Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

OsteoMcB posted:

Ah yes, cali doing more weird poo poo to no one’s surprise

Ah yes, banning poo poo that kills people, those weird californians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
California sucks but at least i don't have to worry that my girlfriend is going to get snitched on by some dipshit with an IQ so low they're eating colored paraffin wax by the fistful

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The state where people think running to a door faster than a disabled person, opening the door, and spreading their body over the span of the door and standing halfway in the opening with their dick pointed at you and motioning you through the narrower space they have created for someone with a known mobility impairment is doing you a favor and not sexual assault.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Note to self: always hold door open for Clam

TBH if the EU already banned this dye then there’s probably a good reason for not using it and the US still doing so it because it’s cheaper for the companies at our expense so go Cali I guess

girl befriender
Sep 22, 2014

by vyelkin

Drone_Fragger posted:

Im still not convinced those "my child ate red dye and now theyre crazy" posts are not just "my child ate 200 grams of sugar in 20 minutes and was very energetic and then very sleepy and out of it", becsuse that's normal sugar rush behaviour.

anything you eat that gives you stomach bloat could be giving you transient hypertention through the liver. any of the red colored kool-aids used to do it to me and give me headaches. it's not like it's toxic, plenty of normal foods can bloat me up depending on portion sizes or fat content or whatever.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think what the real issue is that you guys are all sensitive pussies and you can’t take a bag of skittles without actin like a bitch.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If only we could pass a law to stop the American heart association from using sarin nerve gas on people who don’t donate change to their aggregate network, poo poo that would be great people should get on that. :shuckyes:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
i'm actually a little surprised you're in favor of just keeping using whatever random chemicals were grandfathered in without knowing their long-term effects

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Liberal cancel culture trying to disappear all american carcinogens :argh:

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
The pee-fast is in my bones

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mozi posted:

i'm actually a little surprised you're in favor of just keeping using whatever random chemicals were grandfathered in without knowing their long-term effects

They should make a law against people non consensually representing other peoples misinterpreted political opinions in a political climate where such opinions could be used for political leverage, particularly where state of emergency type situations have bipassed voter discretion and given state authorities direct legislation over matters which would otherwise require a vote.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

A popular red food dye (cochineal?) Is made from the bodies of crushed insects. I am not kidding. I'm not sure if that's the same as Red Dye #2.

Ban all insects in food IMO, unless they're labelled as such on the packaging.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Let's get a GoFundMe going for Clammy to be sent to a retreat in Idaho with the rest of em

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

They should make a law against people non consensually representing other peoples misinterpreted political opinions in a political climate where such opinions could be used for political leverage, particularly where state of emergency type situations have bipassed voter discretion and given state authorities direct legislation over matters which would otherwise require a vote.

maybe we can put some chemicals in the water so people are just groovy to each other

i mean i'd love for politics to involve less lying and misrepresentation but at the end of the day it's a human deciding that and if you set up that power structure eventually it'll be occupied by the worst human in the world

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

BigBadSteve posted:

A popular red food dye (cochineal?) Is made from the bodies of crushed insects. I am not kidding. I'm not sure if that's the same as Red Dye #2.

Ban all insects in food IMO, unless they're labelled as such on the packaging.
All food should contain insects instead.

All food contains insects in one way or another but I mean on purpose.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

At least here in Australia, there are jokes about not giving red cordial to kids. I've read that a red coloring that used to be used really did overstimulate people who consumed it. But according to the same article, it stopped being used decades ago. Maybe it's still in use in California, and it's use might explain some of the many flakes who live there.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

zedprime posted:

All food should contain insects instead.

All food contains insects in one way or another but I mean on purpose.

Do you own a cockroach farm or something?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
insect carapaces are high in chitin, which acts as a good source of fiber as well as boosting the immune system, reducing inflammation and improving skin and nail health

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mozi posted:

maybe we can put some chemicals in the water so people are just groovy to each other

i mean i'd love for politics to involve less lying and misrepresentation but at the end of the day it's a human deciding that and if you set up that power structure eventually it'll be occupied by the worst human in the world

You can’t put chemicals in the water though. People have been trying to put chemicals in the water every day since whenever and failing and getting angry about it. So it doesn’t matter what your opinion is.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Cochineal is much, much more expensive than synthetic food dyes, you should feel lucky to get to eat it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBNySB2jpVg

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I think they made skittles too sexy, and that is a more pressing concern

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Mozi posted:

insect carapaces are high in chitin, which acts as a good source of fiber as well as boosting the immune system, reducing inflammation and improving skin and nail health

Will it also give me a glossy coat?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The persistent argument, at least around here, is that the government needs to be given a fair opportunity and enough time to try to kill people. It wasn’t fair that their weapons failed and worthy of a perpetual murderous investigation where they are given a fair chance to prove their weapons on civilians. I DON’T agree with that.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

itry posted:

Will it also give me a glossy coat?
Yes. How do you think dogs get glossy coats? For all the dogs I've ever met it's just constantly eating beetles.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
We should just be eating more bugs in general. Yes, for environmental bullshit, but also because I hate them.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
it would be cool if 'you are what you eat' was more literal and if you wanted to have butterfly wings you could just eat 10 butterflies a day

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Mozi posted:

it would be cool if 'you are what you eat' was more literal and if you wanted to have butterfly wings you could just eat 10 butterflies a day

You are what you eat is plenty literal. Everything in your body was ate by you.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
oh god i'm a cannibal

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I knew it

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I don't like Skittles, they react with the vinyl choride in my water causing me tremors and seizures. So I cut out the Skittles and upped the ivermectin to get me back to normal. Increased my daily Bud Ice intake also.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Devils Affricate posted:

Ah yes, banning poo poo that kills people, those weird californians

Dosage matters. They're not weird, they're morons.

that g ova there
Mar 1, 2023

by Hand Knit
Ban sugar, save the children USA feds. Whatcha gonna say to that?

Private Cumshoe posted:

All humans look like horses to cops and EMTs because they have virtually no medical training or knowledge

White men with brown hair who aren't explicitly ugly are basically horses to me. They really benefit from home training.

that g ova there
Mar 1, 2023

by Hand Knit

Drone_Fragger posted:

Im still not convinced those "my child ate red dye and now theyre crazy" posts are not just "my child ate 200 grams of sugar in 20 minutes and was very energetic and then very sleepy and out of it", becsuse that's normal sugar rush behaviour.

And they ate a lot of the red because that';s usually the best tasting color or some secret reason 'they' don't want you to know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
like all of t hose ingredients are in red mnt dew lol. or were at some point back in the early 00's