Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

https://twitter.com/step_nie/status/1637916697360486400?s=46&t=lxskg4i8VJ2b8R0m-wxJBQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

J.O. DISK PIC

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

people do that though lol

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
also no matter how hard you try, a playlist in itself can't be pretty and/or aesthetically pleasing in the same way am image can be

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i am currently building the world's most convoluted mixed reality headset* for a cyberpunk themed halloween costume this year. i'll post some pics if it comes together

*i have an oculus dk1 and a kinect 360 and they are being strapped together in a very ugly fashion

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

:rodtronics:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

do you have stairs in your disk

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
my data is protected

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Finger Prince posted:

Look at this stupid thing.

The closer you get to it, the worse it looks.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

hubless wheels are fine, i want to see what they did with the front

$5 says its just plastic around a normal front suspension

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

l'automobile m'lady

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

there is so much about that bike that’s not fine. like the box section tube from Home Depot that makes up the swingarm, the chain slack, the mountain bike suspension, etc etc etc

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

rotor posted:

yeah the wheels look ok, the rest of it does not lol

probably around 2004(?) there was a foss tron cycle game that i can't remember the name of right now but getting those vibes off it

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

ah yes Cleftron

combining Cleft lip and Tron

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

there is so much about that bike that’s not fine. like the box section tube from Home Depot that makes up the swingarm

lol i didnt notice the 1" box section swingarm

box section swingarms are fine, just not that small

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Beeftweeter posted:

yeah the wheels look ok, the rest of it does not lol

probably around 2004(?) there was a foss tron cycle game that i can't remember the name of right now but getting those vibes off it

armagetron?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

there was a model and sound pack to reskin it to match tron and it was a weirdly popular in my designer friends circle

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

infernal machines posted:

i am currently building the world's most convoluted mixed reality headset* for a cyberpunk themed halloween costume this year. i'll post some pics if it comes together

*i have an oculus dk1 and a kinect 360 and they are being strapped together in a very ugly fashion

:eyepop:

even if it doesn't come together, post pics anyway

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

rotor posted:

Except for making EVERYTHING about wheels harder, like more bearings, a wheel that requires a lot of work to change, etc.

Neat gimmick, absolutely useless as an actual vehicle

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

hah yeah i think that was it

e: maybe it was GLtron, i'm not sure. they look pretty similar anyway and i think i played them both

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i'm the chain that's off the top of the front sprocket

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

absolutely post as it comes together

sounds like you're going to render the kinect point cloud into the field of view of the oculus?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Beeftweeter posted:

hah yeah i think that was it

e: maybe it was GLtron, i'm not sure. they look pretty similar anyway and i think i played them both

ooooh yeah, i forgot about that one! i don't know why one caught on over the other in my group

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Glorgnole posted:

sounds like you're going to render the kinect point cloud into the field of view of the oculus?

if it’s a Halloween costume I’m guessing it won’t be functional and just has to look like it’s covered in tech greebles

absolutely post pictures. maybe in the projects thread tho

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Glorgnole posted:

yeah, that's the plan so far, anyway. planning to just bodge something together in unity if i can, and then see if there's some practical way to overlay windows rendered to a texture on top of it so that i can still interact with the desktop.

the latency on the kinect is super low, which i wasn't expecting. makes it a lot easier than the earlier prototype that was just streamed video from a webcam that had like 2000 ms delay.

i also have a sdr receiver i'd like to hook up for some cool visuals, plus an actual reason to have antennas sticking out

haveblue posted:

if it’s a Halloween costume I’m guessing it won’t be functional and just has to look like it’s covered in tech greebles

absolutely post pictures. maybe in the projects thread tho

i forgot there was a projects thread. it'll go there.

it will be at least semi functional. not because that makes any sense to do, but because that's the fun of doing it in the first place.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
Remember the implied super horny part about cyberpunk? Maybe now that AI boobs are as easy to generate as it is to think about them, we'll start seeing everything getting super horny super fast.

Exhibit A:

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7213445991813352747

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

would've been better with less incredulous shouting

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
I really don't like that guy.

Unrelated:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

people need to calm down

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

rotor posted:

people need to calm down
it would be kind of fun for one of these shouty long-haired ginger dudes to rely solely on tiktok lady voice for a change

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

PARKER
BRO
CONCEPT

for wyclef jean

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

rotor posted:

people need to calm down
I was watching that on mute and saw the gesturing and figured it was just ranting and raving as usual, and when I turned the volume up it had some delay on top of the audio, and I was wondering why the gently caress you would put a digital delay effect on your voice if you're just ranting away lol. it went away after I did something, but lord knows how I managed to trigger that on

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
hey I did it again?! like I think awful.app is playing the embed and then also showing it full screen so I get two audios

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Chris Knight posted:

hey I did it again?! like I think awful.app is playing the embed and then also showing it full screen so I get two audios

yeah it does that sometimes idk why

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
wow what an awful app

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Chris Knight posted:

iirc the audio and the video are two separate file streams that get muxed by the player widget during playback

twitter does this too for embeds, to keep you from lifting the content directly

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

iirc the audio and the video are two separate file streams that get muxed by the player widget during playback

never had it with Twitter, just this TikTok so far

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

yeah it had offset audio but then I closed the video which turned out to be the top one, which was silent, and the bottom one was synced ok

lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

they are with most streams for "smooth streaming". generally you get a m3u8 playlist with separate audio, video (both with several different resolutions and bitrates) and text tracks (separate languages usually) so that it can degrade reliably, which is unfortunately usually treated as being more important than proper sync

there are ways of interleaving the tracks but most providers don't bother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005