Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Dixville posted:

California started charging everyone 10 cents per (supposedly reusable) plastic or paper bag you get at a store shortly after i moved here. Supposed to cut back on waste but it seems like everyone just pays for the bags instead of bringing reusable ones. I guess according to the "californians against waste" if you use them 8 times they have a lower carbon footprint than the thinner bags but most people don't seem to do that, I'm pretty sure most people don't recycle them either because the recycling receptacle at the stores never has anything in it except trash people threw in by mistake. So basically it's just creating thicker bulkier trash. California has passed some pretty dumb laws but on the plus side you can still get a safe abortion and smoke weed and take your kids to a drag show (maybe even all at the same time!) so in conclusion, California is a land of contrasts.

I don't know how people don't have like 20 different reusable bags stocked up from various street festivals and businesses and work events handing them out, but I never pay for bags at the store

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

It’s like this, imagine the dumbest person on Baywatch, then LOWER your standards, then chug like 5 bottles of airline booze and pop an ambien (but fight it off). Now you are ready to have a conversation with a Californian.

clam normally i'm with you on absolutely everything you say but california ranks #20 in the nation as far as schooling goes which i'm afraid does not support your assertion

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mozi posted:

clam normally i'm with you on absolutely everything you say but california ranks #20 in the nation as far as schooling goes which i'm afraid does not support your assertion

Because all the teachers just pass people to act like they are doing/are capable of doing their job.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I don't know how people don't have like 20 different reusable bags stocked up from various street events and businesses and work events handing them out, but I never pay for bags at the store

Yeah I'm not saying everyone does it but if you look around at the store it seems like the majority of people just pay the 10 cents instead for whatever reason. Just what i have noticed but maybe it's different in other areas. I wish the law would have worked as intended but it seems a lot of people don't seem to care even though the majority voted for it.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
People actually seem to be, hurt, when you say words here too. They get all tensed up and puckerfaced, like a very pale person who is emerging into the sunlight for the first time after a 3 day bender. They squint their eyes, like they’re trying to close them to keep the words from going into their ears, somehow.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And like, ok, people use computers, but it’s mostly to look up the latest form of hate speech that circumvents the legal definition of hate speech. Just for things to say to sound smart.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but I love my some sour coke bottles. Besides that sometimes I'll have some chocolate. I don't think I've thought too much of candy for a long time.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The state of california has made a powerful enemy in marshawn lynch

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I just eat candy when people bring it to work. Been snacking on rolos since Halloween because no one else seems to like them. My favorite is Twix though. And sour patch kids. I guess they use red 40 so they should be safe from THE LIBERALS :argh:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
People out here ain’t about nightclubs and bikini babes on the beach, people are about that shut in lifestyle and getting sad when cops die.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Mountain Dew shrinks your wiener

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nuts and Gum posted:

But if you’ve been drinking it your whole life, it’s really just been holding you back. :thunk:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFIewQRbu4M

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

But if you’ve been drinking it your whole life, it’s really just been holding you back. :thunk:

I should stop so I can unleash the beast but I just can’t stop buttchugging Baja Blast. Taco Bell is very litigious and are prudes btw

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Dixville posted:

I just eat candy when people bring it to work. Been snacking on rolos since Halloween because no one else seems to like them. My favorite is Twix though. And sour patch kids. I guess they use red 40 so they should be safe from THE LIBERALS :argh:

Twix is great. It's also pretty easy to get in my part of the world now.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Nuts and Gum posted:

I didn't know your mom's name was Mountain Dew

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
please do not take my baby's food away

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
If Skittles is banned in California they'll just switch to the slightly more expensive dye lol

Planned in advance of course and delayed to conduct a political smear campaign to cow people into voting Republican for slightly better egregious profit margins

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nuts and Gum posted:

I should stop so I can unleash the beast but I just can’t stop buttchugging Baja Blast. Taco Bell is very litigious and are prudes btw

I don’t even know what’s what in the Mountain Dew world anymore tbh. I stopped drinking it when I realized it has raw vegetable oil in it, not because I had a california freakout and did a high level sociopolitical cleansing of demons and evil spirits in our food, but because it leaves that film on your tongue and you can’t taste anything but hypersalted Taco Bell with like 4 packs of hot sauce on it. I figure I have to make the best of the salt rations I have. :shrug:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Texas and California are pretty good illustrations of the downside of single-party rule

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
It could be weirder if it had cooked vegetable oil

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Be the psychotic brat california keeps presenting to you. :haibrow:

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I bought lawn chairs once in California that had cancer warnings on them.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

General Dog posted:

Texas and California are pretty good illustrations of the downside of single-party rule

Weak

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Ain't nobody need to eat Skittles

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

kntfkr posted:

candeez nutz

look at this pigs candy coated balls

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

The Human Crouton posted:

Ur gonna get ball cancer from sitting in them sorry to break this devastating news :(

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I thank God everyday I live in California

Compared to the rest of the country I mean

I didn't get here until I was 40 so I understand thinking California yuck

I want to take every goon in the South that has any health issue at all and move them all up here into a giant goon commune

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

They put that poo poo on everything to spread the blame around because the Disney corporation causes so many genetic mutations and human toxicity that you might as well say anything made of carbon in any configuration causes cancer. You can sit on a wooden stump 50 miles from the nearest city with no campfire and a bag of raw pintos from Mexico if you want to be completely safe. Probably don’t use soap or a toothbrush or any kind of 2 ply toilet paper.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Dixville posted:

Ur gonna get ball cancer from sitting in them sorry to break this devastating news :(

I'll just put a towel over the chair before I sit on it. A towel I bought in California that also causes cancer.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I'll just put a towel over the chair before I sit on it. A towel I bought in California that also causes cancer.

Man you’re gonna get dick AND ball cancer. :negative:

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Man you’re gonna get dick AND ball cancer. :negative:

I'm going for the record.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
They sell Skittles in Europe, right? Pretty sure they already make a version that doesn't contain poison.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I'm going for the record.

That’s that crazy whitewash talk again.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
on the one hand california is banning cancerous chemicals and on the other hand texas is hunting down ladies who wear trousers

politics :jerkbag:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Private Cumshoe posted:

on the one hand california is banning cancerous chemicals and on the other hand texas is hunting down ladies who wear trousers

politics :jerkbag:

What nobody can get a selfie stick under there? :thunkher:

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Mifepristone is banned in Wyoming :lmao:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Private Cumshoe posted:

Mifepristone is banned in Wyoming :lmao:

oh its gonna be banned in every red state soon

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Countdown to people eating carcinogens to own the libs

Drinking glasses of straight Red Dye No3 and immediately growing cancer from every skin cell and organ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Buce posted:

oh its gonna be banned in every state soon