Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
We just made contact today on Discord, chill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
worms and I have been trying for a literal week to be free at the same time for a game and it hasn't worked, so screw it, gimme the loss and we'll do a new event.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
I’m open to suggestions. Stars is this still something you wanna do?

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
So, with Beyond Amazing, team Hawaiian Shirt is starting to become viable. We've got the new Kingpin, the recent Blob, and a Killing Joker or two. Anybody else that can join the club?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

We did Beyond Amazing today and I pulled super well. And there were an odd number of players I actually got to play!

Booster 1 had Symbiote Thanos, Booster 2 had Green Goblin.

I ran Thanos and the non prime Kingpin with a cop on the side for generation.

Round 1 versus Andy and his bunch of stuff

Uncommon Spider-Man
Venom
Scorpion
Aunt May
Spider-Woman
Kraven the Hunter

This was not a good matchup for Andy as I could pick and choose my targets and with plasticity was almost impossible to tie down. With willpower and leadership of Kingpin I could clear tokens like crazy and the fact that anyone I hit was immobile also didn’t help. I wiped his team but lost nothing.

Round 2 versus

Carnage Silver Surfer
Mary Jane
Venom
Miles Morales

So I got to play the luckiest player. This game can be summarized as I hit their surfer twice but then never got a chance to hit them again. They could not hit my Thanos so it came down to who could KO more support pieces and I got their Venom and Mary Jane while they got my kingpin.

Round 3 versus

Soldier Supreme
Matt Murdock who can perplex
Hand Ninja

This game can be described as follows. Thanos hits soldier supreme and he’s immobile. Thanos hits willlower and then Soldier Supreme again and he’s immobile. Repeat until soldier supreme is KO’d. I did lose kingpin after he used some outwit from his immobile soldier to take away my mastermind and his peons rolled super well. But they died real quick to Thanos.

Well it’s going to be very fun when I can play him with some more monsters.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

There were four players today, including morand. These were the pulls:

Player 1:
Carnage Silver Surfer

Player 2:
SSupreme

morand:
Venom Thanos
Green Goblin

me:
two loving rares

I was... ill-tempered.

And yet I somehow managed to win the event! Apart from being steamrollered by Venom Thanos, who I simply could not catch as he merrily ran around the board picking my dudes off, I managed to hold my own. In Round 2 I took out all of Spider Supreme's support and then dogpiled him, pouring on enough attacks that he eventually cracked and went down, getting me 300 points. Round 3 against Carnage Silver Surfer was harder and I technically lost that match 60-50 due to some very unlucky rolls saving Carnage Silver Surfer's rear end, as I had him on the ropes, but that meant the day ended with everyone at 2-1 and my round 2 sweep was enough to take it.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
if you have an Ollie’s by you they’ve got boosters of creepy freaks for 99 cents in case you want to relive how truly on their bullshit wizkids was in the early aughts

my threshold for dead games is usually $2.99-$12.99 anything under is just trash I’m bringing to my house and anything over is too expensive so i let them be

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Wizkids is trying to move old cons quite a bit now it seems.

You can get a deadpool the duck with any Marvel purchase through the end of the day. On top of the SP//DR for getting a brick of beyond amazing, and the Wonder Woman and Jumpa for a DC purchase.

I bought a brick of Beyond Amazing cause why not.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Wizkids announced a new DC set. It's called Notorious and will focus more on villains.

If you pre-order it, you get the Batman and Jarro con.

I do love me my DC villains so I'm excited about it.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
i bet the jokers in this one

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

John Romero posted:

i bet the jokers in this one

Oh come on, they can't put him in every DC set

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Today was movie night. 500 points, your team has to be based on a movie that is not a comic book movie and Scooby Gang doesn’t count.

Fabulous no prize to anyone who guesses what movie my team was

AFE Legacy Hawkeye
Caav Trick Shot
Caav Atlas
Xos Sheriff Gia Whitechapel
WW80 Guy Gardner
ABI Titania
BTU Chase Batman with utility belt
XSOP Saturnyne who can nudge die rolls
Mr Oz at lower value

Edit: Andy doesn’t count cause he already knows it

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Here is my team:

Arachknight
Weapon Hex
Scarlet Witch (D+ chase and it was important that it was that version specifically, you get that clue for free)
Rocket Raccoon
Daphne
Scooby Doo
Stone Men of Saturn x2

It is guessable. Here are clues, in ascending order of helpfulness:
It's a male and a female martial artist, both of whom are multiple people at the time same. The male is somewhat nerdy. The female can do a bit of magic. There is another woman who can do even more magic, and is prepared to tear the multiverse apart because she has mommy issues. There's a raccoon, a girl and her dog, and two talking rocks.
The movie came out in 2022.
It won at least one Oscar.

Also, because he didn't do it, ascending clues for morand's team:
Two archers who are half brothers. A big guy, a sheriff, someone named Guy, a woman who takes no nonsense from anyone, a clever outsider with a belt full of tricks, a woman who knows how to influence others, and a mysterious advisor in a robe.
Alan Rickman played the villain.
The main character didn't even bother with the accent.

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 19, 2023

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

CapnAndy posted:

Here is my team:

Arachknight
Weapon Hex
Scarlet Witch (D+ chase and it was important that it was that version specifically, you get that clue for free)
Rocket Raccoon
Daphne
Scooby Doo
Stone Men of Saturn x2

It is guessable. Here are clues, in ascending order of helpfulness:
It's a male and a female martial artist, both of whom are multiple people at the time same. The male is somewhat nerdy. The female can do a bit of magic. There is another woman who can do even more magic, and is prepared to tear the multiverse apart because she has mommy issues. There's a raccoon, a girl and her dog, and two talking rocks.
The movie came out in 2022.
It won at least one Oscar.
I don't really know anything about the movie, but I'm guessing Everything Everywhere All At Once.

quote:

Also, because he didn't do it, ascending clues for morand's team:
Two archers who are half brothers. A big guy, a sheriff, someone named Guy, a woman who takes no nonsense from anyone, a clever outsider with a belt full of tricks, a woman who knows how to influence others, and a mysterious advisor in a robe.
Alan Rickman played the villain.
The main character didn't even bother with the accent.

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. I assumed the last clue indicated Sean Connery until I thought of the answer and then remembered he was also in it!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

You are right on both teams, although you got to morand's via the wrong actor. Kevin Costner quite famously did not even bother to attempt an English accent for the film, despite playing Robin Hood.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

CapnAndy posted:

You are right on both teams, although you got to morand's via the wrong actor. Kevin Costner quite famously did not even bother to attempt an English accent for the film, despite playing Robin Hood.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I knew you were talking about Kevin Costner. I just meant Connery was my first instinct.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

More MCU stuff is coming -- I've seen a slide with Mr. Knight, She-Hulk, Lucky the Pizza Dog, and Konshu on it, and another with a GotG Holiday Special boxed set (I think).

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
That Death of Superman Iconix box looks sick as hell, obviously the sculpts in the promo shots are probably jazzed up a bit but usually the ones in the boxes like that are still pretty good. I'll definitely grab that. I don't think I've got an Black Suit Superman, Eradicator or Superboy in that style, they've not been made that often and another Doomsday, Supergirl in that style and a basic, probably very good Superman are always welcome too.

They also showed off some sculpts from the Ghost Rider marvel set coming out in a bit and there's glow in the dark paint on some of the figures in it. A cool gimmick although I'm probably not gonna play Heroclix games in the dark.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

600 Points One keyword away today. It was basically build a 600 point team that is accurate to a comic movie, video game, or storyline and if it’s not blatant cheese you’ll get theme benefits. Play cheese and there will be penalties.

I was not going to make it, but my kids got invited to a play by their aunt so I had a free afternoon and figured gently caress it. I went a little lazy though, playing a team based on the new spiderverse movie as an excuse to try out my new iconix Spider-Man.

I played

Garbage Can Spider-Man as random Spider-Man
Iconix real and fake Spider-Man
Earth x Spider man who has support as Peter B Parker
PS4 Spider-Man as himself since he’s in the trailer
SVAC Miles with the dimensional watch
SVAC Ghost Spider with the watch
SVAC Spider-Man 2099 with watch
SFOSM Spider-Man Noir

I think that was it.

Andy who was judging the event ignored the restriction to play stuff he just got.

God Emperor Doom at 200
The 4 Fantastic Thors

Long story short the Fantastic Thors do not like super senses and really don’t like a PS4 Spider-Man with a 3-6 senses thanks to new Spidey TA and 4-6 shape change when one of the iconix spider-men is pointing to him. They also don’t like senses in general since trash can Spider-Man got first strike on a good chunk of the team to knock doom to an I will end you punch click and Reed off outwit. Garbage can spidey got KO’d but turned into Peter Parker to add more prob and the real iconix Spidey got knocked to his plasticity and prob click. That click annoyed doom something fierce. Reed feel next so he could stop providing outwit protection to his team and once he did the outwit party started and Sue and Johnny fell fast. Once thing got focused fire’d on and KO’d we called the game as doom couldn’t oneshot anyone with 4 damage and was going to get swarmed and KO’d.

Yay spider-man.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Rise from the grave thread.

Hey all,

Want to help me and Andy out? Andy is going to Gen-Con and wants to place better then "at least I showed up" so he and I are going to be playtesting some 300 modern teams.

I am sadly pretty disconnected from the hot meta nowadays. I had a slightly better idea last year (play thanos) but this year it a bit rougher. Any thoughts or ideas?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Morand posted:

Andy is going to Gen-Con and wants to place better then "at least I showed up"
12th! In the entire country!

There are eleven names on the list of players in America better than me and I do not see yours there

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Hey folks, I have never played HeroClix before, but over the years, I collected game pieces of some of my favorite DC characters. Now I'm downsizing my various collections, and these are all boxed up. Would anyone have any interest in these, or any use for them? I'm guessing none of them are in great demand, but I would love to find someone who would appreciate them more than I do. I probably have all the cards for any of them that came with cards.

Batman
Booster Gold
Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)
Green Lantern (Guy Gardner)

Ice
Fire
Martian Manhunter
Big Barda
Mister Miracle

Animal Man
Flash (Wally West)
Elongated Man
Captain Atom
Rocket Red

Sandman (Wesley Dodds)
Starman (Jack Knight)
Starman (Ted Knight)
Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)
The Question (Vic Sage)

Maxwell Lord
Catman
Deadshot
Captain Boomerang
Mirror Master
Captain Cold
The Shade

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

You could try the various facebook groups? Nothing there is in much demand as you said so you won't get much for it if anything at all.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Yeah, there's a lottery you can hit where WizKids selects certain old pieces to get revamped and added back to the modern game, which spikes the value of any piece chosen for that, but sadly for you none of those have gotten picked. It's basically valueless.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
Had a fun little event this week. I did my 'get with me ahead of time, and we'll make a legacy card for a figure of your choice' tournament again. Turnout was low, because we'd been expecting to do our pre-release, but product didn't arrive. So we just had three players...

One guy did a Justice League team, built around vet Cosmic Justice Green Arrow.

Green Arrow posted:

Add Justice League TA
Trait - Longbow Hunter - IT: Elevated, Shoot. When Green Arrow has not been placed this turn and makes a ranged attack, he modifies attack and damage +1 if the closest target is at least 4 squares away, an additional +1 if they are 7 squares away, and an additional +1 if they are 10 squares away.
Trait - Soulless Resurrection - Precision Strike, Sidestep. // When Green Arrow would be KO'd, instead choose one of these powers that you haven't chosen this game and turn him to click 1; Green Arrow can no longer use the chosen power. If you cannot, KO Green Arrow.

Another went Gotham City Underworld, featuring Condiment King.

Condiment King posted:

Add Batman Enemy TA.
Trait - I Don't Cut the Mustard Anymore? I'd Better Ketchup! – This game, until he has been healed, Condiment King cannot take more damage in a turn than the number of the click he began the turn on. [When he starts on click 1, he can't go past click 2. Starts on click 2, can't go past click 4.]

Trait - Bhut Jolokia Ghost Pepper - Once per game, Pulse Wave. // When Condiment King gives an opposing character an action token, after resolutions deal that character damage equal to their amount of action tokens.

Speed - Salt In The Wound - Plasticity, Sidestep. // When an adjacent opposing character is dealt damage, increase damage dealt by 1.

And I ran a danger room hologram team (plus Nimrod the Lesser), featuring Mutations & Monsters Danger.

Danger posted:

Drop cost to 100
Trait – Danger Room Controller: POWER: choose a friendly character within range with the Danger Room Construct trait. Until your next turn, treat that character as if it had 3 Error tokens.

Trait – Lessons From the Danger Room: Danger – When another friendly character with a ‘Lessons From The Danger Room’ trait is KO’d, both Danger and the character that KO’d them can use the granted effect this game.

Trait – ERROR! – When Danger would be damaged, you may remove an Error token from a friendly character within range with the Danger Room Construct trait to only take 1 damage.

Damage – Seen It All Before – Leadership, Outwit. When she uses Leadership and succeeds, Danger may also add or remove an Error token to or from a friendly character within range. // Danger modifies defense +1 for each standard power the attacker can use that is not displayed on their dial.

Since there were just three of us, we did a big three-way game on the Dawn of Man 3x3 map. The early goings featured the Justice League team frustrating the hell out of the rest of us with Hal Jordan relocating them every turn, keeping Green Arrow at optimal range while we tried to pin them down while fighting each other. I had Apocalypse make Juggernaut Colossal and go over to Quake the whole team, but could never roll high enough past the two PCs to hit anything but constructs and Zatanna's bats.

Harley Quinn weakened my Magneto enough that he landed on Telekinesis, so I was able to have Danger make Sabretooth a real boy for a turn and Mags TK him out, and one round of Flurries dropped Hal to his final STOP click, which finally slowed the team down enough that the game became a three-way slugfest, rather than two teams ineffectually running after the Justice League while getting picked apart.

After a lengthy battle, I was down to Apocalypse, Mister Sinister. Nimrod, and Danger. Gotham had Harley and Batman/Catwoman. And the Justice League was sitting pretty with Green Arrow, Hawkman/Hawkgirl, Batman, Martian Manhunter, and Zatanna. But I'd been rolling like crap, and my opponents had been rolling well. And late in a game featuring Nimrod the Lesser, that is dangerous. Going into my turn, Nimrod was on his last click, but had 12 Rally dice stored, and Apocalypse had 6. I had three attacks that I was able to make, and needed to roll a 1 in two of them. And, well, I continued to roll like crap. Got my two 1s, which got Apocalypse 2 more Rally dice, which meant that Nimrod was able to take a power action to convert all my Rally dice into Mission Points and win the whole thing in one fell swoop. Not at all what I'd set out to do, but a darn entertaining way to end a game.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I finally looked over the set list for SMBA. Do any of the rest of you feel the need to paint a mustache and tonsure on Prime Kingpin so you can have Carl kick Daredevil's rear end? Also, the prime Iron Spider is nuts.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Hey folks, I have never played HeroClix before, but over the years, I collected game pieces of some of my favorite DC characters. Now I'm downsizing my various collections, and these are all boxed up. Would anyone have any interest in these, or any use for them? I'm guessing none of them are in great demand, but I would love to find someone who would appreciate them more than I do. I probably have all the cards for any of them that came with cards.

Batman
Booster Gold
Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)
Green Lantern (Guy Gardner)

Ice
Fire
Martian Manhunter
Big Barda
Mister Miracle

Animal Man
Flash (Wally West)
Elongated Man
Captain Atom
Rocket Red

Sandman (Wesley Dodds)
Starman (Jack Knight)
Starman (Ted Knight)
Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)
The Question (Vic Sage)

Maxwell Lord
Catman
Deadshot
Captain Boomerang
Mirror Master
Captain Cold
The Shade

They're not worth the effort to post on eBay, and I doubt you'd be able to trade or donate to a comic book/gaming shop. Keep them and try playing a game some time. :)

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

WizKids has decided to play silly buggers and not only pre-list the HeroClix events for GenCon, but not even list them on the day that registration opens. Apparently they're gonna go live randomly and if you're not refreshing the events catalog right then, well, too bad.

So at the moment I'm leaving a space open in my schedule for a Nationals qualifier I may never even get the opportunity to sign up for. Not ideal.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Anyone playing in a pre-release soon? We're running ours June 4th.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Morand posted:

Anyone playing in a pre-release soon? We're running ours June 4th.

Mine is tomorrow, so long as our product arrives.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Torrent posted:

Mine is tomorrow, so long as our product arrives.

I take it this has been a big issue lately?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

Lately???

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

ManiacClown posted:

WizKids rarely announces release dates, and since the pandemic started, shipping has been quite unpredictable. We'd been told we would have Avengers 60th last week, for example.

But we did have it tonight!

Turnout was lower than expected due to a lot of people being out of town, so we just went through one brick. Nothing fun in my packs, but we had an even number of players so I was sitting out anyway. All told, the brick had two super rares (Photon and Moonstone) and one SR prime (Thor). Kind of an underwhelming haul, to be honest. But the games, round two in particular...

One match got close to the end pretty quickly. That game came down to prime Thor vs. the uncommon Hulk, and that fight lasted over ten minutes just with the two of them. Hulk kept healing back up, and basing, and Thor kept having to break away to use his RCE. Thor eventually won, but it was one of the longest one-on-ones I have seen in a while.

The other match was kind of a big cluster, with neither side really able to pull a clear advantage. One of those 'lots of attacks, lots of damage, but few KO's' kind of games. As we came down to the last action, one side had lost two figures, an Ultron Drone and the Scarlet Witch, and the other side had not lost any. But the last action was a triple-target Mind Control from the Leader, dropping double 6s to grab Luke Cage, Spider-Man Robot, and another Scarlet Witch. The Robot sniped down and KO'd both Misty Knight and Jocasta. Jocasta explodes when KO'd, but only after resolutions, and the Mind Control had yet to resolve. So Spider-Man Robot leaped down into the blast radius, and got smashed by Luke Cage. Cage failed a break away, and so couldn't throw himself into the fire. Scarlet Witch stepped into the blast, tried to attack Cage, and critically missed, which meant she was damaged enough that the blast would KO her. Jocasta finally exploded, KO'ing the Witch and an Abomination from the Leader's team. Last action ended up causing five KO's. It was wild.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Morand posted:

Lately???

I meant compared to normal. I mean, this is Wizkids we're talking about.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Avengers 60th pre-release: I pulled poo poo. No SR, no prime, no chase. However, two of the worthless pieces I pulled were Grey Hulk and Beyonder. I ran:

Grey Hulk
Beyonder at lower point value
Captain America (robot?)
Ultron Drone on the plasticity/empower starting line
Hellcat

Here's how all three games went: Beginning of game, Avengers choose the team ability possessed by the biggest threat on the other team. Turn 1, Ultron Drone taxis Hulk up. Turn 2, Hulk grabs a piece of terrain and hits their biggest gun in the face with a 14 attack for 7 damage. Beyonder's traited PC and psyblast were both huge, and my tertiary attackers pulled their weight really well (and Ultron Drone got a hilarious crit hit off on Prime Thor), but today was the Hulk Smash Show, Starring Hulk. I won all three games with massive amounts of time left on the clock in each, going 3-0 and scoring a perfect 900 points. Since we'd opened so many bricks, I got to pick a team-up and a legacy card, so I grabbed Mephisto, figuring that the ultra chase's TUC is the best one, and Thor Odinson, since I have him.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

What's Avengers Prime going for now that they have a Legacy Card?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

What's Avengers Prime going for now that they have a Legacy Card?
eBay says $80-$100, but supply is almost nonexistent.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I sold mine for $100.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Steve Vader posted:

I sold mine for $100.

I'm tempted to sell mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Sadly I didn't have much choice. Wife lost her job so I'm scrambling to sell stuff, including most of my Legacy figures. Trying to find the goddamn instructions so I can sell my OG Galactus. Etc. Hoping I don't have to sell my Unicorn Deadpool.