Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
So I can't be the only person that's slightly obsessed with trigger points. If you don't know what they are, it's what people in common parlance will call muscle knots. Painful/sensitive areas in muscles that may or may not have a palpable firmness. I think everyone gets these from time to time from sleeping wrong or due to stress/excess tension. I constantly am fighting with them mostly in my shoulders/ upper back and neck. You are supposed to be able to "release" them by massage or other methods but mine never seem to fully go away even if I have a professional massage or roll on a tennis ball or similar, I've even bought a bunch of self massage tools and books about it but nothing seems to fully solve it, though I do feel somewhat better and less tense if i do the massage. I used to also draw a hot bath but I moved to a place where I only have showers. l wanna know if anyone else has this problem and if you have found a solution to get rid of these things. A lot of the time I don't have issues or at least don't notice them, but from time to time they seem to flare up and I try to release them to no avail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

You need to do posture exercises to vanquish the enemy

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The only trigger point I care about is the Chrono Trigger.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I got sciatic pains in my right leg, outer thigh keeps going numb.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

cast off your putrid flesh and become machine

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
I practice posture exercises and get a half-hour massage once or twice a month. It took a while to find the right massage therapist but the one I go to now is really good.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I ignore them like everyone else, feels like a losing move to even know the name or to conceive of their existence

Konar fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Mar 23, 2023

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 39 minutes!
Metro New York UPS, my dad worked with a driver who had been personal security for Chiang Kai-shek. Little guy. He knew that IRL pressure point Kung-fu and got in the papers for stopping a mugging on his route with it. Like he could pinch your shoulder and drop you or make it so that you couldn't raise your arms. This other driver, Smitty, was always bugging him to teach him the moves but he wouldn't even teach his own kids.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Mega64 posted:

The only trigger point I care about is the Chrono Trigger.

:hmmyes:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

take potent drugs

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013
I have Trigger Points. They are called Myofascial Pain Syndrome, and they are forever. I get more every year that need to be "released" daily. I do 4.5 hours of Trigger Point massage every loving day, have for at least 10 years, and will til the day I die, because I like being able to walk and sleep. (Once upon a time, I had so few that I only needed half an hour before bed.)

Truthfully, "release" only lasts for a few hours. Pain pills don't work, but muscle relaxants do, again for a few hours.

What I'm saying is Welcome To Hell, OP.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

i play roller derby so my body is continually a mess of knots and bruises but it honestly helps a ton if i’m e.g. all hosed up and tight on my left side and someone bodyslams me at 30mph from the right

so like idk if you have the pain mostly on one side maybe try skateboarding into a parked car with your other side? it’s probably science

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 39 minutes!

GoodyTwoShoes posted:

I have Trigger Points. They are called Myofascial Pain Syndrome, and they are forever. I get more every year that need to be "released" daily. I do 4.5 hours of Trigger Point massage every loving day, have for at least 10 years, and will til the day I die, because I like being able to walk and sleep. (Once upon a time, I had so few that I only needed half an hour before bed.)

Truthfully, "release" only lasts for a few hours. Pain pills don't work, but muscle relaxants do, again for a few hours.

What I'm saying is Welcome To Hell, OP.

holy poo poo

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
The cure is a pint of vodka and some sweet back-alley acupunture

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I welcome being bent of back. Worked for my grandma. Granted she couldn't sleep on her back or stomach, but she lived to be 80-something

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
This is what happens when you hold in your farts OP

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I don’t have painful knots because I treat my body like a temple, a temple to Phloppus, the heretofore unknown Roman god of indolence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Enter key OP. Fucks sake, I'm triggered.