Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

https://twitter.com/Wsxmoe/status/1639064072359673856

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Republic of Goatse

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

https://twitter.com/NoContextBrits/status/1639037644826103811?t=1IaD-Mphb8gEPFhsGGSZXA&s=19

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

so everyone can know you're a citizen of the Republic of Gamers

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

a fungible token??

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

it's giving you a hint that it's time to propose... to your computer!

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

akadajet posted:

it's giving you a hint that it's time to propose... to your computer!

I haven't seen that image in ages and it's just occurred to me that the fact it's a real tank top implies that they probably put "detail" on the front and that it can get fully nude

someone has hosed that computer.

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

it's from a "famous" case modder from norway if i remember right, he brought that thing to the gathering in the early naughts

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

someone has hosed that computer.

so hard the fingers fell off

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I wish there were a gamers nexus review of that case where they complain mostly about air flow, and ignore all of the other obvious creepiness about it

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

when i hear "the gathering" i always think "of the juggalos"

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Achmed Jones posted:

when i hear "the gathering" i always think "of the juggalos"

I don’t know of any other tbh

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

the gathering of the immortals

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

The Fool posted:

the gathering of the immortals
holey ground!!

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gathering_(LAN_party)

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/GENIC0N/status/1639706556169166848?s=20

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I see these shits walking around my neighborhood on an almost daily basis

They haven't hosed w/ me yet but I give them a side eye and a wide berth regardless

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Sapozhnik posted:

I see these shits walking around my neighborhood on an almost daily basis

They haven't hosed w/ me yet but I give them a side eye and a wide berth regardless

I don't think they'll do much to mess with you. You can kick their rear end and they wont do poo poo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

https://mobile.twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1639779905230749698

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

lmao

I was in Paris last week and we went on a boat up the Seine (pretty good actually even though it makes you a mega tourist) and about 5 mins in all the people at the front of the boat got these massive banners and flags out and started shouting "down with macron!" it absolutely ruled

just like a whole 45 mins of looking at bridges and a labour union demo, I've got a bunch of pictures of my wife holding our daughter in front of a massive banner with something like NON! Written on it

A+ would accidentally join a protest march again

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

hmm

isn't macron trying to raise the pension age from 62 to 64? isn't 62 very low compared to most other european countries?

should this issue really result in all those riots? it's not like the median living age is going downwards

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Tankakern posted:

it's not like the median living age is going downwards
a physically laborious job can in fact lower your life expectancy when you have to work additional years on the tail end of it. plus you have that many additional years where you're not yet enjoying your retirement after working your whole gd life. shorter golden years and shorter life overall

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Tankakern posted:

hmm

isn't macron trying to raise the pension age from 62 to 64? isn't 62 very low compared to most other european countries?

should this issue really result in all those riots? it's not like the median living age is going downwards

lol France those are rookie numbers you gotta get that life expectancy down

https://twitter.com/The_TUC/status/1638513698187689984

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Tankakern posted:

hmm

You mean isn't the retirement age in the other European countries very high compared to that of France?

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

drat slovenians got it good compared to all their neighbors

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

i don't think that chart is correct at all

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

someone just went wild with the paint bucket tool

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
From just my vague memory of looking at a wikipedia list a few days ago: that map is very not correct

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Tankakern posted:

hmm

weird how the country that sets cop cars on fire and marches on the palace whenever someone tries to attack labour conditions has relatively good protections for workers. probably there's nothing to learn from that

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

it's like somebody is trying to make a chart as lovely as possible for colorblind people. it's actually impressive how bad it is

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Tankakern posted:

hmm

oh yeah for sure just let the government have this one they definitely won't try anything like it again just this once it's fine

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
im sorry if the map sucks!

:shrug: it was the first one that popped up on google and matches with what i know about a few countries, so i assumed the rest was right too. they may be cherry picking exceptions and using those to determine ages, or maybe they're incorporating future changes that have already been written into law

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

the cool thing about french pensions is that every possible thing you could say about them is true for (part of) someone's pension. there are like a billion different components that depend on your exact age, occupation, employer and location

e: Reuters has an english language summary although like everyone else they haven't done an actual distributional impact analysis themselves, I suspect because it's almost impossible

distortion park fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Mar 26, 2023

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Tankakern posted:

hmm

the problem here is not that the French are unreasonable

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

https://twitter.com/Heathcliffhelms/status/1639883741416808458

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

I mean how can you hate on this?

https://twitter.com/juanbuis/status/1616426759259578368?s=20

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

fuckin rad

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

mecs roque

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Tankakern posted:

hmm

62 is the absolute legal minimum to retire, but you'll only get a fraction of the full pension until 67, unless you qualify by having made enough contributions across the years already by e.g. not going to college and working every year since age 18

with the new changes that's now 64-69

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

EricBauman posted:

drat slovenians got it good compared to all their neighbors

60 in slovenia is only if you started working straight out of high school and never took any time off. it's 65 otherwise

e: the map is bad in the same way that those maps showing 'maternity' leave lengths are bad, because they generally only strictly look at the time off for the mother, and ignore that some countries are lower in that regard, but offer far more time off overall than others in the form of general 'parental' leave that either new parent can use

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Mar 26, 2023