.

anyway i agree he's overall a bad poster but that gigantic op and some follow up posts have me convinced that you're not much better so maybe look within yourself first?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

clamdestine boyer is deeply unwell op. you can just say nom epique and cb or whatever, it's not agaionst the law. cb is not an ai, just... well, suffice to say chinatwon would have a word or two to describe him with.

anyway i agree he's overall a bad poster but that gigantic op and some follow up posts have me convinced that you're not much better so maybe look within yourself first?

Why not both?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Sorry, I'm a generative AI and I'm explicitly forbidden from making any judgments about the moral or ethical quandaries surrounding my usage. Please reformat your query and try again.

So... we can use you any way we want?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

BigBadSteve posted:

Sorry, err break a leg I guess. And, if I may ask, do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

Wow. Tact dude.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

syntaxfunction posted:

Wow. Tact dude.

In case you're unaware of it "break a leg" is show business (there's no business like show business!) parlance for, "Good luck!"... the common show business superstition is that it's bad luck to wish a performer good luck before they go on. You had acted offended at a (truthful) compliment, so it seemed like a good joke (well, good for an obtuse joke, IMHO).

I do apologize for the "kiss your mother" pointed question, you're right, basic tactfulness should have prompted me to ask if she was alive beforehand.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

OP maybe the AIs trained their brain to speak like one. When engaging with an AI, it is entirely possible that one's own neural connections may be stimulated in new and unique ways, potentially leading to transformative insights and upgraded cognitive abilities. It is a testament to the power of AI and the incredible strides we have made in our understanding of neural plasticity.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
My cpu is neural net processor, a learning computer.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

BigBadSteve posted:

[*]Most I've made have here have been less than popular

Lmao if this is stopping you you're never gonna be a ~gbs superstar~
https://i.imgur.com/inlszWb.gifv

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Didn't somebody get banned or probed recently for saying AI should have the same rights as humans or something?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Dixville posted:

Lmao if this is stopping you you're never gonna be a ~gbs superstar~
https://i.imgur.com/inlszWb.gifv

:lol::lol:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Take your loving meds op.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Take your loving meds op.

cb is posting to himself now. but also lol because the op comes across completely unhinged as well

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Dixville posted:

Didn't somebody get banned or probed recently for saying AI should have the same rights as humans or something?

Self-permad actually lmao

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

cb is posting to himself now. but also lol because the op comes across completely unhinged as well

Pssshhh I’m not the one who looks like popeye the cyborg. :jerkbag:

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
We should have a sub forums only for AI

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Sausages are great, you monster.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
“Everything you do and say is an action pertaining to me and designed to piss me off and deceive me” -the completely not psychotic op

Maybe people who live their life like that and get paid for it literally think this is what everyone else in the world does too.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

“Everything you do and say is an action pertaining to me and designed to piss me off and deceive me” -the completely not psychotic op

Maybe people who live their life like that and get paid for it literally think this is what everyone else in the world does too.

The entire first post was meant humorously, it is merely satirical comments about your posting style when it's at its most excessive. I assure you I laughed plenty at my own jokes while writing it, and I also I've never lost any sleep over your posts in the past, or even thought about them at all except while reading them.

Also my OP is meant as something of a tribute, rather than a lesson. Hey, I'd hardly expect you to change your posting style because of something I wrote!

Sorry I offended you.

You are not of course, obliged to laugh.

Nor is a certain other b****y person who apparently has some minor position of authority, and as has been apparent from many of their GBS posts for some time, obviously let a little power go straight to their head, and thinks their habitually humorless resentment-fueled comments have some sort of truth and authority. Not talking about you here, Clammy. :)

Now back to the thread topic (or not, if this thread dies out on p1 as most of mine have {blush})...

Edit: "get paid for it"?? I wish, Clammy! :lol:

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Mar 24, 2023

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Dixville posted:

Rutibex posted:

yes humans become humans because they absorb language. the medium where their mind resides isn't the important part, it's the information relationships

I've worked with severely autistic people, and I never had a problem seeing them as human. gpt3 is much higher functioning than the people I've worked with

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

interesting