Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I've heard yammer can be used for beer pong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Zlodo posted:

guy who rambles on and on during the daily standup about whatever architectural choice in the engine caused him grief the previous day

dude I'm the only other programmer in our tiny feature team and even i don't give a gently caress and everyone else in the meeting care even less, just say what you worked on and let's end this already

my cowkrers do this and derail every meeting by 10-20 minutes

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
guy who schedules an hour long meeting and then another half hour long meeting immediately afterwards and then runs over on the first meeting and then you get up and go take a piss between meeting 1 and meeting 2 and when you get back 120 seconds later you see a teams message asking why you haven't joined meeting 2

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Sapozhnik posted:

guy who schedules an hour long meeting and then another half hour long meeting immediately afterwards and then runs over on the first meeting and then you get up and go take a piss between meeting 1 and meeting 2 and when you get back 120 seconds later you see a teams message asking why you haven't joined meeting 2

:jihad:

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
EPM who always schedules design meetings for a half hour

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Person who starts talking, and then when told to go ahead, they say "sorry, I was just going to say" and then say the thing.

SO YOU'RE NOT REALLY SORRY YOU DUMBO

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Sagebrush posted:

I've heard yammer can be used for beer pong?

HELL YES TO GETTING LIT ON A MONDAY NIGHT

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

hella noms

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
"Okay, gonna give everyone some time back" my brother in christ this standup has never taken longer than 10 minutes that's on you for scheduling 30 every time

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
if i am running a meeting i always say "i'll stop stealing your time" instead of that.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
I say "alright I'll call it there" but cut myself off by closing the tab

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

tak posted:

good guy/gal; most meetings spend way too long on goodbyes

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

You are now free to move about the cabin

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

~Coxy posted:

good guy/gal; most meetings spend way too long on goodbyes

I actually don't mind meetings that spend too long on goodbyes because it's an opportunity for me to socialize with my coworkers (which I enjoy doing) but it's at the end of the meeting so anyone who is not interested can just mute/minimize the meeting and do whatever they need to do - unlike taking too long saying "hi" which I also enjoy but recognize that all the misanthropes hate.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

tak posted:

I once put something about leaving meetings a bit abruptly as the most softball bit of feedback I could think of in a 360 review thingy and in my next meeting with the person they spent ages saying goodbye. Serves me right I suppose!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Sapozhnik posted:

guy who schedules an hour long meeting and then another half hour long meeting immediately afterwards and then the first meeting ends in 20 minutes so he waits those 40 minutes for the next one to start instead of asking everyone if they're ok starting it now

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

guy that shows up to meetings like a chump beta bitch instead of always 👏 being 👏 tentative 👏 and “double booked” alpha corporate chad

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

too much effort. just show up, agree to do anything you're asked, and then never do it

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Cat Face Joe posted:

too much effort. just show up, agree to do anything you're asked, and then never do it

:hmmyes:

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

the uxui designer sharing their entire screen with a "2396 unread e-mails" badge on outlook

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Dude who is sharing a laptop with another attendee but is sitting too far away so always one of them is too loud and the other one is too quiet

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

go play outside Skyler posted:

a "2396 unread e-mails" badge

hi

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

yo i just got all the fancy poo poo based on the dont buy a yeti thing but w a larger interface so i could plug music poo poo in

this lags a lot in meet/discord but not via obs to youtube/twitch, prob sample rate but it only lets me go down to 44.1k via the drivers in osx

its very good when it works but trying to figure out the webmeet making GBS threads the bed part is harder

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

me, not paying attention, on my phone

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

guy who raises hand in teams instead of clapping or whatever and quietly lowers it when the presenter spends a minute asking what the question was

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

nvrgrls posted:

Dude who is sharing a laptop with another attendee but is sitting too far away so always one of them is too loud and the other one is too quiet

the useful person is the quiet one and the loud one acts like some sort of out of context hype-person

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

post hole digger posted:

"oh for sure man" - aforesaid guy, to his boss employee, raptly

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Guy who scheduled a meeting with 50+ people and doesn’t put it in presenter mode and also disables non-admin mute functions

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Guy who works from home, never uses the headset for calls and when anybody talks, his hyperactive dumbass corgi starts barking, so you either start a shouting match with the increasingly agitated dog or just accept that half of what you are trying to say will be yapped over

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

tech lead who demos thing, forgetting to close stackoverflow tab with hilariously basic question

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

jesus WEP posted:

tech lead who demos thing, forgetting to close stackoverflow tab with hilariously basic question

hey :mad:

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

I have "subnet mask to cidr" google search up and if I share my screen with a ccna I'll never live it down! :ohdear:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

nvrgrls posted:

I have "subnet mask to cidr" google search up and if I share my screen with a ccna I'll never live it down! :ohdear:

lol i use those all the time

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

jesus WEP posted:

It's uhh because I've forgotten more than the jr's have even learned in the first place

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

nvrgrls posted:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

nvrgrls posted:

big samesies

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
sign that you're a competent network jockey:

you have a "subnet to cidr calculator" tab up at all times

work smarter not harder

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

fixed

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

guy who, after you offer a lengthy explanation for something, gives you the colombo special and goes “that makes sense that makes sense, but <something completely different or opposite to what was agreed>”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i like how you're a murderer in this analogy